Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 4

Old 03-16-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi PhoenixJ ...

Hi dee.. I understand... it wasn't selling anything just had the brand in the title. .. but no worries! It was really the best brownies ever...and I've made tonnes!!!
Google the brand name and chocolate flavour and the world brownies and u can see... many versions come up but that was tops!!!

Made 3 this week for people
Old 03-16-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Anyhow... confession time. .. I've been keeping this from you all....day 78 here, but a big test coming up, another field trip. ...this time to Italy, again organised by me, again I'm he ticket holder and booked everything so not going is not an option. .. but the other staff member going is a party animal and thinks I'm going to drink with him...
The confession is that I have kept it to myself and not shared my worry and was toying with the idea of drinking. The sun, cold beer, volcano.... just one right???? Arghhhhh... it's been gnawing away at me for days.....
My mind is a fertile see saw and after the horrid downer of the last weeks I've been tempted. Lots... but I'm here to confess so I have the best chance of staying sober... which the rationalml part of me wants to of course but the devil in me is already licking it's lips...
Oh yeah, and we have lunch at a wine farm. With fee wine.... my students can't drink so I will have to stick to the rules and just ride his disappointment. I needed another staff member to go and he was willing, thinking we were going to have a few beers .... hoop he's not too pissed off..
Sorry for hiding from you all and that was the devil making its plans. ...

If I don't come back it's coz i gave in and am too ashamed to talk to u all again.

But hopefully I will .... yeah ♡♡♡♡♡
Old 03-16-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there Enfin!

I am Dealing with a heavy dose of garbage regarding daughter-in-law's addiction etc. Not thinking about drinking over it except memories of looking for a solution to my worries in the bottom of a beer bottle! Sigh.......

Surely things will get better for her (and us)......

Later Peeps!
Old 03-16-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

If people want the link they can PM you enfin - thats fine

Regarding your trip, I'd tell party animal you're not drinking anymore.

Easier to do that now than with a glass of booze thumped down in front of you.
D
Old 03-16-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers/best wishes for you and your family Quitter.

D
Old 03-16-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Enfin- 2 things. The time you NEED to check in is when stuff is crap. This place, as meetings, therapy- anything is not a woo-hoo hugs all around 'cos we made it place. There are moments of that- BUT these supports are to do that -support us when we want to hide away. Shame is a pointless thing. Turn it around and learn from it.
By saying the shame bit- is that you convincing yourself already that you will drink?
Old 03-16-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Enfin -- you did good to tell us about your drinking thoughts. Lemme tell you I fantasize about it pretty regularly.

I think telling us about it is probably the best thing you could have done to prepare yourself to stay sober. Clearly some part of you DOES want to avoid drinking or you wouldn't have posted here. Like Dee said, probably a good idea to tell that other staff member now that you're committed to staying sober. When do you leave? Can you check in with us while you're there?

I'm not in a great head space tonight. Feeling ungrateful and resentful of my station in life. Been grieving the loss of my ex-boyfriend, who died in November, more this week. Envious of my brother, for whom it seems everything has always fallen right into place. I HATE feeling like this. It's like the emotional equivalent of sticking your hand in the toilet. I know I have plenty to be grateful for, but I'm not feeling it so much.

I need to make big changes. I have to lose weight, for one. Quite a bit.

But I AM grateful to be sober, and grateful, truly, for all of you.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the morning brings a fresh start for you MeSo

D
Old 03-17-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Quick check in for me.

Had a bit of a disaster on my way home today. Stuck the key in the car ignition and blam, nothing. Not even a splutter! A bit of googling suggested taking one of the fuses out (it must have been for the immobilizer), waiting 10 mins and putting it back in. It fired up straight away! Hopefully its not a recurring issue. Happy days!

Happy St Paddy's day all
Old 03-17-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it worked BBB
Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 03-18-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Taking my stepdaughter for a walk-in appt. to an inpatient drug rehab facility next Thursday. Only a 2-3 week lead time to get a bed for a 21-30 day stay. I hope she is serious this time at 34 years old! She has really made a mess of her life lately.

Hoping for the best for her and her kids!

I am just staying busy in my garage as usual no desire to drink so feeling pretty good considering all the family stuff we are dealing with.

Hang in there and let's be the best we can be!
Old 03-18-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hoping the best for them too Quitter.

D
Old 03-18-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hoping the best for them too Quitter.

D
Thanks Dee!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I hope things go well wih your daughter in law quitter.

I'm glad you said Enfin. I agree to tell your colleague now. The brain can indeed be sneaky and devious, being honest takes the power away from it somewhat as it gives some form of accountability. I know some times in the past I have made the decision to drink way before I'd even admitted it to myself.

Hope you're ok MSS. I've struggled a lot with resentful, stuck in my life feelings in the past and present. Wish I knew any quick fixes, I've tried daily gratitudes before but never really 'felt' them. One thing that has helped is meditation. I do an app Headspace, which is only 10 minutes a day and in a little way it is helping me see that life constantly changes. I'm more accepting of that I can't change and open to focusing energy where I can.

Survived St Patrick's sober. Living in Ireland this is a huge accomplishment for me I'm having random sure make 100 days and you'll be'cured' thoughts. Milestones are always a dodgy time for me judging by the past, have to up my sober game.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

good one capri
Old 03-19-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, everyone. It has been awhile but, everything is going well. I have been busy getting some spring cleaning done. Had some car trouble but, got it fixed. So much to do now that the snow has melted and the yardwork begins. Just checking in to let everyone know that I am stll in class!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello everyone

Just popping in to say all is well with me. I took today off work and to be completely honest, have done very little except play playstation and go grocery shopping! I'm off out to play Squash a bit later though. Its been years since I played, but my recollection tells me its a pretty fun game, and a darn good workout.

I'm finding the exercise is really helping me with not drinking. Whether its the cycling, football or squash. I love the football in particular as I enjoy the competitiveness. Would highly recommend it to those who are feeling permanently lethargic, as I used to!
Old 03-21-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I've been slacking on checking in...somehow managed to mess up my laptop...had to plug it into router to work...so now it's in a different spot..not very convenient to access. Hate using my tablet. Anyway....all is well. Except for sleep. Forgot babies want to eat soooo much! Don't know how I managed with my children...especially drinking! Couldn't possibly manage a baby & booze now. No desires to drink. Just too busy with appts or napping when baby naps. Getting close to 3 months-pretty sure I'm on day 89. I have an app for that but it's on my tablet. Brain might be a little foggy with adding up days!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

I'll try again to get back in here, miss reading through the class posts & the forum...just so much to do in my little nuggets of free time! ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello Decemberites

Happy to hear all is going fine Pebbles.
I hope you can sleep between to milk bottles serving.
Congrats for your 3 months! (it’s today in my class agenda)

I’m doing good but it’s still bumpy here and there.
I’ve quit smoking at the same time I’ve stopped drinking in December.
I was using nicotine patches but they are finished since 2 weeks now.
The 12 weeks program is over.

I find myself pretty grumpy without any nicotine.
It affects me more than stopping alcool presently.
Tobacco is a powerful drug too.
I use the AVTR for my cigarettes cravings and it works.
Nice!

Enfin , I hope you made it Friday night.
Good to see BBB, Capricallia, Quitter, MeSoSober and Chloe are still in the class!

Take care – big koala hug to all of you
Old 03-21-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Still doing well here, no desires to drink lately.

I am taking 34 year old stepdaughter to a drug rehab facility Thursday to try and get her on the list for inpatient rehab, about a 2-3 week wait. We may have to move her back home with us to assist in picking up the pieces and getting her son (grandson) back. A bit reluctant as we did this whole scenario 5 years ago when they were trying to take her kids and after it was all over she left cussing us and went back to her old habits. She will have to be willing to do the work this time but she has absolutely NO viable place left to go. This could go badly or not..... time will tell.

I guess I posted most of this a few days ago but it's stressing me out and on my mind.