SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/403811-class-january-2017-support-thread-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 01-23-2017 04:36 AM

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 3

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D

JackDsMissus 01-23-2017 05:00 AM

ooo am I first post :D Thanks for a new thread Dee.

Just got back from my first AA meeting. It was all ladies and based on Emotional Sobriety. Although, they made it mainly about me the newcomer which was lovely - felt really welcome. They all talked directly to me when they shared their stories. Some of the stories were really moving, I understood why there was a huge tissue box on the table.

Feel great. Like I'm really doing something different this time around. That I am active in my recovery and that this time could be the one.

ChickChick 01-23-2017 05:27 AM

Good morning. Day 2 for me again.

Fortress 01-23-2017 06:01 AM

Day 1 is done. Neat to see I have the same start date as a few of you. Let's be sober today classmates!

site1Q84 01-23-2017 06:29 AM

Thanks for the new thread Dee!
Sorry I missed so many newcomers yesterday - very happy to have you all here!

I know reading and posting here is very important to my sobriety, but taking a day off from screens yesterday was just lovely. It was raining (again) so I read an entire book and spent some time outside despite the weather. I'm off work this week so I'm going to try and spend less time at my computer and more time outside and experiencing new things. I'll still be checking in and reading everyone's posts though! Day 15 for me - I was a bit annoyed all weekend by people asking for favors, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with quitting drinking haha I realize no one knows the plans I have in my head, but Saturday was the only day it wasn't raining and I had a nice morning plan, and then people started asking for favors. I normally don't mind helping people out, but sometimes I need to just do things for me as well. I ended up helping them, but it took some precious time out of my day and it's thing they could have asked me for in advance. It's the no warning part that always bothers me, like I'm just sitting around waiting for someone to ask me to do something for them. Oh well, on to a new day!

Trees39 01-23-2017 06:41 AM

Day 10.❤️

StartingOverNW 01-23-2017 06:41 AM

Good morning folks - Day 17 for me and back to work.

Welcome to folks new and newly back - I'm really glad you're here with us. :)

wildchild69 01-23-2017 07:18 AM

On Day 8! I missed the weekend on here, so I'm trying to catch up on some threads. Good job everyone for being here and thanks for all the posts.

sobersolstice 01-23-2017 07:46 AM

Been a while since I've bagged a full week. I had some emotional bursts halfway through the week, but feeling better, though tired. The cravings are slowly dissipating and I'm turning into a go-getter; always finding something to do.

Work outside in the cold has been rough, but I'm getting it done. I'm going to resorts without drinking... Even through detox, this is way better. I'm loving it even after only a week. Even with withdrawals and confusion, I'll take it over laying in bed defecating myself trying to make it to the bathroom and throwing up.

What was I thinking? Oh yeah... I wasn't.

dontburntheday 01-23-2017 08:28 AM

Day 13!

Michael66 01-23-2017 08:37 AM

Energy crash!! )-:

Will anyone with spare energy please send it this way.

Mentium 01-23-2017 09:09 AM

A very quiet day here. The weather reflects it - still and misty north of England weather - a midwinter scene out there. After walking my dogs and lunch I messed around on the internet for a bit and then went to bed for an hour and a half - slept for an hour. And why not?

Day 12 here - for a daily drinker as I have been feels like real progress. AA tonight and another day tomorrow.

TheOwl 01-23-2017 11:51 AM

Hi everyone :) day 5 for me, been a difficult day with my mood and urges to drink but I think I'm getting through it.

TheOwl 01-23-2017 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Michael66 (Post 6303689)
Energy crash!! )-:

Will anyone with spare energy please send it this way.

I have a bit of energy to spare, you can have it :)

Michael66 01-23-2017 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by TheOwl (Post 6303877)
I have a bit of energy to spare, you can have it :)

Thanks Owl!

Cassandralee 01-23-2017 12:24 PM

Good morning everyone - Day 11

I love waking up and feeling proud of myself. So many mornings, for years, I have felt ashamed of myself, helpless and depressed. I was always promising myself, well, most mornings, that I would not drink at least for that day. I don't have that morning struggle anymore, and it's such a fantastic feeling to be free and actually wake up liking myself.

So for me, my mental health is the driving factor I'm focused on, however the bonus benefits have been great, such as skin is looking fresh again, eyes sparkling, hair soft again and not looking like the straw-man, losing weight without even trying, although I am eating much healthier which would be helping, oh and the money.

I can honestly say, I'm liking this new sober lifestyle.

WhiskeyBent 01-23-2017 12:26 PM

Wow. We must be typing a lot if we are on part three already. Thats a good thing. Keep pouring out the bad stuff, and bring in the positive vibes.

bluedog97 01-23-2017 12:30 PM

Day 5 here, its been a long 5 days. Had a Dr.'s appt. this morning and my blood pressure was still high. Of course it was. Hopefully it will go back down with continued sobriety.

Every new day sober I realize this is no picnic. I have to stay committed to this on a daily basis. I have a lot of adversity going on, mostly family issues. Enough to drive a person crazy. Anyway, have a good day everyone, stay sober!

Michael66 01-23-2017 12:39 PM

Well done BlueDog.

Isn't time odd at the moment. Day 24 for me but it feels like an eternity! I remember this from last time - I was glad to get the first month over as things seemed to be more steadily uphill (rather than up and down) after that for me. But some people seem to adjust faster than me, and some slower.

Keep going - it will get easier.

site1Q84 01-23-2017 02:24 PM

Michael66 you can have my extra energy too! I was all ready to take on the day but it's still pouring rain outside so I didn't have as much to do as I would have liked.