Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 212

Old 02-18-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Just checking in for a bit before bed. We had a great day, we are down just a little bit. If I had walked away from the roulette table when I was back to even we would have benn, but I pusebed my luck,and the house won.

We went to the buffet at The Paris for dinner, and ick's brother treated, which was really nice, and the cinch was incredible.

My feet and my knees are killing me, I walked over ten mikes today, and although my boots are fairly comfortable for walking, they are not meant for that much walking!!

The group I was with today were all drinking, but nobody really drank much. I worried a little earlier that I might feel left out, or wish I was drinking as well, and that didn't happen. Sadly there were many reminders today about what alcohol, and I am fairly sure drugs in a few cases can do to you. I am glad that I no longer feel the need to have alcohol in my life.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Glad you and Nick are having a lovely time Delilah.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
NGB- detox in isolation is unsafe. Physically- obvious. Emotionally because of isolation and all the bad stuff in your head. You need to see a doctor and get professional day to day support.
Take care, keep posting. Only you can change you. We can help.
I know, I knew, it wasn't a good idea. I'd come to the end. People talk about rock bottom but I've never truly understood it. On my knees in the rain that day, something clicked which I should have understood from the beginning.

I've always 'done' sobriety / detox alas an expectation from others and to keep them happy, never for myself. I now have the strength to do this and im hugely proud of what I've achieved, I'm clean, sober, working again and blessed to have the things I do. I've been seeing my children lots. Taking my eldest son to our first football match at the stadium, rugby training, Sunday dinners cooked at home, all things that passed me by because of my selfish and self destructive behaviour.

I'm incredibly lucky. More than I can put into words.

And of course I wouldn't advocate my approach to detox to anyone under any circumstances... for me, at that time, it seemed the only option. To be honest. I'd tried many things, but the fluffy medicated detox at home route didn't work for me. I needed to fully understand the implications of my actions and take control back..

I'm turning my life around little by little, day by day. If I can help inspire others, then it inspires me too.

I got this, on my own terms, for myself. Because my addiction took me away from myself, I didn't know who I was anymore. Turns out, I'm quite a nice person!

Peace and love
NGB
Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Be careful S. Stay safe and do not take any risks. Ta for the share. How are the sheep (?).
Old 02-18-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

^^^ Not sure who that was to PJ love....me? Perhaps not.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
I know, I knew, it wasn't a good idea. I'd come to the end. People talk about rock bottom but I've never truly understood it. On my knees in the rain that day, something clicked which I should have understood from the beginning.

I've always 'done' sobriety / detox alas an expectation from others and to keep them happy, never for myself. I now have the strength to do this and im hugely proud of what I've achieved, I'm clean, sober, working again and blessed to have the things I do. I've been seeing my children lots. Taking my eldest son to our first football match at the stadium, rugby training, Sunday dinners cooked at home, all things that passed me by because of my selfish and self destructive behaviour.

I'm incredibly lucky. More than I can put into words.

And of course I wouldn't advocate my approach to detox to anyone under any circumstances... for me, at that time, it seemed the only option. To be honest. I'd tried many things, but the fluffy medicated detox at home route didn't work for me. I needed to fully understand the implications of my actions and take control back..

I'm turning my life around little by little, day by day. If I can help inspire others, then it inspires me too.

I got this, on my own terms, for myself. Because my addiction took me away from myself, I didn't know who I was anymore. Turns out, I'm quite a nice person!

Peace and love
NGB
Indeed, you are a lovely person.

So very glad to hear that you are doing this for you, and getting to see some of the amazing things that sobriety can bring to our lives. It just keeps getting better ~ I still can't believe how my life has changed, and how I have changed.

Loving that you are spending time with your kids, and enjoying being a great dad.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Checking in at 5:18 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

10:45am...24 more please...Love to All..
Old 02-18-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

5:45 am from Gainesville, Fl...Checking in for another 24. I'm 8 months sober today!!! Thanks to everyone on SR for all your support.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

got mixed up with my brain thoughts, good advice for all.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:00 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

^^^ It may have been me that was mixed up....I was going to answer, but didn't want to presume.

Not nearly enough sheep.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gatorman View Post
5:45 am from Gainesville, Fl...Checking in for another 24. I'm 8 months sober today!!! Thanks to everyone on SR for all your support.
A big CONGRATS again! SO happy for you gatorman!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
10:45am...24 more please...Love to All..
How are you this morning love?
Old 02-18-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Will the real mixed up person, please stand up! and can I get another 24 hours please?
Old 02-18-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:31 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Day 64, 72 years old today. New right knee 4 days old. If I knew I was going to last this long I would've taken better care of myself! Good vibes to all who are here.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest heyfly!
Old 02-18-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 02-18-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning 24s I'm ALL in.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone!!

This will be my last check-in for awhile as I'm going on vacation and internet will be very sketchy. I'll read along when able and will be cheering each of you on in spirit! I'll miss this fine group - keep on doing this beautiful thing called Sobriety & Recovery..... See you next month!

Hugs, peace, strength, & love to all....xxxx
Old 02-18-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Good morning 24s I'm ALL in.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone!!

This will be my last check-in for awhile as I'm going on vacation and internet will be very sketchy. I'll read along when able and will be cheering each of you on in spirit! I'll miss this fine group - keep on doing this beautiful thing called Sobriety & Recovery..... See you next month!

Hugs, peace, strength, & love to all....xxxx
Take care Bandi, have a good one