Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-23-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Glad you are here Caramel! Sorry that happened. Do you know what was your trigger? If so maybe you can adjust your plan. Glad you posted!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thinking it through - which is what I should have done yesterday! - something to do with "deserving a treat" - there were unwise food-choices involved too.
Smarter choices next time.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Hey Keep, it's not too late. He still wants his Mom....the sober Mom. I have two teens and they just want me to be in my right mind and love them. Glad you are here.
Thanks Simply-
I pray you're right. It makes me sad when I go from fun to mean and I know I've said things that surely hurt him when I'm drinking and he's pushing my buttons. It makes my heart hurt.
He's a good boy, and very blessed in many ways...but I want him to have a healthy childhood .
Thank you for your support.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Stay with us KIR and I think you will find the support you need. I'm glad your working at this.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Augusta1893 View Post
KIR I don't think it is ever too late. I have an 11 year old son as well. I don't know how much he has figured out, but I don't want him to is the point. He's been gone on a camping trip all weekend, and I can't wait to see his sweet little face and greet him completely sober.
It's a fun and challenging age. How long have you been drinking if you don't mind my asking? Did he see you drunk? I've been drinking off and on for the past 6 years or so.... Maybe 3 times a week. I don't always get sloshed, but it seems to be more frequent. They love us and look up to us so much....I hate letting him down and I work really hard the rest of the time to make sure everything is great. Maybe that's how I deal with the guilt?
I'm glad you're little one will be coming home to a happy sober Mom!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Hello, I am in

Hello,
Today is my tenth day sober. I found this forum two days ago and have been reading, but this is my first time posting. I need to be part of a group because I know I will drink again if I don't. I have felt really sick for all ten days and I think I must have a cold or flu as well as withdrawal because everything I have read said the physical responses to withdrawal are over in about 5 days. Well, I wake up everyday feeling as hungover as I did when I was drinking every night. My headache is horrendous, I am exhausted beyond measure and I have no appetite. The psychological cravings have started now as well and everyday the voice in my head tells me to go buy wine. But I don't because I know that if I don't quit I will probably die.
So I am here with y'all, needing support and looking to give support back. I have never been to AA or anything but I will probably look for a face to face meeting soon as well. This online seems like a good place to be part of for those moment to moment times. And I am looking forward to ''meeting" the people here.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi, Optimist4ever,
I am taking a long time to recover too. Hang in there and so will I!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

KIR, I think I started drinking more after the divorce so probably the last 6 years. Of course drinking is progressive so it has progressed to a point where I'm not comfortable. He hasn't seen me falling down drunk or anything, but definitely times where I've had more than enough. Either I play it off well or he just doesn't say anything...probably the latter. I've had a really rough year with the death of a dear friend (ironically killed by a drunk driver) and a break up of a relationship. I'm finding that drinking just brings more pain instead of dulls it like I hope it will. Trying a new tactic.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Tertor ....glad you are here! I'm on day 8 and this is my first day without a headache. Make sure you are hydrating and eating decent, because they can create headaches. Mine just was, what it was....Your AV (alcoholic voice) will scream for its wine. There are some good resources her about your AV and other common challenges. Welcome!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Day 5 finished. Sending encouragement to everyone battling.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Big things already starting back in my life at just 23 days. Amazing what happens when you give it to your higher power! Stay strong everyone
Old 04-23-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

I am one day in. I have been drinking for 35 years, give or take. My most recent quit was for 10 days and then I went a little crazy. Light Beer is my beer of choice. I don't black out, haven't in YEARS. I don't fall down (maybe I've done that on a few Mexican vacations). I am not usually hungover. That said, I have tried to quit too many times to count in those 35 years. This last time I started, after my 10 day dry spell, I kicked in with 10-14 beers a day. I am not a big gal, so maybe not falling down, but certainly stumbling.

My ex, and father to my children is an alcoholic, so someone has to stop and guide these minions through a sober life. That, and it's so unhealthy. I'm not getting any younger.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome EarnIt
Glad to have you join us

D
Old 04-23-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Welcome, EarnIt.
This is a good place to be, much wisdom and encouragement here.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Welcome 'newbies' to the April 2017 class.

6:10am in the UK and start of a new week. All the rubbish of last week is gone and can't be changed. What we can do is control our futures.

Have a good week everyone
Old 04-23-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Day 17. e

I'll be back when the site back on its feet. Stay sober everybody!!!
Class of April 2017 Rules!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Day 4 today... So happy I made it through the weekend sober! We can do this! Have a safe and sober Monday everyone!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 42 for me.

My anxiety came back with a vengeance yesterday and still on going today. I am suffering from jaw tightness and sounding like i've had a stroke doh. Also my taste and smell still hasnt returned and that's over 4 weeks grr so time for the doctor again.

Great job on everyone over the weekend x have a great week and great day today.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry erratic - is there anything you can do about it?

D
Old 04-24-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

SteveAlex - That's great news! Love the positives that come with sobriety

Erratic - Hang in there lady I have a major problem with aniexty that I hoped would go away when I stopped drinking, but no such luck. I'm going to try some light yoga and Tai Chi classes this week and see how that goes. Hope you have a good day and it passes.

Hello all new Classes members Best wishes to us all!

Day 21 - Have a Pre-op doctors appt today that conflicts with the AA meeting I like to attend on Monday's, so have to find another one somewhere sometime today. Surgery I need is on my hand. A drunk accident last Fall when I didn't have insurance. It's been so long its now reconstructive surgery.. Anyway, expensive and will be wearing a cast for 6 weeks, then 6 weeks of physical therapy. I pray this is the last $ I have to spend on being a drunk dumb***.

My relationship is totally over. Boyfriend needs to go back to NA & AA and get sober again, but he doesn't want it right now at least. I didn't now him when he was sober. He's a 42 yr old skateboarder that's attitude is F*** everyone and everything. I'll be there for him if he ever decides to get straight again. I'm very positive right now, it's like a huge weight off of me. I woke up with a lighter heart and a peaceful mind. I realize, I'll mourn the lost of us at some point soon I'm sure, but I feel confident in my decision that it wasn't a healthy relationship that would go anywhere positive with his current attitude.

This has become like a journal for me. Thanks for letting me be apart of this lovely group XO Have a great Sober Week, one day at a time! Peace be with you