Notices

One Year & Over Part 46

Old 02-04-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs, again!

Gilmer sorry your tests were invalid, hope they get completed soon.x

Lovely and sunny here today. Just going for a steady walk around Normanby Park.

I used to get that too! Perfectionists! I don't think I am though, I've got more lenient in the last few years. Lol.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Sunny, but cold here this morning. Hope it warms up enough to go outside.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hey, Everybody!

Well I'm still healthy but one of my kids has confirmed case of Influenza. It's a strain not covered by the flu shots He's not feeling well at.all. We have the antiviral med from the doc that is supposed to shorten the duration. Asking for prayers that my youngest doesn't get it.... worried Mom here going crazy with the Lysol!!!

Hugs to all, dear Overs.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Morning overs!
Haven't posted in a while - this last week has been a blur. All moved into my new house! First time homeowner here and I'm loving it!

Went to watch my boyfriends dads band play last night at a place called kombucha town. I've read a lot about whether or not alcoholics should drink kombucha since it has around .4% alcohol. Just wondering what your opinions are on drinking kombucha ?

Happy Saturday!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Leasha, I avoid anything which might have alcohol in it - including foods cooked with alcohol. I don't want to take any chances on kicking things off again. Just my opinion!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
Hey, Everybody!

Well I'm still healthy but one of my kids has confirmed case of Influenza. It's a strain not covered by the flu shots He's not feeling well at.all. We have the antiviral med from the doc that is supposed to shorten the duration. Asking for prayers that my youngest doesn't get it.... worried Mom here going crazy with the Lysol!!!

Hugs to all, dear Overs.
Hope you don't catch it, Dharma!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I'm with Sassy on the kombucha. I also don't eat anything that has alcohol cooked in it. Use alcohol free mouthwash, too.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I drank kombucha quite a bit before I knew there was alcohol in it. Too bad cause it's fantastic. I'm on the fence but err on the side of not poking a hornet's nest.
Last week was terrible. Morale is low. I don't want to get into it but my boss is pushing people out of her crew with her disorganization and everyone is frazzled and overworked. It sucks.
Uh it snowed here! A lot! Very unusual for us.
Andy, I just spent some time on google figuring out what concentric elliptical lines are......maybe someone started a design then gave up? It's a mystery.
Sending thoughts your way Dharma.
Sorry about your test Gilmer. Hope all who are feeling unwell are on the mend soon. Let's all remember to practice self care this chilly season. (Hot season, those Down Under)
Old 02-04-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yes, Gilmer- I'm sorry to hear about your tests, too

I wouldn't drink kombucha either....and I'm with Kris on the mouthwash and food, too. One of the chain restaurants (Fridays or something like that) has Jack Daniels in so many dishes it's crazy.

Even a small amount could start a craving for me...not willing to mess with it!
Old 02-04-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Magsie

Dharma, hope you and other kiddiwinkle keeps free from flu!

Inpar, I hope next week is better for you at work!

Leasha, I agree with Kris and sassy on the low alcohol stuff. I keep away from anything with any amount of alcohol in, even stick to the alcohol free mouthwash!
Old 02-04-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Leasha!

Hope your son gets better quickly and no one else gets it, Dharma.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on the house Leasha! Exciting times indeed!

Sorry to hear one of the kiddos has the flu Dharma. One of mine has been running a temp and feeling miserable but I am hoping it's just a severe cold. I just got over one last week. I remember my Mom was the Queen of Lysol whenever one of us got sick. Now, I have canisters of Clorox wipes all over the house wiping everything down constantly.

Inpar, so sorry that your job is stressful currently. At least you can go play in the snow for a bit!

Be well everyone!
Old 02-04-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Dharma I hope the wee one feels better soon and that the others don't catch it.

Leasha, I'm a total non tol on any forms of alcohol I just don't thinks it's worth waking up the neural transmitters for something I can easily substitute.

IP make a snowman of the boss and charge your colleagues to throw snowballs at it! Joking apart, a stressy boss is usually an inept one, and the buck will get passed down. Look around for something else.

Andy? No idea mate. Sorry.

Hugs all xx
Old 02-05-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hello to all.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Super Bowl Sunday here in the US. It's another one of those "Everyone in the World Drinks Today" kind of days. I was eating dinner in our employee break room yesterday and everyone was making plans about what alcohol to buy and where they were going to party today. Even the normies were preparing to get plastered.

I open the store at 5:00am Monday morning. I am guessing I may be the only sober one in the building Monday morning. At least I won't be nursing a bad hangover!

Have a great day all!
Old 02-05-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

A bit of a glum weather morning here in North Lincolnshire. We went for a good walk around normanby park yesterday and the sun was shining, it was lovely. We're hoping for another ramble today. We saw some squirell's dreys near the top of 3 trees. I mused on the effort it must have took to get all the leaves and twigs up there.

I've been watching a program called edible garden. A lady has flowers and herbs in her garden which although are pretty can be eaten. I would like to research further. My herb skills stop at mint and a few attempts of common herbs bought at a plant centre.

The bulbs we planted around the village in October are shooting through and hopefully, with some sun on their backs soon they will be a mass of colour. And the few pots I put bulbs in which are still in my greenhouse are shooting through too, aaah, don't you just love Spring.

I can't wait to get started, with the massive help of hubby of course, with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, chillies, I think we're going to try melons again, we started them too late but they was coming on.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Dharma, hope the little one gets better soon.

IP, hope things get better for you at work.

Add me to the chorus of avoiding anything with any amount of alcohol, including the mouthwash.

Have a Super 'Super Sunday', overs!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Ditto for me on the "little" things like mouthwash. I love my new life too much to take unnecessary chances.

Hi to all, feel better to all who are ailing and/or have family ailing!
Old 02-05-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hello Overs,

Finally seeing the light of day again. Hope all who are sick are better again soon.

Mags, love digging in the dirt. Can't wait til spring time. Nasturtiums and pansies are edible. That's about all I know. They do make a beautiful salad.

Star, how nice will it be to be up and feeling good tomorrow morning. lol.

Have a Good day everyone!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I echo what others have said about avoiding all and any forms of alcohol, no matter how low the percentage / proportion! It's just a risk I don't ever intend to take.

Well February so far has consisted of catching up from the leftovers in January, work-wise! Very grateful for the weekend for sure haha!