Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 05-23-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah - it's another brutal attack on freedom itself. The terrorists don't seem to realise that their darkness just makes the light of peace-loving people shine brighter. The light will prevail.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope everyone is OK out there. Thinking of you all.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah, it looks like the investigators have now found a whole terrorist ring. Hopefully the intelligence will have prevented further attacks.

It's a beautiful morning here.
I'm hoping that I'll be able do some snorkelling over the next few days, if the weather holds up.
I had a call from my colleague who's found another job, suggesting that we meet up for coffee. She's an avid surfer, so I'm hoping we both might hit the waves! I've not surfed for years.

Obo, how's the surf near you?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:41 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi all.

I'm quite proud. Tomorrow I've strung together 28 days.

4 weeks.

In that time. I have a job. Through that my wife has a job too. Now teaching chemistry in the senior years. All relationships are better. Aside from one.

That boy went off again on class. Swearing extremely and being violent. I kicked him out of class. Other teachers also saw this. He is now suspended from school. 15 year old. In a really bad way. Flash anger against authority. I was upset after it. Wife talked me through it during lunchtime.

It's an issue to concentrate on other than my thoughts. So from that angle it's good. But it really is getting to me.

I'm happy to sober and proud to have a deeper resolve.

Later I will direct you all to a YouTube video on a gambler in Australia who has a relapse. His honesty is brutal and inspiring.

Must go baby needs bed.....
Old 05-25-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 4 weeks Obo.

D
Old 05-25-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Appreciate it.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Obo.....
Old 05-25-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

NICE OBO!! onward we go......I will have 60 days Saturday & such a relief. I think upon those last few weeks drinking, nothing major from it but just the void & unhappiness I felt in it. Freedom
Old 05-25-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too Mariah

Friday here - In

D
Old 05-25-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Great work Mariah and Obo. You're totally on it!

I'm in for the Bargain too,

"Ain't nothin gonna stop us now"
Old 05-26-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I'm in for the bargain too.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm in....have a great day all
Old 05-26-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

It has been a fabulous day today. I had a free day, and met up with my ex-colleague (now hopefully a friend). We went surfing. I had a body board, she had a proper surf board. What a great feeling riding the waves, I loved it. My cheap wet suit worked surprisingly well - it's a bit big for me, so there was a bit of sloshing going on

It's possible that I cramped her style somewhat - especially when I put the fins on and found that I couldn't take more than two steps without falling over.
She's a bit of a pro, can stand up on her board and do that wave cruising thing they do.

So definitely a successful maiden voyage for my wet suit. It was such a tonic. I'm hooked!

Hope everyone's doing well.

How's it going Tops?
Old 05-26-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

That's awesome Free!! Treat yourself to a new bathing suit

Early am for me in the morning to go with work crew to be in the parade. Not my thing at all & im doing it with a smile on my face but will be glad when it's over by noon tomorrow. Will be fun with our residents The last time I was in this parade in home town I was about 7 years old & rode with the queen & princess & ended up with a bloody nose which didn't go well on the white gloves & left the parade like that. No wonder I have social anxiety if you had told me a year ago ide be in the parade I wouldn't have believed you. Noon tomorrow I will be grabbing my river chair & finding an nice spot away from the madness.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

.....definitely a successful maiden voyage for my wet suit. It was such a tonic. I'm hooked!

Hope everyone's doing well.

How's it going Tops?
What a blast Freein !?!

How close are you to the surf ?
......I'd imagine a wet suit changes everything now .

This area is not known for great waves, but the avid local surfers never seem to miss the good surf(able) waves ,....esp. when storms are passing way offshore creating the nice 6 footers .

I had my hand surgery Monday and will be in this soft cast and sling until next Thursday. Thankfully , I am going into work Sat. night thru Tues night on a limited ( as can-do ) basis.

My MRI showed a fractured bone in the L knee , ( which is healing ) ,...but they may have to patch a few ( cartilage, tendon, ligament , ..soft tissue ?? )tears in there ..
I ( intentionally ) try not to get too involved with the particulars !??

,.... so everything is pretty darn good ! ..cooking , prepping , etc one handed is new ,...for sure.

...as is peckin' along on this keyboard .,,, lo

Don't ya just love sobriety !?? ...handling a bit of adversity is only challenging ,...never overwhelming .
Old 05-26-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Sounds like it'll be more fun this time out Mariah !

Dollars to doughnuts you're the only one of our group that's been in a parade,...no ,...TWO parades now !

Old 05-27-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hope the parade goes well Mariah - sounds like you'll have fun anyway. Is it a yearly festival?

Tops, we live about half hour drive from the coast, in Cornwall, the far southwest of England, there's lots of water about (both in the ocean and falling from the sky!).
So it's really not too far - it's shameful that I've not made time to enjoy the sea more (but in my defence ....It's always been bit on the cold side.....but that all changes now with my illfitting wetsuit).

How's the skiff?

Happy weekend all.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Tops, will your hand be incapacitated for long, or will you be able to use it soon after the cast comes off Thursday? That'll be amazing if it's that quick - I hope it is.

Hmm, trying to cook one handed must be a challenge. Keeping things from moving about would be tricky. Potentially quite messy too. This is definitely a great opportunity for innovation, and you are the king of innovation! Seriously though, do you have a bit of help there at the moment?

You've dealt with this adversity incredibly well Tops, you're very inspiring. I hope it's not long before you're firing on all cylinders again.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Yes too true. Tops you have been a champion through your accident. Solid and brave. I can't remember you whinging about it.....

Now if that had have been me.....
Old 05-27-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Obo, ....well, there's been plenty of convo inside my head the past 3 months that's not terribly positive , ..... trying my best to "live in the moment " more when all that gets started . Reading and using the AVRT info seems to help keep things in a better prospective .
That's all down in the "Secular Connections " section here at sober recovery.

Freein ,...Cornwall county looks like the best place to live in the U.K !

Cornwall is a county on England’s rugged southwestern tip. It forms a peninsula encompassing wild moorland and hundreds of sandy beaches, culminating at the promontory Land’s End. The south coast, dubbed the Cornish Riviera, is home to picturesque harbour villages such as Fowey and Falmouth. The north coast is lined with towering cliffs and seaside resorts like Newquay, known for surfing.

I just spent an hour looking at several websites .

Never realized y'all had so many beautiful sandy beaches !?

Our Guide to Newquay, North Cornwall ? Holiday Cottages in Cornwall with Cornish Cottage Holidays

Not sure how long this hand will take with the physical therapy stuff they have lined up, but just getting the soft cast off will allow me to get back outside ( normally 32-33 C days here )and sweat a little . Have been avoiding that ,...because I don't want this fabric getting all dirty and gross . hahahahehehaha

My daughters mom came down from Tenn. to drive me back from the Ga. hospital ,and help out cooking ..but she had to leave a couple days ago to get back to work.

I'm headed back to work tonight ,... (my Sat thru Tues. evening 4 day schedule )

Mariah ,.... I trust your second parade wasn't as bloody and traumatic as the first !?