Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-20-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Why the sad face mack?
Just feeling hopeless. How many mistakes must be made until it sticks that alcohol (poison) is unnecessary in my life.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

This is scary

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few days, trying to get up the courage to a) stop drinking and b) join you all. Today is Day 2. I'm struggling, but doing my darndest to not drink.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by queenofheartz09 View Post
Happy Monday! I hope everyone has a fabulous day. It's snowing where I live today which is nice because it gives me more of a reason to have a nice relaxing in day
Snow would be nice to see. So clean and refreshing, initially. Thank you for sharing the visual
Old 02-20-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mack215 View Post
Just feeling hopeless. How many mistakes must be made until it sticks that alcohol (poison) is unnecessary in my life.
It's an elevator ride, that we can choose to get off of at any point... I am glad you are here, I can completely relate to your feelings. Here is my first post on SR if it helps.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ck-bottom.html
Old 02-20-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hello and WELCOME Sadie!!!
Old 02-20-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mack and sadie and queenofhearts

Try and not be too discouraged if you drank again guys - you've shown that you can be sober - now you need to show that you can stay sober...

you've left the surface of Planet Addiction, now you just need to escape it's gravitational pull

Think about what more you could do for your recovery - more support? more changes in your life? using the support you have more effectively?

Don't be afraid to do whatever it takes - you'll get back what you put into your recovery

D
Old 02-20-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Welcome Mack and Queenofhearts and Sadie. Glad you are all here! Just take it one day at a time.
Sorry you drank, Millie. I know how awful that feels, to be on the right track and going good and full of hope and then bam, back to the start. I hope you pick right up and keep going!
A very nice lady at my meeting tonight asked me to go with her to another meeting. Made me feel great, I have the worst problem with feeling unaccepted. It's just part of who I am right now, and I know that, but it still feels bad. I couldn't go, I was starving and really needed to come home and get something to eat and get some rest. Still, it made me feel good that someone would do that.
Plus, I was having drinking thoughts again, and it helped me to firm up my resolve. I felt like I had won some sort of great prize when I arrived at my door tonight without any alcohol. I can't wait until that gets better. I want to get so that it doesn't occur to me to drink. I know that will happen if I keep working toward it and don't drink!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
HFA

Hey everyone, im going to join you. Ive joined a few groups over my years. One stuck for a couple years and I stayed sober. But it didnt last. Last couple years have not been good. Ive been drinking couple times a month to the point of blacking out.
I went to the doctor today hoping to get some naltroxone, but that didnt work out. I did however, find out I have EXTREMELY high blood pressure and sleeping issue, as well as being way more overweight then before. He put me on hypertension medication.
He told me If I dont stop drinking, get a sleep test and get some good sleep, lose weight and get my blood pressure under control, I would be dead within a year.

So here I am at day one again. I dont want anymore day ones, but I do want more then 365 days.

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
Curious February class - what are YOU doing to assist in your recovery? AA, Smart, CR, AVRT? I realize it's early one and most of us are just trying to not drink right now. I'm curious about your long term plans for when your AV starts screaming?
I am going to SMART once or twice a week in person and doing some online SMART
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

you've left the surface of Planet Addiction, now you just need to escape it's gravitational pull
thanks I really like that saying! so far I've had no cravings but I know the gravitation pull will come back but I'm ready to leave it far behind
Old 02-20-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Snow would be nice to see. So clean and refreshing, initially. Thank you for sharing the visual
I will admit it was nice and calming. It didn't stick so thats a bonus as well! Cant wait for the summer to come though
Old 02-20-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi all ~ I hope it's ok to join this class. <<<waving to everyone>>>

Not my first rodeo, but I would like to try again. It's gonna be wonderful to be sober for life.

Look forward to getting to know you all!
Lillian
Old 02-20-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

HFA and Lillian

Welcome!!! Happy to have you and looking forward to getting to know you. We got this. .... together.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

BTDT many times. Just wanted you to know you're not alone. Stick with us and figure out what you need to do. AA, SMART, CR, AVRT. There are many options and you don't have to go it alone.

And welcome to all who've joined!
  # 135 (permalink)  

Passed a tough test tonight... the guys I play basketball with, and usually go out with after, asked me to come out tonight. Came home instead. Feel a bit cheated since they are normal drinkers, but it is waaaaay too early for me to be in a bar. So American Ninja Warrior and pizza it is.
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome HFA and Lillian

D
Old 02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post

Not my first rodeo, but I would like to try again. It's gonna be wonderful to be sober for life.

Lillian
Welcome! It will be wonderful to be sober for life!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post

Lillian
(Well, you already know me ).
Welcome back my darling!
Could not be happier to see you.

Sorry to jump in guys ~ a HUGE welcome to every single one of you.
I joined SR and a class thread, and I am incredibly glad I did.
The February 13 class thread kind of saved my life.

Being able to support each other on this journey is one of the very best parts of it. There is always someone to talk to, and share with who understands and cares.

Sending you all SO much love, and thank you for becoming a part of this incredible community.

Onward together!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thank you all who responded! Thoughts and cravings ran through my head, even after an workout that felt very abnormal due to latent effects from the weekend. Such a peculiar thing addiction is.....we burn our hand on a stove and learn to never do it again except the occasional accident. Ive burned myself so many times through drinking yet here i am.....oh society...
Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi mack215,
When I feel this way....and I do a lot.....I think of my favorite Anne Frank quote and it makes me feel better. I hope it doesn't come across cliché. Keep looking at the road ahead.

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" - Anne Frank