Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 50

Old 03-16-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ugh! Poor kitty and poor you! At one time I had 2 aging scotties at the same time, there were times I felt like I was running a nursing home with all the different medications I had to administer.

Babs, it's always hard to say goodbye when our furry visitors have to return home - I bet he'll miss you too.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get it under control reasonably quickly Sass

D
Old 03-16-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I had lunch with my dad today and he asked me if with all of this stress I had the desire to drink. My answer was not at all. In all of this, I literally have no desire to turn to alcohol. One, I need to have a clear head, but it's not just that, it's that there really are no cravings. I'd rather come home and walk my dogs and take a warm bath than have a drink. It hasn't even occurred to me to turn to alcohol through any of this. I guess it's official - I'm a non-drinker
Old 03-17-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That's great, Duff! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to go through something difficult and not be white knuckling or slipping.

Hi PJ, how are you doing?

Babs, sorry the Sheltie has to go back - our four-footed friends grow on us so quickly.

Gilmer, congrats!
Old 03-17-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That's brilliant Duff, it's amazing how easily we find alternative -and responsible - coping mechanisms when we stop our addictive thinking and allow ourselves to accept our emotions. It is so much easier to cope with things than we realized. How much wasted energy we expended hiding rather than dealing! Well done! How is your dad doing these days? Are he and your mom reconciled now?

Sass poor you and Sassy kitty, I hope the virus is under control soon X

Gilmer I love those old horror films!

Hi Dee

Hugs all x
Old 03-17-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Sassy, I am okay thank you.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sass!

Poor kitty! Poor you having to wrestle her and her fangs down to administer medicine! I hope it brings her some relief. Will she be on it continually for the rest of her life?
Old 03-17-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

How To Give Your Cat A Pill (Humorous)

1)**Pick up cat and cradle it in the crock of your left arm as if holding a baby.**Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of the cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand.**As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth.**Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.**

2)**Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa.**Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3)**Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4)**Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm while holding rear paws tightly with left hand** Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger.**Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5)**Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe.**Retrieve spouse from outside.

6)**Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees.**Hold front and rear paws.**Ignore low growls emitted by**cat.**Get spouse to hold hear firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth.**Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.**

7)**Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap.**Make note buy new ruler and repair curtains.**Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8)**Wrap cat i large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible form below armpit.**Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9)**Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans.**Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10)**Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed.**Get another pill.**Open another beer.**Place cat in cupboard and close door on neck to leave head showing.**Force mouth open with dessert spoon.**Flick pill down throat with elastic band.**

11)**Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges.**Apply cold compress to cheek and check record for date of last tetanus shot.**Apply bactine compress to cheek to disinfect.**Throw shirt away and fetch new on from bedroom.**

12)**Call fire department to retrieve cat from across the road.**Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat.**Take last pill from foil wrap.**

13)**Tie the little &#^@'s front legs to rear legs with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table.**Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed.**Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak.**Be rough about it.**Hold cat's head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.**

14)****Get spouse to drive you to the ER.**Sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye.**Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.**

15)**Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hahaha Budd! So true and I needed a good laugh today!

Toots, my parents are doing so much better - thx for asking. The shenanigans have stopped and they seem like they're in a good place. Frankly, I think they're both super focused on me and my problems right now which drives me crazy but gives them something else to focus on together.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Duff
Hi everyone - have a good weekend

D
Old 03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

You too, Dee!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee - you too!
Old 03-18-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Have a good one, Dee

Budd, that was hilarious and had me nearly rolling on the floor . Thanks!

Sassykitty is already doing better - eye no longer seeping and she is acting normally again! Today and then 3 more days of daily meds. After that we go to once every 5 days. Vet said that may be permanent though after awhile we can try to take her off and see what happens. I feel so much better now that she is behaving "normally"!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm glad, Sass!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

And she now is starting to act sassy again, yay :-)
Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yay Sassy-kitty!

Thanks for the giggles Ken!

Thats good about your folks, I guess good parents never stop worrying about their kids.

Off to see Gson play soccer today then bringing him back to ours for a couple of hours before going to daughters for tea. A nice way to spend a Sunday.

I hope you all enjoy yours.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Woohoo!

I'm now the Operations Manager at Durhamtown, the largest off-road resort in America.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
woohoo!

I'm now the operations manager at durhamtown, the largest off-road resort in america.

congratulations trach!!!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

That should be a blast, Trach! Congratulations!

It couldn't happen to a worthier guy!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Trachy