Here's Maddy .....

Old 01-21-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Old 01-21-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Saskia - She's beautiful!
Old 01-21-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks, Glee - pure bred Maine Coon cat - long tail!
Old 01-21-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Here's Maddy .....

Oh love.....she is so beautiful!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Makes me miss my Spud, he was a big furball too!!
Old 01-22-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

How are you dearest Itchy?
Old 01-22-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Three and a half years is indeed getting up there. Many of us grew up in drinking families.

Glee,
I was a have not too until I was old enough to get a real job at 12. I grew up in the military, and grew up more than a few of my troops too passing it forward.

FG,
Four years, well it seems all of the newest overs (to some of us) are racking up the years seemingly overnight!

Kris,
Congrats on three years! Yes, we can see Influence our own children

FBL,
Glad you're feeling better too. Tell us when it is out for sale. I need a new copy if it is the one I used to have.
I'll third that comment about being dead now had you not stopped.

Hi Toots!
Amen on the different levels of rock bottom. I was very controlled and almost never past my gentle buzz and not any different than sober save for the pleasant buzz. But even I had to slowly increase then drink in the mornings. My mind and behaviors were fine, but my body was not liking the abuse of filtering the constant intake 24/7.

Andy,
Loved your posts.

Star,
Same with yours.

Suze,
Great to see you back regularly.

Sassy,
Maddy is beautiful!

RZ,
I got the ham reference too and agree.

Gil,
Hey!

Dharma, yeah, it is sad that so many parents drink at youth sports. I see on the news here where fathers fight there and women too! Some example.

Suze,
I am not unwell! Thanks for asking! 3AM here and I'm making time to post. We are hands down doing the estate settling paperwork getting titles and land deeds transferred to us and her brother. We are selling that property and house as well as ours here if we firm up on moving. It all depends on my back and neck healing up, and my eyes too. I see that MDeity next Wednesday.

In times like these I remind myself that the best revenge is living well. I plan to continue that example.

I have a grand niece whose mother is lost in drugs, a thief and liar. My BIL is getting custody and raising her. So many families are raising their grandkids today. We'll be here for her too.

Last edited by Dee74; 01-22-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: edit - refer post 107
Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation

Itch
can I use your post to remind everyone that political discussion is only allowed here in terms of recovery?

I've posted this before but I'll post it again.

Politics
I'd really like everyone to remember this is a recovery site - with a lot of members from all walks of life.

I've no desire to censor and up to now I've not removed any posts regardless of point of view - but I think purely political posts, especially lately, are detracting from the sense of unity and commonality that we all should share.

For these group threads, from now, I'd ask everyone to mention election results/politics strictly and only in the context of recovery and recovery support.

For example, if you're scared or disappointed and that's making you feel like drinking, that's an understandable post that should be acceptable to everyone - but attacks on parties, voters or candidates are against our rules.

Originally Posted by Rule 2
No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose
Plenty of other places to talk politics

Thanks

Dee
SR
It's not about censorship. It's not about what my politics are, or the politics of Internet Brands..

It's simply acknowledging the fact that other members here have a political opinion which is pretty much diametrically opposed to yours, or mine.

I don't want to spend the next four years referring fights, and neither do I want to have to pull posts.

Lets look for the commonalities and keep the focus on recovery.

Thanks

Dee
SR
Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

That's wonderful of your BIL to do that Itchy love.
And all of you.
I pray that her mother will be alright.

I always love when you say "the best revenge is living well" ~ it inspires me, and reminds me to address the things I cannot change.

I am not feeling well tonight....I ordered dinner with strict no garlic instructions, and I think something went wrong.
I really need to get an epipen. Sheesh.

Love and goodnight. ♥
Old 01-22-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good luck with the book FBL!

Saskia, your kitty is so pretty!

Itch, there seems to be a whole generation lost to drugs whom can't raise the children they brought into the world. Thank goodness people like your BIL exist to help provide these kids a chance at life growing up in a stable household.

I hope you feel better quickly Suze!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-22-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Have a lovely day, Overs!
Old 01-22-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Dee, I understand what you are saying and why and I don't disagree. I'll try not to slip but living in this country is now very scary and stressful. Many of us are dealing with these feelings and feel varying degrees of helplessness. It may affect some people's recovery. I hope I'm stable enough that it won't.

There is now a school of thought that we should learn to have reasonable and polite discourse on topics like politics instead of avoiding them - that we could learn more, be more educated and potentially more reasonable about these topics. However, I realize that this probably isn't the place for that experiment at this time.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us are dealing with these feelings and feel varying degrees of helplessness.
I understand that. I've said as much in my post before

I also know that there's a whole group of other people here - good SR folks - who see things very differently.

That's what I'm trying to address - while being mindful of rule 2, quoted in my previous post

If that proves impossible, we may have to revert to a strict interpretation of rule 2.

D
Old 01-22-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

FWIW, I agree with Dee. I try to stay away from discussions on politics and religion. Plenty of other places on the interwebs to discuss those topics.

Sassy, nice pic of the kitty!

Venus, hope you feel better soon. Bet you're excited about the upcoming big events

Well, the boss loved the work I did on the book! Just a few minor details that need to be addressed. We've got well over a million points of data in this book, so a few things will always slip through the cracks. Itch, this is the R&B singles book. We did our Top Pop Singles book last year, that's probably the one that would be of most interest to you. I've got a feeling that you may have one of our old Top 40 books, however we no longer do that one, as that was just a mass market spin-off of our main book.

It's a balmy 40F here this morning...that means I get to go for a long overdue Sunday morning nature walk! No snow on the ground at all, which is very unusual for January in these parts.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

the only rule better then rule 2

is rule 62!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Here's Maddy .....

Look at those eyes! She looks really smart.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good Day Overs!

Nasty weather may be coming our way so on here before the internet goes down.

Politics............. the weather is changing. It very well could be the nice weather that is giving us the bad stuff now.

In any event, wishing all of you and those that follow a very Good day!
Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

Gorgeous Maddy Kitty, Sassy .

Pleased your boss loved the work you did, fbl. Nice one!

Cold outside today, not ventured far. I've got tomorrow off work, meeting up with a friend for lunch.

I'm really looking forward to retiring in 8 years, not that I'm counting! Haha.

Thanks for the reminder Dee.

Take care overs.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I knew your boss would love the book FBL.

Back a bit later. Feeling horrendous.