Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-05-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey all, Day 36 almost over. Looking forward to an early night now that I'm finally able to sleep, hope you all had a lovely weekend.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 25 and managing just fine. Minor craving yesterday when I saw someone drinking a beer at a five year old birthday party (it was weird as he was the only one drinking and it was 2 in the afternoon) but it passed pretty quickly. I am so easily reminded by my inner strength that having that first drink is never, ever worth it. Glad it's getting easier and and I hope it only continues this way.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Just been reading through some posts and so happy to see people doing well.
Emmerson1348 day 8, am45 and KatSienna day 16, bluedog97 day18, SunflowerLife day25, Lonicera day 27, StartingoverNW day 30, Stiltskin day 35, Ina123, Dontlookbacchus, JackDsMissus, CW, Cara39 all day 36. Thinking of everybody in this class. Well done to everybody. Michael66 and Mentium glad to hear your feeling better in yourselves.
DLB and Emmerson I love to-do lists too. Keeps me focused. X
Day 10 coming to an end. Much love to you all.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Recovering

Good morning everybody. It's back to work for me. Where the do the weekends go? I'm getting past the sense of 'let down' and anti-climax that came after breaking through the month barrier at the end of January. It's funny - I could see there was no good reason to feel that way, but emotions are a funny thing aren't they.

Mentium - I'm glad the gloom is starting to lift a little.

Anyway, on with the week
Old 02-05-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Morning all. Really need to put myself to bed earlier. Going to need matchsticks to keep my eyes open until coffee number 2. New week to explore our outside and inner landscape. Have a good one
Old 02-06-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think I'm on day 23, I need to go back and count the days.

It's Monday evening and I've had my soup and fresh bread rolls for dinner. I don't seem to have much of an appetite lately, except for chocolate. Just forcing down healthy food and fresh water.

I'm also in the camp of feeling anger and frustration.

I feel like, at times, my brain is in overdrive. It's just got so many thoughts and ideas swirling around. I guess there's a lot of catching up on life that my mind needs to do, now that I'm fully sober.

I hope everyone has a lovely Monday.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 30 this coming Thursday - lost track a bit, but I put that on my calendar!

Touch wood, the intense gloom I was feeling a couple of days ago has lifted considerably - thank you for the comment Michael. Waking up 'normal' is beginning to feel..er... 'normal', so the novelty is wearing off. Must remember it though because a return to waking up and immediately thinking 'ugh, not again' is simply not an option! Lay on my bed and read some long articles in sober related material last night, so it seems my concentration is slowly returning too. I hope so. The inability to even sit and watch TV without getting restless and bored (as well, weirdly, as hyper-critical of everything I see!) seems to be easing off. The idea of even sitting still long enough to get stuck into a novel has been beyond me for a good while, drinking or sober up until now.

Hope your feelings of frustration and anger lift soon to Cassandra! Good to see people getting on with it and leaving all the crap behind. No cravings here to speak of thank goodness.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

day37.
Woke up without a hangover and sober. Mondays used to be so bad. So anxious and physically ill some days, I would just call in sick. Having to change my clothes multiple times before I even left the house as they were drenched in sweat.

Those days have gone for good.

Mondays now are calm, reading my teammates posts, coffee, planning my week, deciding if I will work out or not, looking forward to making goals for the week.

Best new observation recently, is being able to fall asleep reading a kindle, pick it up the next day and be able to remember what I had read previously.

Best of luck everyone. One more day on our journey.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes, Monday were the worst

Day 27? I'm going by 1/10 as my date and counting 30 / 60 / 90 as 2/10, 3/10, 4/10 because I got caught up in making sure I was counting my days correctly. :P Looking forward to Saturday's meeting when I can pick up a chip. I've been attending this group 3X a week for 3 weeks now and only one person has kind of reached out. They have given me numbers but seem to be waiting for me to come to them - thing is, I don't know how to do that? I don't know enough about any of them to feel like anyone might be right as a sponsor but I feel that I really need to get going on the steps. Something for me to ponder, I guess.

Starting the week off caught up with my home / kid / self responsibilities and ready to make it a good one.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning. Dontburn, I get your concerns. I've been to tons of AA meetings over the years but hate reaching out and asking for help. To get a sponsor, pick someone who shares good stuff and "has what you want" and ask them. Make sure they've worked the steps.

I need to do the same. There's something holding me back.

Got IOP today. I'm also dealing with a problem with my mother's boyfriend. Facing some of these issues sober is truly a wake-up call. Got to face it this time.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Morning class. Just another manic monday....not (showing my age here with that reference). Fell asleep before game was over, and that is OK with me. Good to wake up with a clear head and memory. Last year's Super Bowl, I vaguely remember the 2nd half of the game. By the end, I somehow manged to p*ss of the woman I was dating at the time and make a total arse of myself. Liking this year's outcome a heck of a lot better.

Michael - regarding the weekends....right? Where do they go so quickly? But, I am finding that of time, in general, as I get older. ��

Good day to all. Congrats to another 24. Onward! CW.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

..wish it were sunday
that's my fun day
my do not have to run day
just....

(oh, ooo-ooo, woh)
Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Morning folks - Day 31, so 30 days sober today (the way I count, to each their own ). I'm with you guys on feeling good waking up Monday morning without a terrible hangover. I'd had some thoughts in my head friday of getting drunk and staying drunk all day Saturday before recovering on Sunday. That would be my pattern when I'd binge drink. Today is sooooooo much better than it would've been if I'd pursued that idea.

I'm beginning to wonder if I get more depressed on cloudy overcast days than days with some sun. This would be good to know since I live in Seattle which is a very gray city most of the year (you folks in the British Isles can understand I'm sure ).

Anyway I hope you all have a great day/night. Take care
Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hello classmates! Day 17! Mostly feeling good, though get this really low and anxious mood around evenings everyday. But I have decided to hit the gym from tomorrow in the evenings to help me deal with that. Wish me luck.

Great to read all your posts and that everyone is making an effort and getting on with it. Love and strength to all.

Hugs!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

dontburntheday, have you done anything with any of them outside of meetings? I found a few girls I'll go to lunch with after, or grab coffee with during the week - things like that. I don't know if I'll get a sponsor and if I did I don't know if it would be one of them, but it's nice to get some one on one time outside of the meetings.

Coming up on 30 days for me - the 9th will be day 30. Now that I'm settling in to things (again) I'm wondering how I ever had so much time to waste drinking? I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day! Also my cold came back, wah-wah. Oh well, no time to waste on a cold, I'm just going to power through and hope it goes away soon.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Class.
Had a moment earlier when the beast thought a bottle of wine and a half bottle of vodka would be nice. Not interested beast, stay in your cage.

Instead, I made sun-dried tomato and herb bread "mindfully". Being aware of the sensations of a simple task; the measuring out of ingredients, the aromas, the feel of kneading the dough and how my reactions to those sensations made me feel. I'm such a hippy! But it's very relaxing and comforting.

I can relate to those feelings of the initial joy of soberdom waning, but as Circlewagons said, complacency is one of our biggest challenges now.

I'm beginning to wonder if I get more depressed on cloudy overcast days than days with some sun. This would be good to know since I live in Seattle which is a very gray city most of the year (you folks in the British Isles can understand I'm sure ).
Seasonal Affected Disorder is indeed a "thing" StartingOver, caused by lack of vitamin D from not being exposed to enough sunshine. I'm sure it affects me too.

Anyhoo, glad all seem to be doing alright. I'm off to do some chanting!

Peace, Love and Strength my friends.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmy2002 View Post
Hi everybody. Just been reading through some posts and so happy to see people doing well.
Emmerson1348 day 8, am45 and KatSienna day 16, bluedog97 day18, SunflowerLife day25, Lonicera day 27, StartingoverNW day 30, Stiltskin day 35, Ina123, Dontlookbacchus, JackDsMissus, CW, Cara39 all day 36. Thinking of everybody in this class. Well done to everybody. Michael66 and Mentium glad to hear your feeling better in yourselves.
DLB and Emmerson I love to-do lists too. Keeps me focused. X
Day 10 coming to an end. Much love to you all.
Thanks Kimmy and congrats on Day 10 x

Hey all, I think I'm getting old I'm nodding off here and it's not even 8pm! Good day today, AV stayed quiet and was really busy at work. I've had so much catching up to do, it just shows that I wasn't high functioning as I thought, the truth was that everything was about to come crashing down around me.

Hope you are all having a not too tough Monday
Old 02-06-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Man, I had to fight off my AV today. Finished work early, hubby won't be home tonight and the old addictive voice tried to convince me to open a bottle of wine (I found the bottles I asked hubby to hide that his Mom sent us for Christmas.) I stood there and named out loud all of the things that alcohol took from me - the things I did ONLY because I was a drunk- the endless people I slept with, the poor decisions. I said out loud, "I am a non-drinker" like I hear in my hypnosis app and reminded myself that alcohol is not my friend. It has done absolutely NOTHING good for me in my life. Ever. Period.

If anyone follows Tommy Rosen on FB, he has an amazing live video from today about "How to deal with guilt over the time we wasted in addiction." He talks about meditation and reminds me that I must, absolutely must start meditating again. It's the only thing missing from my toolkit. I've done it before and loved it- not sure why I am resisting this time around but I don't want to resist anymore...
Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Im finding it harder and hard to post. I know i should keep honest here but after the 30 day mark i seem to slow down.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi all, Finishing off day 11. Just catching up on everybody's posts wishing you a good evening/day. Thinking of you all. Xx