Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 04-07-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Day 77. Congrats to our milestoners. Well done on 80 CAGY. Looking forward to that one as my sobriety clock seems to have slowed down. Feeling very stuck in the 70s.

That said, I'm sorry to have brought the mood back down! Tried to get into see the doctor today as the depression/ moodiness has been crippling the last day or too. Soooo tired. Gah! I thought I was past this.

Starting to think I might actually just be getting sick with cold or something.... I suppose that happens in recovery, too!

Well a heavy evening of relaxing with Pink Floyd and reading Shakespeare awaits...
Old 04-08-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Day 85.... getting close now to the magical day 90.

I've also been feeling the slump lately. I guess the shininess has really worn off now and reality is setting in. This is the new normal, living healthy and sober and I guess at times, I just feel bored. I have no intentions of drinking though. I'm on my second cup of tea, on a Saturday night with my cat curled up next to me. So, even though it feels a bit boring, it's actually very peaceful and so good to be looking after myself, finally. I've even caught myself humming at times, I think that's a sign of being either happy or content. Not something I'm used too.

I haven't had any drinking dreams, yet. I'm sure that will happen somewhere down the track. I'm finding I get really tired early these days, however that might be because I'm up at the crack of dawn for some reason. I certainly don't miss waking up in the middle of the night, craving water and feeling such absolute hopelessness at my situation. Always promising myself that I would never drink again and always failing. Thank god for SR.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 98.
I am sorry that so many of us are in the same low slump. If it helps, the fact that so many classmates are having it around the same time speaks to these stretches of depression being a part of the recovery. It isn't a coincidence that we all hit these around the same time. Painful and crippling, as these spells are, they might also be a sign of being on the right track.

I have never really dealt with issues sober. I was always in such a state that decisions were just made based on how drunk or hungover I was. I am facing issues sober now and am not used to having to deal with emotions that surface. These emotions used to be drowned out before, by gallons of booze. As this is all new, I expect my moods to be all over the place.

I know this journey and routine is correct so am just staying on course. Good things are happening, even if I feel catatonic at times. Spring is around the corner !

Best of luck classmates. Stay strong. Have a healthy, happy and sober day. We are on the right track.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Definitely getting sick, so that depressed feeling might just be illness...

Anyway, rollin' on....
Old 04-08-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Day 75

Well it's Saturday night at 845pm and I,m going to bed... how old am I??? Yeesh, I might as well be floating my teeth in a glass beside my bed!! Seriously, it's been a cruddy day...so flat emotionally, tried reading, walking, Netflix and cannot get out of my funk. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Goodnight all! J9
Old 04-08-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 96.

It is so strange that we are all in some kind of funk! I will add myself to that group. It's nothing terrible, but like a black cloud that's been following me for the last few days. Or you know how in comic books there will be a big scribble over someone's head? I guess I feel in a scribble mood.

It is about 1:00 in the morning and I am not able to sleep. This is very unusual, because so far in recovery I have been very early going to bed and able to fall asleep pretty quickly. I guess my days have been busier and being in rehearsal mode gets my mind racing.

I also had a drinking dream the other night. My husband was forcing me to drink! It was the strangest thing. He has been nothing but supportive, so not sure why he was not supportive in the dream! I woke up feeling anxious until I realized it was a dream.

Tomorrow is a very busy day with a looong rehearsal so should try to get some sleep.

Have a great sober Sunday Januarians!
NACN
Old 04-09-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

90 days for me today - woohoo!

headed off to work, nothing special really planned. I woke up early to have some 'me' time before the days starts.

It seems like a big milestone, but I've been here before and even further than this. Definitely doing it different this time around!
Old 04-09-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

what a great run of milestones you guys

D
Old 04-09-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Day 99.
Yay Site ! Well done hitting 90 !!!!!!!!. I hope your me time had some guilty, unhealthy food to celebrate. It is a big milestone and really hard to achieve. We are on the right path.
I am just getting up. I made a cup of tea, figured it was a Sunday so am going back to bed.
Good luck with the rehearsals NACN. I am certain learning lines is far easier now. I can actually read my kindle now, at night, and remember what where I left off when I pick it up again. I love the idea of a cartoon scribble over our heads. I think there is a Januarian scribble at the moment
J9 , I go to bed super early also. Especially when I am in a funk. I normally feel way better when I wake.
Get well soon, MrM.

Have a happy, healthy, sober day classmates.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Well it's Sunday morning ... Got the 80s tunes cranked ... listening to "One" by U2... and literally sitting here bawling... a blubbering fool . Maybe a good cry is what I need to get over this mood. Anyway ... cleaning is calling...I will be dancing in the kitchen with my broom if anyone needs me. Cleaning without wine is the pits ... actually Sundays are pretty rough in general for me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks! J9
Old 04-09-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Did I mention that the broom is brand new ( sober treat... Ha!) . Too bad it doesn't have an auto pilot setting. Feeling better ... The Bee Gees are lifting my mood... learning that everything passes in time
Old 04-09-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Sorry for hogging the thread this morning.... y'all must think I'm F'ing nuts... really strong drinking pull today so please bare with me... ok , I'll shut up ... for now!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Keep it up J9. You are doing great!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Day 99,

I hear you all on the funk....I've been up and down a lot this past week...but still sober
Congrats on 90 Site!!! Hope you have a lovely day!!! Eat Cake!!
J9NoWine stay strong! Keep blasting those 80s and singing and dancing away while you clean.

Just a quick post as I have to get ready for a toddlers birthday party!!!! Yayyyy me!!!! Arghhh.....at least I hear there's pizza! and Cake!
Hope you all are enjoying your day! x
Old 04-09-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Well done on 90 Site. I'm excited for you guys hitting three figures tomorrow, too!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

J9 - post as much as you want! That's what this thread is here for. And I agree - sometimes a good cry can be really cathartic.

So many people about to hit triple digits - how awesome! Congrats to everyone no matter what day you're on. I'm just proud we're still here and trying our best.

Off to help rescue a bird - it's been that kind of morning!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 100.
Wow. Seems funny writing that. Again, congrats to everyone hitting our milestones. I know we have some 90`s this and next week . That`s the big 3 month sober milestone so I will be excited to read each of those.

Just a very quick post as I am running late. I didn`t get up and exercise. Monday fatigue. But the sleep should be enough to carry me over the day. Last week was hell at work so I am hoping for a nice (4 day) week.

And, J9, loved all the posts. The more the checkins the better on this thread.

Have a healthy, happy and sober week Januarians. One more day.

P.S I doubt I will do anything as heroic as rescuing a bird, this week, Site ... Unless it is from being over-cooked in an oven
Old 04-10-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations dlb

D
Old 04-10-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

OMG DLB...100 days..WooHoo!!!! I am so proud of you! Have a great day. Thank you Ina, Site, and MMT for your kind words and support. Made it through another weekend. Day 77 for me...Busy work week as well. Thank God for a short week. Any smokers amongst us? ... That is my last crutch that I would like to get rid of... but one thing at a time, right? xoxo J9
Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

DLB!! 100!! Woohoo triple digits! That is pretty awesome. I hope you have some great way to celebrate, and that your week is not nearly as stressful as last week!
You are right, learning lines is a bit easier now. To be honest, one of the big events leading to my decision to take action about my drinking, had to do with that. In particular, during a performance of a show which had been running for weeks, I forgot my line. Like totally. And it took me a while on stage to recover. I work in a professional theatre, it is actually my job, and people payed a pretty penny to come and see this play. I hadn't been drinking directly before the performance, but at that point in my life I was in a state of some kind of inebriation at all times, so I am positive this had some kind of effect on forgetting my line. My mind was dull. It scared the crap out of me, and was a real wake up call.

The good news today is that the scribble above my head is fading! It may have something to do with the weather, the last few days were really rotten, and today was just beautiful. Feeling good and even ran three miles!

Congrats on 90 days Site!!! Way to go, three months!!

J9, glad you posted so much and were able to get through!!

Take care and have a happy sober day!
NACN