Notices

F.I.S.T. (The First Insanity Survivors Thread)

Old 04-04-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Good Morning all, wishing you all a peaceful and fullfilling day.

Love ya

Badge
Old 04-04-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

G- you are wasting natural resources here. Put the pan to one side, with a little water in it, put the lid on it.....next time Wilbur is there- he can lick it out.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

It is soaking right now. I'm multitasking here: soaking the pan and making the rounds on SR!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
p***enger

Gilmer, just a suggestion: bury the pan and say the gremlins took it.

Last night I didn't even look at yesterday's work out of fear and loathing. I unraveled one bad idea in my sleep. I'm looking forward to a straight 7 hour stretch in front of the computer. Then tonight will go as long as it needs to.

Is it for this that I survived insanity? Nnnyeh -- mebbe. s'ok. s'better than not surviving.

Whatever I do, I won't drink today.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

G- are you turning male? That is a male ploy- 'I am soaking it'. Then next day, you wash everything that is easy to wash- replace the water in the pan. If anyone nags- just say 'I am doing my best'.
Powdered bleach is a good way to get rid of burn marks. Or a heavy, blunt metal object- like a huge screw driver.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
p***enger

^^^ dude -- you're a dude right? there seems to be some disagreement in myth as to whether a phoenix was male or female -- anyway that's twice you've gone to traditional sex-dualism-centered epistemologies. Shame on you! I've been soaking all my life. My father soaked and one of my sisters soaks, but not the other. Soaking is sex-chromosome-neutral.

To purify F.I.S.T. and use the bludgeon of language to enforce my critique of critical theory & deconstruction of LEGOLAND, I suggest an alt-dualism: soakers/non-soakers.

When referencing soakers, in the future please use the pronoun SO, as in "SO performed a handstand and won SO's love's regard." Contrariwise, the nonsoaker should be referred to as NOSO, as in "NOSO is a cotton-picking ninny."
Old 04-04-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Myth, C2? I just checked, still have a beardy thing. Perhaps there is a diff betwixt male soakers and non-men persons who soak. I used to be a nurse for many years- so perhaps girly things osmosed into my psyche. I was outnumbered 10 to 1. I just invented a new form of osmosis.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

So a significant other who soaks? Abbreviated is sososo.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
So a significant other who soaks? Abbreviated is sososo.
Nice. I'm writing a manifesto.

""I'm writing a manifesto" is *always* a bad phrase to hear from an insanity survivor.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

All I know is I get excited to get dressed up to go to the dump into town one time a week!

I put the pan out at night to soak or get eaten by any number of critters.

Some advantages/disadvantages to living in the woods in the north.

Sober today!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I'm a SONOSO wit no SO

It was a very questionable time with a housefull of trash, er and well piled up outside. I feared the bylaw tremendously. I also feared my landlords showing up- I've been a model tenant, paying rent early and keeping my place in clean, nice shape.
And here I'd forgotten to take 2 or 3 bags or waste trash to the outside before we left for 4 days to the funeral. My dumb dog was always getting into the trash.
Anyways, after a full night of driving and arriving home at 5:30 am, I was assaulted by the reminding smell upon opening the door. So much for model tenant. White trash, very much. LOL Anyways. It's pretty well taken care of.
Most of the snow is almost gone so next is raking up the dog slew in the backyard. *barf* I love my children. ALL my children, no matter where they poo
PJ, that is a pretty decent ratio, where you single and get to enjoy it on some level?
Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Cour, back in the bad old days I would get so overwhelmed and intimidated by housework that I let stuff back up for over a week!

More than once I solved the problem by just throwing gross dishes in the trash!

When my husband was single, he often didn't get to his dishes promptly. So he put dirty dishes in the freezer so that the caked-on food would freeze and not decompose! I thought that was frickin' brilliant!

Now we are both very punctual at getting the dishes done. No more rotting food for either of us!
Old 04-04-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Nope wan not single- married to a nurse
Old 04-04-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
p***enger

I am so sick of and sickened by this paper I'm writing.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I was really, really messed up when I was young...

Old 04-04-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry--I was hoping you'd get on a roll and begin feeling adrenaline.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I was really, really messed up when I was young...

Me too.

As for adrenaline -- I have the energy. Or rather, I can't not have the energy, so I'll have it. It's just literally the paper is a mess, and it still needs a lot of work, and it's going to be a long night.

A different thing: there's a woman who's asking me to do a *big* piece of work, entirely pro bono, and at short notice. And acting like it would be a friendly favor for me to do it, even though she hasn't spoken to me in at least a year. So I said "no" -- fine. But I'm slapping her around. Good sobriety? I think not.

All right. I'll stop.

Oops. I referred to the individual above with inappropriately sex-differentiating terminology. I don't know if the individual soaks or does not soak, so I'll use A.S.S. (absentee soak-status):
there's an Absentee Soak Status who's asking me to do a *big* piece of work, entirely pro bono, and at short notice. And acting like it would be a friendly favor for me to do it, even though ASS hasn't spoken to me in at least a year. So I said "no" -- fine. But I'm slapping ASS around.
All right. I'll stop. Sorry, Dee
Old 04-04-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

That really cracked me up! Thank you! You were right to say no. Some requests are way out of line.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I agree- 'doing you a favour'? Sounds lie a nasty second hand dealer in a B-grade Brit crime drama.
As for soaking- we should also establish boundaries.
There is the 'pre- meditating soaker', the 'soakee'- being a person who is learning to soak from an experienced soaker.

Remember HALTS, to breathe and pace C2.
And of course the perpetual- just crap one- the 'always strongly soaking- with included products extra'.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

I'm a rinse and run dishwasher mostly now.

I hate washing big pots. I don't know why.
I absolutely lalalalove cookware that is no stick. I have this fab new pot set for Christmas that is this beautiful snowy white- what? ceramic?? I don't know. Nothing sticks. They are so easy to wash it is truly faster to just give em a quick wash than put them in the dishwasher.

Every now and again I get a pot that needs soaking if I use my older ones. But it's pretty uncommon. I keep a scrub brush and scrub em asap and toss em in the washer.
I had one that burnt some of the sauce on the bottom. That one sat soaking for close to a week hehe. Only for the fact of I really couldn't get the shiz off the bottom without steel wool. So finally I went and got some.

What do you call the occasional soaker usual dishwasherer then?

You guys frikken crack me. lmao

This is a fairly new practice for me. I only have one sink and got my dishwasher here before Christmas and just a couple weeks right before treatment and didn't have the proper attachment to hook it up.
Long story short, over the course of two months I dirtied every single dish in the house. I had tried to deal with it halfway by

putting a pile of dirty dishes in the oven to hide them from sight
(yes, this on top of the garbage pile up)

My now-non-existant-boyfriend washed them for me while I was in treatment and he came to visit me. Fortunately for me, I had enough money to buy the proper attachment for my slick 1960s dishwasher and rewashed all the dishes he washed. he didn't do a very good job.
I'm such an ungrateful B but I was really at the time.. but they really weren't very clean.

It was what it was. You'd never know it now. I keep my house as tidy as possible, chaos around me drives me nuts. I've got enough chaos and clutter in my head.