Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 03-28-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

That is just evil to say Sam!!! Thankfully tofutti is off limits on whole 30, it's soy. Whew you're off the hook on that one MITA!!! What you can do is get yourself an ice cream maker and make it with coconut cream.

My sister-in law did the whole 30 and OMG she lost a very visible amount of weight. She went back on it yesterday. She went a little crazy after the 30 days and started feeling like crap again.

Hugs Bobbie, I pray to God none of my kids follow this path.

Tonight is Mediterranean Beef Stew for dinner. It's a recipe I've made for years that was already Paleo compliant and it's made in the crockpot. I don't know why I don't use my crockpot more, it's soooo dang easy.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

When you come into an A.A. meeting, you're not just coming into a meeting, you're coming into a new life. I'm always impressed by the change I see in people after they've been in A.A. for a while. I sometimes take an inventory of myself, to see whether I have changed, and if so, in what way. Before I met A.A., I was very selfish. I wanted my own way in everything. I don't believe I ever grew up. When things went wrong, I sulked like a spoiled child and often went out and got drunk. Am I still all get and no give?

Meditation for the Day

There are two things that we must have if we are going to change our way of life. One is faith, the confidence in things unseen, the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe. The other is obedience: that is, living according to our faith, living each day as we believe that God wants us to live, with gratitude, humility, honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. Faith and obedience, these two, will give us all the strength we need to overcome sin and temptation and to live a new and more abundant life.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may have more faith and obedience. I pray that I may live a more abundant life as a result of these things.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Quick check in before we head to dinner and a NHL Hockey game tonight. I suck at this "vacation" thing. I am NOT good at relaxing! Oh well...I'll keep trying.

Hi Thirteenth and everyone else!!!!!!

Day 19.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
That is just evil to say Sam!!! Thankfully tofutti is off limits on whole 30, it's soy. Whew you're off the hook on that one MITA!!! What you can do is get yourself an ice cream maker and make it with coconut cream.
This is true - thankfully, I'm not a fan tofutti. I've done the Whole30 before. I actually went about 7 or 8 years eating very strict (not 100% Whole30 compliant, but very clean). I felt great. Nutrition is a lot like drinking though - it starts with a little ice cream here, some pizza there, a chocolate eclair when no one is looking ....

Anyway, I expect to be a little cranky the first week ... well, crankier than usual

Have a great day!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home. I really feel like I am battling the demons today. I know that it started yesterday when I let a little "would one glass of wine really be so horrible tonight?" thought creep in and I didn't shut it down right away...instead I just let it fester and gain momentum. Then today it just grew and grew until I pretty much had myself talked into buying a bottle with appropriate excuses and lies. Thankfully I was able to think it through and am currently poison-less but just telling on myself. I didn't reach out, I didn't post, I didn't phone a friend....this could have ended much differently. Grateful it hasn't but confused and annoyed with myself. Well off to wage the war. Thanks for listening. ❤
Old 03-28-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Great job, Samantha. You thought it through and were prepared. You feel like you were knocked off your feet with the urge, but I'm telling you, you're still standing. Hugs. Love you.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good job Sam!!!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Super job Sam!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Okay just finished dinner and had a Toffutti...lol. Going to head out for a quick run and then it's pj's and maybe a book. New day tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

P.S. PJ - Baby Kong has a real fascination with that chair!!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I was just thinking of you Sam (true)- do you think bananas wearing a blonde wig- tied between 2 poles with rope might distract the Kong family?
I am not sure about making them a gala public spectacle though. The last time they tried that with daddy Kong, all it bought was tears....
Perhaps we could set up a foundation the-

Kong Relief Appeal Plan?
Old 03-28-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Sam - good for you in recognizing it for what it is. Don't be alarmed if the feelings linger...just keep your eye on the goal and remind yourself what lies at the other end. Hope you had a good run.

Home after having to stop at the store on the way home. I just realized the liquor aisle didn't even register on my radar. I got some Greek yougurt amd coconut milk for my fruit and veg smoothies. Spaghetti and homemade meatballs for dinner. Yum!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Mmmmmm, spaghetti ~ my favorite!

Well done Sam ~ so glad you fought your way through it!

So glad to be here with you all.....settling in for the evening with some more music therapy!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I know it's early but I'm tired and BBT is on so I'm gonna' lay down and watch some TV.

Thank you all for being here and helping me through another day alcohol free!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Dinner's all done and put away. Plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow Settled in bed ready to watch How to Get Away with Murder. It's getting gooooood!!

I'll check in again a little later, friends.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Evening all!

Settled in with a tea and Charlie...heading to bed soon and hoping for a good night's sleep.

PJ - I like that idea!! Bananas in a blonde wig would be something to see

CH - That show is amazing!! I don't know where you are in it but it just keeps getting better and better!

BBG - enjoy BBT...night!!

Purplrks - sleep well!!

MITA - glad to see you here...not entirely sure what the Whole 30 is but you have me intrigued....off to Google it

PR - your Mediterranean Beef Stew sounds yummy!! I also think the same thing about my Crock Pot....I think it's the cleanup that I find unattractive

Kiki - enjoy the game!!

Bobbie - glad Nathan is doing well.....hugs

Well off to bed I think....love you guys
Old 03-28-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Sam I was feeling like that quite often before the last time I drank. I knew I needed to reach out but still somehow didn't. I don't have any answers but just please be careful and try again to post or call someone in those moments. I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't reach out either.

CH I've only seen a few episodes of that, I remember liking it but I got distracted. Maybe I'll give it another go!

Bobbie I'm glad things are ok, sounds like he's being really reasonable about it all. I hope things improve and you can all look back at these experiences as growth.

day 12 for me, have to go into work for just a bit to pick up some paperwork. It's been easier being at home away from any temptation but I don't have a choice - I think I might treat myself to some sushi and a fancy juice just to have something to look forward to and distract myself from drinking. I don't actually want to drink, I just know my anxiety goes haywire the first few times i'm out again after a binge. Too many people, too much to do. I'll do some yoga when I get home.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Went to al anon mtg tonight with my son's girlfriend. It was very teary and a good mtg. Glad we went.

Going to run, shower and go to bed I think.

immri - sushi sounds awesome... Sam - toffutti- not so much. lol

Phx - I don't have a Kong issue - but would love to attend a KRAP mtg.

CH - enjoy your smoothie.

Purple -sweet dreams.

BBG - enjoy BBT.

Night, class.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is crazy hair day at DD's school. This is the first time she's doing her hair. I don't know if she just wasn't interested before, or I was too involved with drinking to be bothered with it. Probably a combination of both. She's going to wear pigtails braided with purple and yellow pipe cleaners so that she can pose them all funky. I wouldn't have had the patience to figure it out, do a test run and then prep everything for the morning if I had been drinking. She's pretty excited about it. Hopefully that excitement translates into a focused morning...because we all know how kids can be in the morning!
Old 03-28-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in on my way home. I really feel like I am battling the demons today. I know that it started yesterday when I let a little "would one glass of wine really be so horrible tonight?" thought creep in and I didn't shut it down right away...instead I just let it fester and gain momentum. Then today it just grew and grew until I pretty much had myself talked into buying a bottle with appropriate excuses and lies. Thankfully I was able to think it through and am currently poison-less but just telling on myself. I didn't reach out, I didn't post, I didn't phone a friend....this could have ended much differently. Grateful it hasn't but confused and annoyed with myself. Well off to wage the war. Thanks for listening. ❤

Great job fighting off the beast Sam! Love you!