Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I read some stuff today, PR. It is funny. Poor Cracker Barrel.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

13TH a great post, thanks. KEEP POSTING. You are missed. Why not- we still start up the 13th can kicking team.

Cracker Barrel- what is fake news?
B- I hope all is okay with yourself and your family.

Cyclone Debbie on Q-land upper north coast- up to 270k winds. Very well prepared (on media at least) response by the authorities. A very strong community focus.

Lots happening today- just stuff, but lots of it. The word 'mindfulness' - a blessing and a curse.

Stay on earth my Padowans and remember the Force.

If it does not work- force it. It it breaks- it was not meant to work anyway. (Part of Murphy's law).
Old 03-27-2017, 09:09 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

SAM! Kong is rearranging the furniture again! bang, thump, scrape-scrape. Mind you it has only been 3 times in the last week, so in a quiet mood.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Lol. Family is okay, PHX. Hope your "stuff" is bearable.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

B- good to read. My stuff is okay. Dealing with the faceless govt machine with very slow progress, but progress still.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don;t think you suck at all 13th - those I remember thinking that way about myself helped me justify drinking more.

I wonder if maybe you're not simply making too big a deal of this?

There;s an action component that requires little or no preparation or deep thinking - you just decide to put the bottle down and not pick it up again.

All the other stuff, the philosophising, the 'yeah buts' the discomfort and fear of not drinking, and the I suck stuff - maybe all that is the AV throwing obstacles at you.

What if you just act, and not think, for a bit?

D
Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Morning!! Still rainy and gloomy here....better than the white, fluffy stuff I guess. I slept crappy again - which is weird because I'm so tired. Hmmm....maybe some NyQuil tonight.

PJ - stuff can be a lot to deal with sometimes - take good care of yourself. Baby Kong is already awake this morning....new activity is loudly pushing, what I can only assume is a chair, across the new floors. Maybe I can suggest to his mother a trip to visit Daddy in Australia...lol . P.S. What would the machine look like if it had a face? Maybe Betty White?

Thirteenth - glad to see you check in. Hugs.

PR - day one in the books! Nice! I always feel better when I eat well.

CH - your evening sounded lovely...may follow suit tonight.

I know i missed people....sorry...doing this from memory. I am off to work shortly - hoping for a bare maximum kind of day. ❤❤
Old 03-28-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Perhaps my Kong is a huge baby then- pushing chairs. Scrape, scrape, scrape. Kong also should be on assault charges for the abuse they give their toilet lid. I hear it plain as day through 2 feet of concrete.

Starting work on new mp. Very challenging. Not a 12 hour marathon 1 dayer this. It is my journal now- instead of writing my thoughts/feelings and emotions- I paint 'em. Dealing with govt. people today- application for services from 17 months ago, just being looked at now. only 'cos I made a fuss. To very big govt peoples. Surprised it got any attention. Triggers of everything- since enmeshed in this- burns, divorce, separation, surgery, fear- and then my brain goes into melt down- thus the painting. It whittles away the time I cannot sleep.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I love that you paint your "journal" PJ. Expression can come in so many different ways and finding the one that works for you is pretty important. I journal in an actual journal only instead of writing paragraphs and sentences I write one word in the morning and one in the evening. The word is a colour and the colour is associated to my current mood...let's me know if I need to be more vigilant some days than others. Today I am feeling pink...with maybe a few polka dots.

Sorry you're going through so much. You truly are an amazing person and a huge inspiration to me. Like I said earlier - take good care of yourself ❤
Old 03-28-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Old 03-28-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Wow, I guess I needed some sleep - I was in bed before 8pm & slept all night! Just wanted to say a quick hello with some startin' fluid before the work day begins....will catch up with everyone a little later!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Startin' fluid and day planning time here. Catch up l8r.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

After a busy week, I needed some sleep too. Got caught up a bit yesterday - back to the usual today.

I'll catch up on posts a little later - hope everyone is doing great.

Starting my Whole 30 on Thursday - I will miss my ice cream
Old 03-28-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

You can eat Toffuitti
Old 03-28-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

MITA, I'm sorry I missed you in my list of folks. Bad oversight on my part. It seems you're doing well. Keep going.

I do want to clarify one thing, when I said I suck, I meant that only so far as I'm not good at being sober since I keep falling down. I'm getting far better at not beating myself up and moving onto the next get sober period. So rather than go all AV and say "the hell with it I do suck let's drink", I'm understanding that while it's far from desirable for me to keep falling, it's also not a reason to then go into full f'it mode. If that makes sense.

I'm learning that beating myself up is counter productive. The course must continue no matter what happens. The end game is sobriety and, to an extent, it doesn't matter how one gets there. Hopefully it's without a lot of wreckage but sometimes that's what happens. The goal is to limit said (or any) wreckage and live a happier, healthier life.

Thank you all for the support.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
MITA, I'm sorry I missed you in my list of folks. Bad oversight on my part. It seems you're doing well. Keep going.

I do want to clarify one thing, when I said I suck, I meant that only so far as I'm not good at being sober since I keep falling down. I'm getting far better at not beating myself up and moving onto the next get sober period. So rather than go all AV and say "the hell with it I do suck let's drink", I'm understanding that while it's far from desirable for me to keep falling, it's also not a reason to then go into full f'it mode. If that makes sense.

I'm learning that beating myself up is counter productive. The course must continue no matter what happens. The end game is sobriety and, to an extent, it doesn't matter how one gets there. Hopefully it's without a lot of wreckage but sometimes that's what happens. The goal is to limit said (or any) wreckage and live a happier, healthier life.

Thank you all for the support.
Luv that 13th!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Good freaking morning!!

My son seems to be handling this homeless stuff a lot better than I am . We had lunch yesterday. He realizes he got himself here and he says he will be the one to get himself out. He is clean, which is a relief. I was both fearful and hopeful that my ex was going to let him move back in. Nathan (my son) told my ex that he was leaving after taking a shower. This really may be the best thing that could have happened. Thanks for all of your prayers and the support. It means so much.

PHX - Hope all is well in the land of Oz. Faceless government is no fun. Progress is something though. I like your avatar.

Samantha - go slay dragons at work.

BBG - got my cup of startin' fluid. Ready to go here.

Purple - Have a kick a** day!

MITA - get some sleep. I miss your ice cream for you.

13th - slow and steady wins the race. Do one thing today. One thing that you didn't do yesterday. Exercise, read, journal. One thing.

Well, class - time for work. Get up guys!

Have an awesome day!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Thanks B. It is called' Tempest'. Reflected my mood that day.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Besides...KONG is still up. God knows what that crashing is now.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

PJ - when I lived in an apartment my dog drove my downstairs neighbors crazy... always dropping her bone on the hard wood floor. I got the broom banging on the ceiling a few times. We were Kong neighbors.

Bobbie - glad to hear your son is keeping his head about this. Hopefully it will help him get on the right path.

Sam - You will get good sleep tonight. I just know it! I like your journal idea! A lot!!

13th - glad you posted. You help us more than you realize. I hope you can help yourself too.

Kiki, LB, PR, BBG and anyone else I missed - hope you have a good day!