Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 02-04-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
I am feeling much more clear headed this morning. Really glad I didn't give into temptation and hope to remember this proud feeling next time I struggle. Thank you all for your encouragement, it made a world of difference to me

I'll get to the grocery store sometime today for some fixin's for Superbowl tomorrow. I don't care much for football, but I do like food HA

Have a great day, friends!
Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Saturday evening and I am happy that I am sober! 2 weeks in and I am still very motivated.
Started reading a great fiction book and it is nice to have a completely quiet evening with the kids in bed (one of them is having a flu) and I have some "just me" time with a book and a cup of cappuccino in the living room.

I think I am going to bed early.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Morning all.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hello everybodypeeps.
Just watched the first weekend of six nations rugby sober. (For my American friends, it's like Superbowl only better! :-)
Bad luck Cara. Well done Scots. (I know there's at least one in the class.) Englanders, you were lucky. No French here that I know. French Canadians maybe? Have a word with yourselves, that game was there for the taking.
Italy V Wales tomorrow and as there are no Italians in the class, I expect your full support.
For Superbowl fans I hope your team win, but only a fraction of my support for team January 2017. We rock.

Peace, Love and Strength my friends.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dontlookbacchus View Post

Emmerson. Congratulations. First in 3650 days . The clouds are breaking up !
Wow. That really puts it in perspective. How sad to have wasted so much time...
But I'll reach for 3650 sober days. But for now I'll think about this day.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Cara. OMG im 42 as well. I was reading a thread in the other forum where there seemed to be a whole wack of 42 year olds trying to reclaim themselves. Maybe its a lucky year to get clean!

Im having that sinking feeling as well. Man I loved to dance, late night, drunk. Music is one of my loves, but it can be a big trigger as well. One song can send me right to the booze store.

I dance at 5 oclock in the afternoon now. Turn up the tunes and dance in my kitchen. Bed by nine. It works for me at the moment. Our clubbing days aren't over, just on hold!
Reborn at 42 WB!

I'm a music lover too and totally agree, it can be so nostalgic. Trouble with nostalgia is I remember great nights out with rose tinted lenses, I'll remember laughter and dancing but selectively forget that I ended the night in a blackout and have no idea how I got home. Maybe afternoon dancing is the new way, I will admit that I have a hoovering playlist and have been known to bust a few moves while doing it
Old 02-04-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
Getting used to the idea of never drinking again is a painful part of recovery I find. Most of the time I'm fine (and even happy) with it. Other times I just have to focus on today and 'one day at a time'.
Hi Michael, getting used to never drinking again has definitely replaced the cravings at the moment. Trying to train myself to live in the moment too, I've bought The Little Book of Mindfulness so hopefully this will help.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ina123 View Post
Cara and Whisky – I’ve always been more of a pub person, but for some reason lately I've had this weird desire to dance at a club….not even drink at all!! Just dance!! Maybe it’s all this newfound energy we’re having! Perhaps further down the road in recovery I'll be able to go and just dance!
That's part of what I love about SR, even the oddest of thoughts there's someone who will be experiencing the same! I suppose it's a good sign to have desires at all, I certainly didn't when I was drinking.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Hello everybodypeeps.
Just watched the first weekend of six nations rugby sober. (For my American friends, it's like Superbowl only better! :-)
Bad luck Cara. Well done Scots. (I know there's at least one in the class.) Englanders, you were lucky. No French here that I know. French Canadians maybe? Have a word with yourselves, that game was there for the taking.
Italy V Wales tomorrow and as there are no Italians in the class, I expect your full support.
For Superbowl fans I hope your team win, but only a fraction of my support for team January 2017. We rock.

Peace, Love and Strength my friends.
Pretty disastrous first half Sparkos, good luck tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend

Day 35 here, just about to have a lovely hot curry and settle down in front of the TV, night all x
Old 02-04-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Got my ass kicked in another thread. Sheesh. Only trying to help . Right! I'll show him, I'm going to drink a gallon of vodka. That'll teach him!!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa course not. Water off a duck's back.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Sunday morning sober, what a great feeling.

I had a lovely quiet Saturday night at home. Ate my dinner, drank my milo and enjoyed a movie. I can't take for granted how good it feels to simply do the little things to look after myself before bed, like wash my makeup off, brush my teeth and make sure the doors are locked.

My routine when drinking... pass out drunk, wake in middle of the night, thirsty, disorientated, fully clothed, usually, trying to piece together what happened and what I said or did, then trying to figure out how much I drank so I would have a clue as to how bad I was going to feel that day, checking the rubbish bin and pantry cupboards to try to figure that bit out, then back into bed, wide awake and feeling depressed and hating myself.

There is so much power in being sober. I definitely wouldn't have made it this far without SR and my January Team.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Spark- I could never understand why people like to be by rug(s) so much....
[SIZE="1"][/haha?SIZE]
Old 02-04-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

well that worked
Old 02-04-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
well that worked
I'm sure it was hilarious, PJ
Old 02-04-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Made it through a dinner party drinking two cokes and some water. Man the conversation was dull.

I guess the wine drinking people were having fun? Or maybe not.

But sober, it was dull.

Not sure what to make of it besides I get to go to bed sober.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

WB I found a lot of drinking get togethers are dull - and gets duller as people get more and more drunk.

It gets a little better when you're no longer resenting the drinkers, I guess.

On the flip side - dinner with folks who aren't there to write them selves off can be stimulating, fun, and a pleasure.

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what day it is
I have a standing arrangement every Sunday night at an unlicensed vegetarian restaurant with a couple of mates.

We have a ball.

Time for a new thread tho - join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D