Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 9

Old 04-29-2017, 02:16 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Bank holiday weekend here in the UK so I'm going to get my house all clean and tidy today so I can have some fun with the girls tomorrow. I'm feeling so much better now and planning each day as it comes to keep me occupied but also allowing rest time too. I've not craved a drink once (yet perhaps) and for that I am very thankful. The depth of the pain of withdrawal this time showed me how far the addiction has got and I know without any reservation that alcohol is never ever an option for me. Not one sip. All to gain and nothing to lose I pray. Positive for the first time in a long time. Have a lovely weekend
Old 04-29-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Jo-So glad you're feeling better and so good to hear the happiness in your post! Hope you and the little ladies have a great weekend and keep on keeping on!

Toot-Did you ever get that dishwasher installed last weekend?
Old 04-29-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Pup is here, and boy is she adorbs! Got my hands full for sure, but I am happy!
Glad to hear you are all doing so well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Camery
Old 04-29-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have fun Camery

D
Old 04-30-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Awwwww Camery a puppy!!!! How adorable!
Slight bad start to today had argument with bf and he's gone off to his mums in a huff. He will likely watch formula 1 and drink beer all day. Normally it'd be a trigger but not today no way. I have plans to take the girls clothes shopping for our holiday and lunch out. That's what I'm going to do and get my head on that pillow sober tonight. Love to all and Sim I hope the not smoking is going well sweetie xxx
Old 04-30-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Good morning Mayflies!
Camery-Yay, Alex finally made it home!
Jo-Sounds like you have a nice day planned with the girls Enjoy!

I'm still trucking along smoke-free(ish).....I smoked 1 last evening and then thought, "what the hell am I doing putting myself through a freaking week of hell for, if all I'm going to do is go back to smoking every time I get stressed". That did it- or kept it to 1 anyway....
I just found out my son's using again. It's strictly pot at this point (so I'm told)....but I'm worried. He's got a serious substance abuse problem. He's currently on parole and he's about to become a father for a second time. What's it going to take for him to beat this? Losing everything? Jail for a third time? I feel helpless. I feel like I'm watching him slip away again in slow motion. It's heartbreaking.
I normally don't post about this stuff....because it's not "my stuff". But this is what pushed me over the edge last fall when I drank. Not this time. No way. No smokes either.....taking care of me. Feels liberating, in a slightly sucky way.

Wishing y'all a relaxing Sunday!
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Sim how heartbreaking that your son is potentially in a bad way. But of course you are looking after your sobriety as number 1 priority which is brilliant. You'll be there if he needs you at some point I'm sure. Much respect for staying strong during this difficult time.
It's about 7am here and I'm awake thinking about getting up. It's bank holiday. I think youngest daughter want to go swimming so that will be part of my plan for the day. Atmosphere with bf is strained but guess what? I don't drink so how bad can it be? Take care all xxxx
Old 05-01-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Likewise - take care all.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes for you and your son Sim - I hope he realises the absolute emptiness of addiction sooner than we did.

D
Old 05-02-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Morning lovelies! Back to work today after bank holiday. Hope you all have a lovely day ❤❤❤
Old 05-02-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you have a good day joandmelandhan

D
Old 05-02-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hello Mayflies! Been trucking along......works been busy. Good busy. Trying not to worry too much about my son....practicing the art of "letting go" but it just isn't coming easy for me. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes
Wishing y'all a great Wednesday!
Old 05-03-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Morning all!
@Sim - dishwasher, yes. Long story short - took me all day, but did a bang-up job. However during the process discovered bad/shoddy wiring (old house, etc.). Found a good electrician who will fix the problem, who also informed us our old dishwasher is better than the new one. So tomorrow he'll put the old one back in and I'll try to sell the new one. It's a Bosch, so I think it'll sell pretty quickly.
I hope y'all are doing OK, family, et al...
Old 05-03-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hello everyone - it's so great to be back and reading your posts. Have to admit that I craved them lol.

I had a great time with my mum and the rest of the family. Not sure if I've mentioned it before, if yes please look away now...
I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters, 3 sister in-laws, 1 brother in-law and 3 nephews, one of them has a girlfriend. It quite a task to go and see them all. Luckily we all went out for a great birthday lunch for my mum. Another lucky was that no-one argued!
I celebrated a 50 year friendship with my best friend. Which was great until the sparkling wine came out. Had to tell her very quickly that I don't drink anymore. Then the usual 'oh, but only 1 glass etc etc' but I stuck to my guns and bless her she didn't make a fuss about it. But it was hard to say no because it was such a special occasion. My internal alarm bells came on and I had this image in my head of me binge drinking again, then my brain kicked-in and I heard myself say 'no thanks sparkling water for me please'.

Hey Mayflies, may I say congrats to everyone still on this thread! I only joined on 27th but I'm sure there are one or three milestones to celebrate this month.

When I joined there was Ben, CountryGal and Lonelywombat and others. I hope they're all well.

Camery, great news about Alex moving in. I hope she's behaving well.
Jo and Sim, well done for staying sober and smoke free.
Hello toots, Dee and PJ
Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Hello Mayflies! Been trucking along......works been busy. Good busy. Trying not to worry too much about my son....practicing the art of "letting go" but it just isn't coming easy for me. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes
Wishing y'all a great Wednesday!
Thinking of you Sim and sending you good vibes to keep you going.

Lots of love X
Old 05-03-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Elke

D
Old 05-04-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Welcome back Elke!
Yes it was quite something to see a May 2017 thread....gosh we've been here a year! It's a lovely day here today. I'm still allowing time to heal my mind and body and so far my acceptance of drinking never being an option again is high. Weekend is on its way I hope everyone has a nice one planned. Lots of love ❤❤❤
Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, it's not even 9pm here and I'm in bed, very tired after a busy day.
Wishing you all a good night and a good and sober Friday.

Great going Jo, healing mind and body is important isn't it? I'm still healing too and I'm enjoying the process. Take good care hun X
Old 05-04-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi Elke! Welcome back! You've been missed Sounds as if you had a nice visit with the family and friends! And good on you for sticking to your guns and opting for some sparkling H20!
Jo-glad to hear the AV is staying in check and you're taking good care of yourself....I've found that to be an important step I sometimes struggle with
Toots-Sounds as if the dishwasher exchange and re-exchange was quite the rodeo!
PJ-How's it going these days? Any word on the housing situation?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Wishing y'all a great weekend!