Old 03-12-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi PJ How's it go these days?
Old 03-12-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

K, thankyou S.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hi! I like Sim have been under the weather. This BS weather we have here 60 one day, 20 the next has wreaked havoc. So, needless to say I went to work all week, and have been on the couch all weekend.
So glad to hear from all of you and to catch up on everyone's posts.
And BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, that is a blast from the past--- how are you old friend? You've been missed all of these months!
Not to much on the agenda today. Couch surfed all day yesterday and today I have to get out to the grocery store, and clean a bit. Get ready for the grind of the work week...................
Old 03-12-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I'm good thanks guys. Been drinking like a fish. But apart from that things are going ok. Gonna have to start from scratch with this whole not drinking thing. Good to sign on and see some old names that helped me out before.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
I'm good thanks guys. Been drinking like a fish. But apart from that things are going ok. Gonna have to start from scratch with this whole not drinking thing. Good to sign on and see some old names that helped me out before.
Glad to have you back! Sorry to hear you've been "drinking like a fish". Based on all the stories I've read on SR you're not the first to test the waters of moderation only to find yourself back on square one & I doubt you'll be the last. But there's no time like the present, eh? You did it before and I know you can do it again! I had my own relapse back in Nov. Just gotta climb back on the wagon and begin again. Your among friends here No judgements, just lots of support! Stick close and post away; we've got your back!
Old 03-12-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ben.

Good luck with your interviews this week Sim.

Hi PJ and Camery

Tooties, how much snow do you have? We had 2 seasons in one day today, very cold and wet this morning then after lunch dry with lovely sunshine.

I was fused to the paint brush all weekend and made some good progress, upstairs is not far off.

Have a great and sober Monday all.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Happy belated bday Elke! Sorry I missed it in my earlier post!
Snow is in our forecast for this evening too Toot-- I am so over it. LOL.
Hope you are doing well PJ and Dee!
And welcome back Ben--- you are amongst old and new friends here-- always remember that!
Have a great evening everyone! And a happy Monday!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Ben

any ideas yet on what you might do differently this time?

All good here thanks Camery

D
Old 03-13-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Morning all!
@Elke - lol@the snow. It was around 1-2 inches, and it melted away before 2pm. Just chilly now...
Old 03-13-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello all youse guys.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Folks! Well it looks like we're in for quite the snow storm.....old man winter's rearing his ugly head one last time in the rarely seen March nor'easter! 16+ inches predicted for our little area of PA. Thankfully, the ambulatory center I work for has canceled tomorrows procedures.....sooo pj's and movies it is for this gal!
I've got 2 interviews later on this week. 1 on Thursday and another on Friday. My anxiety is seriously starting to ramp up. I feel absolutely desperate to get of my current job. Trying to stay level headed and not make any rash moves that take me from the frying pan into the fire. Of course, right on que my AV has been going cray-cray! Just trying to play the tape the whole way through and ride it out. Adulting-bah.
I will not drink today. I will not drink tomorrow either. I will not drink over this situation. I will allow my work history and 20 of experience speak for itself. I will weigh out all available options with a level head, taking into account scheduling, pay, and overall impression I get from the place. I can do this sober. I will do this sober.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Ello PJ
Old 03-13-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me either Simplicity
stay safe all you snow guys

D
Old 03-14-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
I will weigh out all available options with a level head, taking into account scheduling, pay, and overall impression I get from the place.
It always helped me going into interviews to think along the lines that I was actually interviewing the company...

Glad you're staying on top of the AV
Old 03-14-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I don't have any children but I have sheep, molly sheep which I've bottle fed and some of poorly once I even taught to walk. In turn every year they make me a granny which is fab. Today we had triplets from my 5 year old! I wish I could figure out how to put pics on here. They are so cute.

Sim, you can do this girl. I hear you about the fire and frying pan, been there too. Like you said, plenty of time after the interviews to think about it.
Sending you some fighting power vibes in case you need them for your AV.

PJ, I just noticed your avatar... very nice.

Keep safe in the snow ok. Thinking of you all
Old 03-14-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Go get em Sim! One thing I learned from all of my interviewing experiences is to just be yourself. And of course afterwards there will be some time to digest.
Hope everyone is doing well-- its Tuesday and it already feels like Thursday. Is that good or bad---IDK but things are good here. Busy week, and im digging it.
We have decided to look in to a puppy.... have a home visit planned with a rescue operation next week, and are meeting with a shelter in our area to see what might be available. I will keep you posted on that venture. I have had dogs all my life so I think it will be good. It will be nice to have another addition to our household, and perfect timing with spring coming.
The name is Alex--- boy or girl... one thing we agree on for now............
Good nite friends!
Happy Wednesday to all!
Camery
Old 03-14-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi Simpl.
Elke- thanks, my art work on a t-shirt.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday Mayflies! Well the snow totals are in.....17 inches! Not bad for March! Roads were treacherous this a.m. so I opted to stay put and burn a vacation day. It was nice to have another day off and it gave me time to update my reference list and prepare questions for my upcoming interviews.....I'm looking for my forever home here....so I'm going to follow toots advice and "interview" them as well on the details of their compensation/benefits packages and "why they think their facility is a good place to work". Hubs thinks that's a little brazen, I think it's a fair question. I also filled out all of the required online info. they required.....so no more stress over that.
Thank you all for the reassurance, encouragement, & advice! You all spurred me on and I feel more confident & prepared walking into the interview process
Elke-Congrats on the triplets! You must be thrilled! I'm sure it's a lot of hard work but I bet those little buggers are adorable!
Camery-I hope you find the perfect pup! Love me some puppies! It's always nice to come home and have someone waiting to greet you and show you some love!
Hope everyone had a great day
Old 03-15-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Hi Simpl.
Elke- thanks, my art work on a t-shirt.
Yes, I thought so... great job PJ