Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-08-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Counting from the first day that I didn't drink, today is day 30 : I'm still conflicted on whether I should count that way or count full completed 24 hour periods, which would make 30 tomorrow. I'm worried about doing it "right" because I want to be completely honest, if you know what I mean. I don't want to claim 30 if I haven't done 30. In my mind, you don't wait to celebrate the day of your birth until you've completed the day so it's okay to celebrate 30 days on the day rather than after you've completed it but clearly - because I keep bringing it up - I'm not sure of my feelings.

BUT 30 DAYS!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats DBTD!

D
Old 02-08-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Im just going to call it......... its 30 days!!!! Good job mate!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Morning all. DBTD. 30 looks great on you. Congrats.

Quick check-in before work. Captain Obvious Observation #456 - life can be enjoyable, but it is also hard at times...very hard at times. Hell of a lot harder while drinking though. More cuts at work and some dire financials for the company this year. Several co-workers axed. Time to polish resume (or, CV as you call it over the pond), and push through today. Grateful to wake up this morning without the pain of a hangover.

Reading through posts related to dating.... Dee, we may need another thread for that subject. . Cass, good luck on your meet-up this weekend and sober conversation. Any man worth meeting will respect you for not drinking....just saying.

Personally, I am taking a self-imposed break from dating. Did more than my share after divorced, and just need to focus on me and my early sobriety. I need to figure out who the hell I am sober, before I get into a relationship. Do miss it though....sigh. Double edged sword.

Onward and upward class. Congrats on another 24. CW.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. Day 13 here. Just catching up on all your posts.
Michael66 day 40, Cassandralee day 27, JackDsMissus and dontlookbacchus on day 39. Well done to all. X
dontburntheday, congratulations on day 30. Hope things get better with your daughter. X
Ina, hope your eye is getting better. X
Trees, Well done on getting back up and continuing on your journey. I also slipped up at the beginning of January and am so happy to be back. Glad you joined the Febuary class. I am also still with my November 2016 class as I think it's important to have all the support you can get.
CW, sorry about the cutbacks at work. It must be a stressful time. Stay strong. Xx
Mentium, I don't like January either. Think it's the bad weather and the lack of sunshine. But spring will be here soon. X
Have a great day everyone. Xx
Old 02-08-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I used to address people individually, then, what if I Missed someone?
What if I was the person was missed?
How would I feel?
I'm too worried about an other people think of me.
Why do I want to be loved so much?
Offmyeffingheadrecovery.com.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Sorry, is not my intention to miss anybody. I had just gone through the post that were on the forum since I last posted. Not mentioning somebody is not a reflection on what I think of individuals. On the contrary, I am proud of all my online family and think that everyone is doing such a great job. Think of you all regularly and your support means the world to me. X
Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey folks - posting a little later in the morning that usual because I'm still sick.

DBTD - congrats on day 30!!

Cass - I hope your date goes well. I also agree with the others that dating can be a bit of a minefield in recovery, but at the same time we have to live our lives. I personally plan to wait a bit, but at the same time if the right person came along and it felt right, I'd probably go for it.

Kimmy - You missed me, but I don't take it personally at all. Its nice of you to call out to those you spotted since your last post.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-08-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I think it's great when posters address people directly and understand that sometimes people get overlooked and it's not a big deal to me. I appreciate when posters take the time to do it!

Also, thanks for the comments about my daughter. We got through it and today is a new day. I hope tonight is better. I think the big takeaway from the situation is how very tired both of us are. She's in a difficult place which is tiring and parenting a teenager in such a difficult place (in addition to my own issues!) is tiring. We both would benefit by remembering that, I think.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Feel better soon StartingOver. Xx
Old 02-08-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates - day 27

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions regarding my date tomorrow night.

I've been mentally preparing myself for days now, running the scenario through my mind, and practicing my lines hahah.

So at this stage, I've decided that I'm going to order a nice Mocktail. I think I'll be happy with one or two of them. I guess the challenge for me is that I've always liked to have a drink to loosen up, so to be fully sober will be strange. But that's part of this journey, and I think I'll be strong enough to stick to my plan.

My last relationship ended a couple of months ago, however it was one of those break-ups where it was on...off....on....off. It was an emotionally abusive relationship and I drank massive amounts to cope with him.

This is my fresh start, getting my life back together and finally taking care of myself.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 21. Been a tough day, battling some triggering thoughts/cravings. I guess life happens. Heading out to a meeting, hope to find some relief there. The struggle is real.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 weeks bluedog

D
Old 02-08-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 21 days bluedog. Hope that your day got a little easier and your meeting went well. X
Old 02-08-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cassandralee View Post

This is my fresh start, getting my life back together and finally taking care of myself.
Good for you. I'm happy for you and I do think you'll be strong enough.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Day 21. Been a tough day, battling some triggering thoughts/cravings. I guess life happens. Heading out to a meeting, hope to find some relief there. The struggle is real.
Keep at it. Better days will follow rough days. I have to remind myself of that constantly. Hope things get better.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 11. One more under my belt. Had a pretty bad period of sickness today at work. Hard to hold it together when that happens. Sometimes I think everyone can see right through me. Makes me feel like a fraud sometimes.

Going to push forward ODAAT.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

All I do is eat chocolate. Im going to get fat. Sugar cravings even at day 38.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 39! The swelling in my eye is slowly going down…more of a lazy wink now, which I'm playing off as mysterious…ooooohhhhh!
Thanks for the well wishes everyone

DBTD – I’m with Whisky - 30 days!! MASSIVE congrats!

Circlewagons – Sorry to hear that your job may be in jeopardy But you’re right…situations are so much easier to navigate through when sober.

Kimmy - Tomorrow is 2 weeks!!! Woot Woot!!

CASs - Good luck on the date….sober is the new sexy!!!

Startingover - hope you start feeling better…everyone I know seems to be getting the flu of some sort lately

Bulldog - I really hope the meeting alleviated some of your stress and that the day got better.

Sparkos – Offmyeffingheadrecovery.com Hahaha I think we would all have lots of stories to contribute to that website.

Dontburn – I hope your night has gotten a little better

Emmerson - Way to go on day 11. Hope you feel better! You’re not a fraud at all…if anything you’re being your true self by staying sober!!!

Whisky – I bought 4 chocolate bars today. 4!!!!!!! Laura Secord Mint Chocolate!!!!!!! Will try to eat them responsibly….TRY being the operative word.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
All I do is eat chocolate. Im going to get fat. Sugar cravings even at day 38.
I think 38 days out is still pretty early physiologically?? so I understand the chocolate cravings. Are you at least enjoying some quality chocolate?