Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 01-28-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Just Joined a Yoga Studio. First Class tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hey

I was going to wait to February, but decided to quit earlier to be part of this amazing class of January 2017. We can and we will do this!
Old 01-28-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hey...
Just checking in. Having crazy cravings. I think I would sniff glue right now if I thought it would help. I am being good, though. I'm locked in my house, and I am staying away from everybody and everything, because my triggers right now seem to be people, places, and things. lol
I am trying not to climb the walls, but the palms of my hands have nail marks in them from clawing the insides of my hands.
Wish me luck today.
I hope everyone is doing ok??
Old 01-28-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

The end of day 17 here. Home after a meeting this evening. A slightly sad/serious one, with much talk of relatives and friends dying from this condition. A salutary reminder though.

The gym session earlier today seems to have lifted a flat and low period that has lasted several days. That mixed with poor concentration has resulted in not being able to read anything longer than half a page or for that matter engage with anything on TV. Early days and I am determined not to let temporary unpleasant effects convince me that they are a good reason to take a drink!

I hope it is a sign that that period is passing though. In any case I've decided to go to the gym every day rather than every other day. If the benefits are that noticeable and marked it is definitely worth the effort.

Happy and sober Saturday evening to all!
Old 01-28-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Feeling good still! 8 days and drinking Pepsi! ��
Old 01-28-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Love waking up sober on a Sunday morning.

Back in the day (a couple of weeks ago lol, but feels longer), I would have run the mental check-list...what did I do last night? what time did I go to bed? am I in damage control? should I crawl out of bed for pain-killers? the feelings of despair, shame and depression would be washing over me. Then the promise... that I would not ever drink again!

To just simply wake up, feeling refreshed and proud of myself is something I am very grateful for. Best decision I ever made.

I'm about to head out for brunch with a girl-friend. This is something I would have totally dreaded a few weeks ago. Many times I have dragged myself out, looking and feeling like a piece of dog-poo. I can't wait for our breaky.

Welcome to our new January team-mates.

I think this class is the most awesome bunch of warriers
Old 01-28-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hey there sugarangel

I'm sorry today is so tough. We only have to go through this phase once. It won't stay like this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Michael
Old 01-28-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by Luchogarza View Post
I was going to wait to February, but decided to quit earlier to be part of this amazing class of January 2017. We can and we will do this!
Other months are very good as well. It's just that we're the best
Old 01-28-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Sounds very familiar Cassandralee - the bad and, now, the good! I'm looking forward to getting up tomorrow to chalk up my second week, actually making it to church and then a run. Other half is even being moderate (for him!). Can't get over how much better I sleep. I don't remember getting this effect the first time round. Even if I get broken sleep, it's real sleep and I wake up feeling rested. How long is it since that happened? Still don't feel in any danger of quitting this time but I know it's a bumpy road. Making the most of this nice smooth bit (recently discovered a load of emojis on my phone and have got a bit diseased by it!)

Px
Old 01-28-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
Other months are very good as well. It's just that we're the best
Love your humility, Michael
Old 01-28-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Just Joined a Yoga Studio. First Class tomorrow.
That sounds great, WB

You say you don't get out much. So I think that's a great way to meet like minded people. If I lived nearer, I'd join you.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA - it's been a busy weekend. I leave for a work trip Monday so I'm getting ready for that but trying to fit in some good relaxing/fun time as well. Still sober, still doing good. The sun is finally out as well! Hello to all the newcomers I may have missed.

sugarangel, glad you came here to post instead of giving in! And staying in is probably a good idea. I've been there before! If this thread is ever slow and you need a distraction you can always make a new thread - sometimes they get more responses than the class threads. Do you have any activities to take your mind off of things? I bought a puzzle/game book off of amazon to distract myself in the hard times - I actually really enjoy it!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Great to have you back in Class, Site Now, no more truancy for you young lady.
Off reading your fanciful Haruki Murakami tales no doubt.

Last edited by Sparkos; 01-28-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Trying to be funnier
Old 01-28-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi Sugarangel. Sorry your feeling like that right now. But remember it is only right now. Let the wave go and surf strong. People always here for you. Site1Q84 that's a really good suggestion. Starting a new thread if needed is a great idea. X
Old 01-28-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmy2002 View Post
Starting a new thread if needed is a great idea. X
There's also a social groups forum on this site for word games etc. If it gets quiet in class. Good fun to interact with other nutcase alcoholics sometimes.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Made me smile Sparkos. Xx
Old 01-28-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
That sounds great, WB

You say you don't get out much. So I think that's a great way to meet like minded people. If I lived nearer, I'd join you.
Thanks Sparkos! Its nice to get some encouragement! Im going outside of my comfort zone, but being sober is outside of my comfort zone too. Might as well try to calm my mind down while doing some stretchin. Ill let you know how it goes.
Peace
Old 01-28-2017, 09:09 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Beautiful sunny Sunday evening- so thankful to be sober
Old 01-28-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi guys - finally got to read through..some great recovery and support here

welcome to everyone new here, and congrats to those celebrating a milestone today, no matter what it is

Like some of you have said, this thread continues on after the end of the month...it just 'graduates' to the Daily Support forum, to make way for a new Class Of February 2017 starting here

I'll try and make sure no one gets lost in the transition
Old 01-29-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

The morning of Day 18 here. I think I'll probably stop posting the sober day I'm at here after day #20 except for (hopefully) milestones to come.

The spark - the straw that broke the camel's back 19 days ago was an attack of anxiety so acute I was almost paralyzed with it. It was a deeply disturbing experience and one I've only ever had as had a few times in my life. I could have consumed a couple of bottles of wine that evening to make it go away - and it would have - but that same anxiety would have leapt upon me the moment I opened my eyes the next day. I'm not sure what brings those moments of clarity, but I just said 'no more' to myself.

So far so good!

Have a good Sunday everyone!