Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 03-22-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

well, I'm sure people are used to all that spittle by now, Badger.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was sent a one year token even though I'm not in AA, at least formally. I found it on the wooden pedastal thing by my front door where i put my keys when i come home. i decided it's an omen so I'm taking it with me next week on vaycay with Mrs. Tiles, even though I really feel secure in my sobriety. I need to be careful not to get complacent. I was on hyper alert to not drink in Cabo last summer, and I really needed to be there because it was a frigging booze cabana, but this time its more stealthy, so I'm taking it and carrying it with me.
I take this stuff seriously.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Where the **** is OOTT?!?!
Right here. I do have a day job, you know
Old 03-22-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you have a good attitude about it all Lee.

One thing I've learned is never say never...life has a way of putting opportunities before us

D
Old 03-23-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning all-
Sheesh what a non-day-off yesterday. Won't bore you with details but lots of program tools employed...used...not used...wash, rinse, repeat. Feel better this morning,tentatively.

At the early meeting.

Hope all have a good day- Oott, good thoughts on last summer and on upcoming trip.

A
Old 03-23-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Evening all, had to battle through the A in HALT today, a college teacher really frustrated me. Which is a pretty hard thing to do! Came home and chilled out instead of angrily drinking, which is what I wanted to do.

So many police and helicopters around town after the attack in London yesterday... bad times.

Got bored of the crush Badger, pretty standard. But I actually have a competent biology teacher now, she's brilliant! Don't reckon she'll last long at my college, she's too good, but I'm only there for another two months so I'm sure she'll hold out for that long.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great job OT! I think each of us has one of those letters that's our weakest point- mine is definitely tired.

Great day! Mtg then leisure time at Panera - I go to the same one several times a week and know everyone that works there, so fun- then got my hairs did....and all cut off! I tend to have something mulling in the back of my head (say, quitting drinking....or....) and then BAM - done! It's just the perfect look at this time in my life. QT with my beloved tonight and it was much needed; good sharing on how our week had been rough and such.

Hope everyone is taking care- it seems to be spring here, finally, which brings it bouts of allergies and colds....gotta get my rest to stay strong.

Good night all-
A
Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know OT, the PM thing is crazy.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to going through TSA next week. I've lost about 20 pounds since January (Lee and I are in a bit of a friendly get in shape competition), and I don't look anything like my passport and drivers license. I look like sh!t in my photos. Now my face isn't alcoholically puffy, and if I can be so bold, I actually look pretty decent. And I grew a goatee. So I'm expecting some compliments from the airport screener. I got a compliment coming back from Mexico six months ago, and now I'm even thinner, . . . I know..I'm vain.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My summer body is in progress as well OOTT.

Paid to get stabbed in my ear twice today, upper lobe and ear rim are now done. Looking forward to changing them in 3 months time, going for a space themed ear.

Also, heard back from that science voluntary role. They were very interested (which I was not expecting), I start at the beginning of April!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

That's super, OT!!
Old 03-24-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It's been an incredibly busy week for me, Soberdoodles.

I am so proud of all of us. We are doing so great and we've come far.

I have a new friendster in the March class, so I've been hanging there a little bit. I hope he makes it like we have.
We're true rock stars and we're made of rock star material....not everyone is.

On a side note, the March 2017 doesn't seem as active as we were the first month. I will do my best to stir them up a little bit.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
We're true rock stars and we're made of rock star material....not everyone is.
I have great support at work and last week my boss (sober almost 11 years) sent me an email that said how proud he was of me, what I am doing takes a special person and never to forget that, among a couple other supportive things.

That part really stuck out at me- that we are special. We are the warriors. We are brave and continue to ... keep going, no matter what.

Happy Sat all!
A
Old 03-25-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Roar
Old 03-25-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Heard some great talks about perseverance at an event today. We know all about that already!
Old 03-25-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I have great support at work and last week my boss (sober almost 11 years) sent me an email that said how proud he was of me, what I am doing takes a special person and never to forget that, among a couple other supportive things.

That part really stuck out at me- that we are special. We are the warriors. We are brave and continue to ... keep going, no matter what.

Happy Sat all!
A
We really are warriors. This is tough stuff. I'm so proud of all of us.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Roar
I am Phoenix hear me roar!
Old 03-26-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

OOTT- also meant to say to you....vain? I cannot wait to get a new DL picture when we move to our first place. Noone likes their license pic but in mine, I see the splotchy skin, lank hair, all the worst in what I looked like when drinking. Whatever the new one will be, it will be a million times better than that! Bam.

Survived a long Sat night. Actually, I was emotionally fine through a lot of chaos- I didn't let what others were suffering upset my balance- and actually did NOT take my third (of a three max, daily) ativan during the shift. Just one comment though - "kids these days." WOW. There was a group of about twenty with a ringleader - it would make you weep for our future if you saw how they behaved, talked to us staff, everything. Makes me grateful that with whatever flaws they have, my steps-to-be are solid, respectful people with good heads on their shoulders. Their parents (and I) can feel good about how they behave in the world when "unsupervised." And these foolios (sorry, taking their inventory there) were in late teens, mostly.

Restless night's sleep starting around 2am after I got home (!) - meeting and nap definitely on deck before tonight's work.

Haven't done this in awhile - quote of the day from my last blog post, a longtime favorite of mine:
"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets as Michelangelo painted, Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth should pause to say, 'Here lies a great streetsweeper who did his job well.'" - MLK, Jr

Happy Sunday all-
A
Old 03-26-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Went out on a photography day. Didn't end up at the intended location but somewhere better. Getting hopelessly lost worked in my favour today.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

OT, is the Battersea Power Station still existing or was it torn down?