Notices

Class of March 2016 part 43

Old 03-10-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pelagic - sorry about your loss. Please stick close. We're here for you.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So sorry Pelagic!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Pelagic- my empathy and support to you. Please remember such times are triggers for intense emotions and drinking (at least it was for me). Stay safe and look after you.

Sam- hi. The feeling of disconnection to emotions is one I seem to struggle with. I think for me it is because I am still learning what natural emotions feel like. When actively drinking- every emotion- be them good or bad, were intense. Without booze- they seem at times almost 'boring'. Poor old 'bod takes a long time to heal from burns- so does the mind from so much destruction caused by my drinking.. That is the hard work for me now. I try to remind myself it is okay and mindful patience is a must.

Hi CH, I am okay thanks. Doing a lot of soul searching and have worked out what many of my emotional pathways were due to various milestone events in the past- and am working out what to do with this info.

Hi B, I hope you are well and am thinking of you and your son.
Hello to everybodee elses.
0838, Saturday morning. The final 'mad March' event this (here) long weekend. The 3 day international music festival 'Womad'. The Festival of Arts is still on, plus the fringe. The rev head national car racey thing was last weekend.
Have a good nighaftorning all.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Pelagic)))

Hello everyone ~ Friday evening here, and a sober one at that! Thank goodness! Got some chocolate milk too! So glad to be here with you guys

Thanks Dee for the new thread and for suggesting AVRT...I found a website and now it's time for Purp to do some more homework!
Old 03-10-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi gang. Home and about to chow some dinner (I discovered my local Chinese restaurant has a Thai style chicken dish...similar to pad Thai, but not quite. Still good!). I picked up some boxes to start packs by stuff that will need to be moved for painting.. Haven't lined anyone up yet, but this might help get me in the head space to try and coordinate that. I'll be hanging around all night. Hope some of you are here to keep me company
Old 03-10-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just got back from shopping. I was good mum! I did not buy any triple choc biscuits or ANZAC biscuits. I then decided to treat myself to a triple shot latte with 3 sugars- which would have been more deadly and expensive than all the cookies combined. So instead I bought some Twinings 'Assam' tea. Strong and bitter. They also sell iced coffee- in the same disposable containers hot coffee is served in, double the price. I noticed the supermarket (in the main city street/mall- 2 levels) had on the ground floor- only expensive take-a-way stuff, already prepared meals, cookies, chips etc. The stuff like fruit/veg way at the back in the basement.
Lamb has skyrocketed in price- nearly $25kg. Interesting coming from a country that got rich 'riding on the sheeps back'- wool and meat.
Chicken - I bought pieces to roast/stir fry/pasta with at $6.50kg. A whole chicken for roasting is $3.50 kg. But I do not have a roasting dish and the logistics of doing that is a bit too silly. Got me thinking. The cheapest and healthiest mince is turkey mince at $9.00kg. Off to cook- got the essentials- crushed garlic (the fresh stuff was way too dried out). and ginger.
BTW
Soul searching last night I worked out a lot of stuff, wrote some miserable poetry with a depressing artscape behind it- cathartic. I am a born again emo.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just finished watching Moonlight. It was good, I liked it. But it's not the first Oscar winner I didn't fall in love with. It was well done, but not my favorite style of story telling. I really wanted to watch Fences tonight, but it's only available for purchase (not rent) on demand. And I didn't want to risk leaving the house, since I was feeling a little antsy. And it's COLD out. Now that the movie is done, I'm getting sleepy. So, I'm in bed, will read for a bit and go to bed early. I can't stop yawning, so reading may be very brief!

Catch you later, gators.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good night all! I'm about to hop in the shower then watch a little more of the OA, some Netflix originals show I started watching. I'm not sure what the heck is going on in it yet but it's definitely caught my interest.

Yay for going to bed sober this nice Friday night and I just realized the pesky hag never reared her ugly head today, no wonder it's been so peaceful!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, guys!

Have a great day down under.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Had a very nice Friday, but now wide awake at 1:30am. Figured this was a good place to pass the time.

Pelagic, very sorry for your loss. Stick around.

Sam, no question about the anger and depression. Tough therapy session sounds like progress to me.

I'm gonna go read some of the other threads around here - it's been a while since I've done that.

Sweet dreams!
Old 03-11-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Morning friends. Sitting here on a quiet Saturday morning with Charlie and some tea. (just plain old black tea PJ)

Yesterday DH and I went and saw the new Logan movie...it was good although a little gory. Today we are heading to the market and then I need to buy some new running shoes...should be low key and I am a-okay with that.

Hope you're all doing well...seems quiet in here. Check in if you haven't in a while!! ❤❤
Old 03-11-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Back up now - morning to all.

Sometimes it's just a restless night, but it's Saturday!!

I'm off from work for the next 5 days. I'm looking forward to the break, but the lack of structure is always a little tough for me. I've planned a few things to keep me busy and honest.

Have a great day class!
Old 03-11-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday!!!
Old 03-11-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I just made up 3L of iced tea. Black tea with green tea. Not at all bad- very cold. No sugar and much cheaper.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just checkin' in gang. Sippin' startin' fluid plotting my day.

I seem to have the blah's again this morning and all foggy brained. I'm on day 11 and 3 weeks has been my downfall for the last year!!! Gotta' be vigilant. I think I'll watch some relapse videos on YouTube and maybe even write a relapse prevention article!
Old 03-11-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

That sounds yummy PJ - yesterday I went to the tea store and bought two new mugs (hangs head in shame) and some peach Matcha. I can't wait for ice tea season to start here! ��

MITA - I have much of the same coming up...12 days off starting Thursday...going to spend some time today planning some things to do and keep me out of trouble.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning Bobbie!! (my phone always wants to auto-correct your name to Bonnie lol)

BBG - those sound like great plans!! Do you enjoy writing? That's so cool.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

PJ I love iced tea but I always sweeten it. I drink it year round with meals. (I'm Southern!)

Sam you deserve a vacation. I've always thought you worked to much!!!
Old 03-11-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I agree BBG. Lol. Sadly I'm not good at vacations...it was vacation this time last year that led me to SR. That's about to change though.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

BBG- in the South- sipping iced tea. Images of Scarlet and gentle folk taking in the cool summer evening breeze on the front porch.