SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   I Will Not Drink/Use Today Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/404175-i-will-not-drink-use-today-part-4-a.html)

Dee74 01-31-2017 01:46 PM

I Will Not Drink/Use Today Part 4

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D

tomls 01-31-2017 01:55 PM

Thank you Dee!

gleefan 01-31-2017 03:11 PM

Hi all,

Today I emailed, called, talked, met, organized, texted, planned, researched, complimented, helped, and coached. I didn't drink and don't plan to. :)

Gilmer 01-31-2017 03:16 PM

It must feel great to have used your time so well and gotten so much accomplished. Hats off to you, Glee!

Gilmer 01-31-2017 03:52 PM

Badge, BixBees, how are things going with you lately!

We're looking forward to your return, Delizadee!

courage2 01-31-2017 04:32 PM

Thx Dee. Who would have thought 4?

Good list, gleefan. High verb, you are!

I like your picture, gilmer. Pebble then grains of sand again. I can't wait!

Today I decided to quit a group I was loosely a part of, because it was bringing me down, and I had no good reason to be there. I try not to do things if I don't have a clear purpose and they're no fun. I can live without one or the other, but not both.

One of my goals for today has been not only not to drink, but to keep a sober attitude. I know I did the first, and I hope the second.

Keep those sober days coming, tomls! :)

courage2 01-31-2017 08:34 PM

Whenever anyone finds me feeling sorry for myself, will you please just put on the Ramones?

Gilmer 02-01-2017 03:41 AM

Congratulations on one whole year of sobriety, Tom!

I see that they mentioned you on the 24-hour thread. :)

courage2 02-01-2017 08:20 AM

Wowee, tom!! Congratulations!

In your honor, I won't have a drink today.
https://forum.purseblog.com/smiles/animated/*****.gif

tomls 02-01-2017 09:25 AM

It was a mistake! I'm 10/15/2016. But I love you people anyway! And I won't drink/use today!

biminiblue 02-01-2017 10:42 AM

inny innerson to this shiny new thread.

Not drinking today, along with all of you fine people.

Baby eagle still alive (online - web streaming feed.)

It's sunny and cold here, perfect walking weather. I picked up a couple nice agates yesterday at the beach. Simple sober pleasures.

Gilmer 02-01-2017 02:42 PM

I have so much affection for you guys.

Today I'm really feeling it. :)

gleefan 02-01-2017 02:46 PM

Tom - If today's not your soberversary, that's ok. Congrats on not drinking or using another day. :)

I have another set of interviews lined up for a promotion I've been gunning towards for the past several months. I have a couple of influential supporters. We shall see if what happens this time around.

Courage - Sobriety of thought comes in very handy for me when life gets very busy and there are lots of loose ends hanging. Staying in the moment, doing the next right thing, and practicing gratitude helps keep me steady.

Still packing half the house, still cleaning it as I go, still running the kids around, still working. All of this is possible because I'm still not drinking. :)

Gilmer 02-01-2017 02:57 PM

I hope you get through the month triumphantly, Glee.

When do you actually move into the new house?

It's good that other good people are recommending you for the promotion. Hope you get it with no problem.

gleefan 02-01-2017 06:23 PM

Aww, Gilmer, thanks.

We are tentatively planning to move in April. Right now we are packing half the house into a storage container to make it look tidier. We plan to have it ready to list and show in a week or two. Ideally, we hope to sell it (or secure a buyer) in March or April.

I'm not sleeping well. Nothing terrible, just the usual anxiety that I'd expect from someone who's selling their house. Usually in this situation I'd set out to blame my husband for adding to my stress. While he certainly has annoying habits, I don't need to let things I cannot control, like another person's reaction to stress, upset me.

Learning to use recovery principles to take care of myself is such a blessing!

courage2 02-01-2017 08:04 PM

Everyone seems good this evening. The Ramones did the trick for me -- I had a much more upbeat day.

Glee-- spring move sounds smart. Summer and winter would both have serious downsides I can imagine. You seem extremely on-task -- just keep starting and ending your days stress-free, and you can handle anything in the middle :)

bim, wtf, why do you do that to me? "inny innerson" -- I googled it and you know what I hit -- a post by you! Plus how are you healing?

I'm glad people like this thread :) I like you all & you help me stay sober :)

Mklove 02-01-2017 08:08 PM

Glee, selling your home is stressful, just the uncertainly alone is enough. But you will get through it and hopefully the move is a positive step!
I won't be drinking. No, I will not.

courage2 02-01-2017 08:45 PM

How are things in Boston, Mklove?

Gilmer 02-02-2017 12:42 AM

Hi, Mklove. :)

badgerden 02-02-2017 01:12 AM

Thank you Gilmer for thinking of me!! I needed that :Val004:
I just switched shifts at work, so I am now nocturnal with the graveyard shift and to celebrate my 80 days,,, 80 days!!! Can you believe it! :) I didn't think it was possible,, yeah me! Anyway to celebrate and express my extreme joy, when I get off work, I am going to bed, although I may get some online shopping done prior, and stretch my streak to 81 by not drinking!

Badge