Notices

One Year & Over Part 46

Old 02-01-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, best of luck on the procedures. Yep, John Wetton had a great voice for sure.

Let's see now...what day is it....oh yeah...

Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good luck, Itch!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Good luck, Itchy!

FBL, that darn camel's laugh is funnier the longer I hear it

Feel better soon, Kris.

I noticed Jeni is one year sober today. I sure hope she comes back here.

Have a good one to all.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

itch, i keep tell'n ya

Notepad is your friend! lol
Old 02-01-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

John Wetton was a very underrated musician. King Crimson was an amazing band that challenged listeners to think outside the typical musical mindset.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!
Old 02-01-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I love King Crimson, I have several of their records on vinyl. Itchy, I concur with RZ: write in notepad, then paste it in.
FBL I'm so sorry about your friend. He sounds like a good one.
Work is going a little better though I'm still completely exhausted at the end of the day.
Life is good, trying to keep the balance.
Have a good hump day all.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yay! It's the hump day camel and all is well with my world!

FBL sorry about your friend he sounds like a great guy.

Kris, hope you are improving

You too Suze

I hope Jeni comes back too!

Hey Nef, great to see you mate!

All ok here, tired & busy.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Thanks Dee,
I knew you could only pass it along, or better, tell me who to pass along some suggestions, possibly with how to switch them on and off or where to find them in the forum software's website FAQ pages.

GHD,
Boy do I know how that feels. I'm the same. Too many years after early first retirement at 45 doing nothing but 12oz curls the rest of the year, and drinking heavy on my last trip the winter of 2009/10 before I quit in Sep 2010.

Two things here as FBL will get to it. One of my rock heroes left today.

And

Just read Carl Palmer's statement where he referenced John Wetton's battle and eventual overcoming of alcoholism. Another point of admiration.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Happy Thursday and big hugs to everyone
Old 02-02-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I'm having a spike of the winter blues this morning. The weather is going to be bad apparently but armed with a paint scraper and hot air gun, I will get some more of the seventy years worth of flaky paint off the kitchen ceiling and life will be good.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

(((Andy))) ♥
Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
I don't get logged out, my post is there and ready for me to finish it two hours after I started it and it tells me my cookie has expired and loses it. I do have to click login every time despite ticking the remember me box on the login box. Mine auto fills so no worries there. There I am used to the autosave feature. So when I come here to the same software I forget that the settings at the owners dashboard here are set totally differently. Our folks had fits when we did the last major upgrade there as they had here getting the new "Features" down pat. Remember that a couple three years back and the board was slooooooow, and acted strange and they worked on it for weeks to get it back tweaked and trimmed?
I'll get with MG when I get a Round Tuit because I will have to dive into Infopop's websitte again and read a lot of program feature pages and programming before I can make the suggestion with solution.

FBL,
He did have a great voice. I am having trouble lately seeing all my music, screen and stage stars and my friends leaving us. I remember when I was a mosquitoe Airman (One stripe looks like a mozzie) ay 20 years young and almost thought my 38 year old NCO in Charge was elderly, he'd had a heart ayttack already! Now I see old men and women with the tired or plastic faces resembling how I remembered them in their prime, but shockingly old! Then I look in a mirror and see That I am softer and more platinum blonde every year!

Gil,
Thanks!

IP,
I remember your excellent job as an on the air music curatpor and personality so I know you have some music appreciation chops beyond your years.

Toots!
Yay good time to get back to good times!

Mags and Andy Hi!
And a happy early mornin shout out to all the overs and ships at sea!

Sassy,
Thanks.
Jeni,
Congrats!

RZ,
I know I know! Sheesh!

Star,
Yeah. I was a big fan of the "In The Court Of THe Crimson King album. The tight sybc of all the instruments on 21st Century Schizoid Man's long intrumental and drum duels in the middle of the song, and the sweet melodies of "I Talk To THe Wind," "Epitaph," and Moonclild floored me then and now. I was not a fan of the later albums. not a fan of the few years Wetton was with them starting I beleive with "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" I was big on ELP, Cream, Alan Parsons, Moody Blues, Led Zep and all the soft rock of the day too. The day being the early 60s to mid 70s.

My mood is better, my back is better, and my eyes will never be the same, as once they loosen up the inside "jelly"the "floaties" increase. I had better vision in my left eye before by far because I was not trying to look through a giant floatie right in the middle of my field of vision and interfering with the central third of that eye's vision.

My other post had some interesting web pages in it with charts and expalnations that many folks have these issues and as long as the cornea is not detached it should be OK.My doc is great, I just wish he told me about the bad side of it.

Now if my cataracts were not just starting, and my vision was bad, this would be an improvement. My distance vision is surprisingly good to me.

So it will work out however the fates are inclined. MY karma needs more positive activity.

I am a recluse lately. Oh well, my lows are the highs of another - I am so optimistic and happy by nature. I don't worry, I just frustrated and prone to foul language when I pick something up I need to read and can't without fetchin my dagnabbed $&&*(*&$$#%###@***@ eye crutches. The very thing I paid extra to be free from. If that is my only problem I am blessed (as the believers say so often.) But my genes are not blessed with the spirituality genes (Yes there are genes for spirituality, one just like the sex drive and other built in needs and drives.)

I just read a great book that touched on the spirituality/religion genes, by my new addition to my favorite author list, "Game Changer" by Douglas E.Richards Douglas E. Richards |
Widely praised for his ability to weave action, suspense, and science into riveting novels that straddle the thriller and science fiction genres
I goy mine for 99 cents on an Amazon sale for my Kindles. I have read everything this guy has written. I love the science he uses and the accuracy. The action and stories are great too.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

being a drummer, and having been in prog rock bands

i have the most respect for a muscian like john wetton

chris squire gone too
Old 02-02-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Itchy, bummer about your eyes! I do believe that we humans generally do adapt to our circumstances when they can't be changed though certainly not always happily. The old saw about time healing all things is apt up to a point. I think I'd prefer to say we adjust with time.

Have a good one, Overs!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Andy, that is history up on your kitchen ceiling. There are colors up there that go back to the Big War. Lots of lead paint up there undoubtedly, so be careful!

I'm sorry the drama with your eyes continues, Itchy. It must be frustrating expecting one outcome, only to get another.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hey, Overs-

My kiddos and myself actually have been under the weather the past couple of days. The end is in sight, though! Lots of naps and fluids....just a bit of a bug.

Itch, I'm really sorry to hear about your eyes. The floaters must be annoying as all get-out.

I'm afraid I've been taking on too much ... need to slow down for some self-care!

Kris, hope you are feeling better soon also.

Hi Gilmer, Sas, Dee, Toots, FBL, PJ, Carlos, Suze, Andy, hi Nef!, IP, Star, Rusty....and everyone my brain can't think of right now. Oh yeah, LSC- where are you, girl?

Old 02-02-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hi, Dharma (and gang)!
Old 02-02-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hope you and your kiddos get better very soon Dharma love, and hope Kris is finally on the mend as well.

So much love to everyone.
Seriously busy here, trying to find some extra time.
Perhaps sleep is overrated....I wish.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Suze, my nannan used to say 'plenty of time to sleep when you're gone'. She was a great cat napper. 10 minutes shut eye and she was refreshed and ready to go.

Dharma, pleased you and your family are on the mend, it can knock you for six, a simple bug.

Itchy, sorry about your eye problem. but pleased your back is fit and well!

Woke up this morning with such a darkness over me, I feel like I'm two persons because, yes, I felt the darkness but you know on the other hand, I'm ok. Sounds crazy even writing it down. I may have been dreaming in my sleep.

Think I'm going to clear out the spare room at the weekend. Take as long as I want just a steady pace. Yep, I need to do some de cluttering.

Have a good Friday overs, love to everyone.