Notices

Class of March 2016 part 42

Old 02-22-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

At work already indeed BBG - yuck...lol

CH - that's really cute!! Soon it will be boys....double oy!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody!

I hope Phoenix didn't fall off the earth, being down there and all.

BBG - CH - Samantha - Good morning! Have a great day!

P.S. my son got a job. Got the call last night. Woohoo!!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Bobbie - awesome news!

Sam - she already has a boy best friend - a kid in her class for the last two years. She 'liked' him last year and told him at the end of the year. He said he liked her too, but as a friend. She took it in stride. She talks about him ALL the time.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Great news Bobbie!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Woo-hoo Bobbie!!
Old 02-22-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
A good day today. I'm now back up to 9 days, so double digits tomorrow - I wish it was double digit months, but I can't change the fact that I drank on Feb. 12th. I've been re-reading "This Naked Mind" - I like Annie Grace's approach, I guess that is the important thing.

I think my wife is a little disappointed that I've gone back to sobriety so quickly - I think maybe she was hoping I'd go back to being her drinking buddy. I'm not sure - sometimes I read too much into her behavior. Also, I can't say I'm always real nice and friendly when I'm sober and she's drinking. I'm not mean to her, but I sometimes I just don't talk to her much - mainly because I have hard time having a real conversation with her after she's had a few.

Still, I feel I'm doing well and keeping my head in the right place.

Have a great night all!! The only thing better than Hump Day is Hangover Free Hump Day
I
Totally get this MITA! My husband seems to like having a drinking buddy sometimes too. BUT....I can never be that for him again. It sucks but we have to create a new normal and figure out how to have fun together without alcohol. We are working on that. We may need the help of a counselor. On a positive note, maybe it will be more fun spending time with our spouses WITHOUT alcohol than it was WITH alcohol.

I can't say that I'm very fine when I drink. Not anymore. Those days are over. It's a new chapter. And I have faith that it's going to be a great chapter!
Old 02-22-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi favorite people! Checking in on day 12. I am going to head out to an AA meeting early to help them set up. I really like this noon meeting that I go to every week.

Bobbie that is amazing news about your son! I'm so happy!

I hope everyone has a peaceful and happy day. I truly love each and everyone of you. I wish we could all plan to meet somewhere for a sober vacation. Wouldn't that be awesome? We could meet in Hawaii or something. We could have face-to-face SR meetings and sip "startin' fluid together every morning as the sun comes up on the beach.

Anyone in?
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Mornin!
Kona coffee on an Hawaiian beach at sunrise....splendid. I say hamahamanukanukapowa to that idea!

That's great news Bobbie!

CH ~ that is such a cute age. I know a lot of people dread teenagers, but I have to say it's been my favorite ages of my girls. Teens are a lot of fun.

I'm debating whether to work at home today or go in. On the pro side of home, I have peace and quiet, no one hour commute, no getting dressed up in my monkey suit (business clothes) and I can have a homemade lunch. On the con side...the fridge is filled with beer and wine. Hmm.

I think I'll go put on the monkey suit.

Avagooday all!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi, Lillian and Kiki!

Okay, so, my daughter hired my son at the ice cream place she manages, but she told her boss of his struggles and despite my misgivings, I think it may be the best thing for him. I think it might be weird for him that his younger sister by 7 years will be his boss, but hey.

Kiki, I'm down for Hawaii. Or Nebraska - I don't care. Would like to leave Missouri for a while. Definitely would be better with you guys.

Monkey suit sounds like a great idea, Lillian.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Bobbie, that's great news about your son. A job will be good structure for him!

Day 14 and feeling kind of meh. Need to watch it today as hubby is going out tonight with some colleagues. Trigger. Going to be a nice, spring like day here too. Trigger. Sigh. Always going to be something, right?

Love you all. Have a great day!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Aloha friends.

A mostly very chipper bunch today - LB2, I hope you manage to overcome those triggers. Play the tape forward.

Busy day for me, and I'm pretty tired. I need to find a way to work in a nap!

Things still seem a little tense on the home front, but manageable.

Enjoy the day everyone
Old 02-22-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

MITA - naps should be part of our work day. Aloha! Hope you get a burst of energy! I'm about to walk my lunch hour. A little late, but still.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

ladybug - 14 days is awesome! A little trigger won't get you! Enjoy the sunshine - and your girls.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

LB - 14 days! Whoohoo! Good for recognizing triggers.

MITA - hope you stay awake the rest of the day.

LG - Everyone has their ages they enjoy more than others. Even though the work was backbreaking, I enjoyed it when DD was bitty, and even the stressful toddler stages. Age 5-8 was NOT my favorite...even compared to the Testing Twos, Terrible Threes, and Ferocious Fours (I renamed them, lol). So far I'm enjoying the tween years

A meet up would be sweet...Hawaii even better!. I met Bobbie last summer and it was awesome.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats LB

and great news for you son Bobbie
hope all the Marchers are doing well
Old 02-22-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello M's.
B- silly girl, how can I fall off the planet when I am on top of it? You poor thing- you slid off the top.. Good for your son, here's hoping.
S- h-ache persisted. Made myself go to a meeting hoping that may help in some ethereal way-nope. It was all nice- at meeting close, a guy got his 12 months up spent a long, long time thanking every atom in the universe for his sobriety. A long, long, long time. In tears, gulping breath. In the end a grumpy old sod asked time to wind up. A meeting in the hills- so a drive for most. 30 minutes he loved and thanked the universe. So- got back, had something to eat, fell asleep at midnight and only now, 0900 Thursday- woke up. Head ache seems to have lessened. Stupid head.
Instead of Hawaii, how about Alcatraz?
Old 02-22-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wow, it's great to see this thread so busy!

I am in for the reunion....just lemme know when & where

Well the blues show that I'm going to is coming up in less than a month.....I had been debating on whether to take the next day off, but we all know how that would end up. Turns out our auditor at work is scheduled for that day so we wouldn't be able to request off anyway....that really helps quiet down the AV.....I even told my friend I'm gonna have to behave that day & she said "We can still have fun"

Now I'm getting nervous......gonna see one of my favorite rock stars and I don't have anything to wear!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Check out what I just found online.....I am such a dork!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 02-22-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

LOL Dee! :