Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 35

Old 02-22-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Checking in as I've been quite busy....

I hope your doing better, Suze. You can handle this.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I'm not, but I will somehow handle this with help from Nick and all of the beautiful SRs. ♥

Hope that busy doesn't mean all work Arbor love.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Good morning all and happy Friday.

Suze I'm hoping that you are checking things off your 'to do' list to join us here in the northern hemi.

Really thinking of Leigh this morning as well.

Not much to report here. Coffee now. Leaving in a few for a date with the weights etc. etc. etc.,...

Wishing y'all a great weekend.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

But still strutting!

TGIF........
Old 02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Oh gosh Mark ~ that poor chicken.
Photoshop I'm hoping.

Flat out here, and yes, ticking things off a very, very long list.
I won't tell you that we keep adding more to the list...

Well, we need everything for our new home....we have all of the essentials now.
Nick is moving in as we speak.

Love to everyone. s ♥
Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I hope you'll have a sunny balcony or windowsill for some new plants or maybe a kitten.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Not sure how I am going to make the kitten stay on the windowsill.

But yes, we have a huge kitchen, no windowsills, but shelf above the cupboards that should be perfect for plants. And we have a fantastic courtyard.

And we are most definitely going to have an illegal cat. Not as in an undocumented immigrant cat, but one that our landlady is unaware of.

I know, bad Suze.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Ah, but don't kitties just sit in sunny windows and lick their paws?

The courtyard sounds especially appealing to me. Popular here are sugar kettle fountains (sugar cane was once a big crop locally) and they make the most wonderful sound within courtyard walls. They can also make nice Koi ponds.

Gym time coming up in a couple of hours (surprising I know) preceded by latte time. I'm loving the aroma of coffee in this quiet keeping room this morning. Little one had a sleep over with lots of swimming and giggling, so the peace and quiet of the morn' is a treasure. I'm thinking of surprising my wife with a holiday to Ireland in May or June. No kids. So a little research with my cuppa is in order. Not sure if she'll be keen on the idea but we shall see.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Miss all of you.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hey, Suze...I hope your good today. Lots going on this year! I can relate as we are going to be moving too. Hard to believe, as we've been here almost 12 years in our first home, but we've simply outgrown it. In need of a bigger place with these two boys.

The busy stress of pre-qualification and listing our home is in the works. Now we have to find one!! Gonna be a crazy year! Hang on!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

This Is Water:

https://biggeekdad.com/2016/01/this-is-water/
Old 02-25-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Gonna watch that in the quiet of tomorrow morning along with a cuppa.

Mid 30's tonight, hasn't been that cool in a while. I like it.

Arbor, I remember you mentioning some time back that a new home was on the agenda. Should be a nice time to purchase with rates still good. I really enjoyed riding about the CT countryside last summer. So many low stones walls along folks' properties....nothing like that around here. I hope you can find a great place for those boys of yours to run about.

I'll be seeing plenty of stone walls and sheep the first week or so of June as I followed through and booked the flights to Ireland. I mumbled something about feeling guilty not taking the kids and was pleased that my wife said she didn't want them to go....hmmmmm. I take that as a positive. We'll spend one night in Philly on the return and will have the late afternoon and evening free, so if any of you northeasterners have a tip on restaurants or ' must do' type things I'm all ears.

I jokingly said to my wife that a few years ago I'd have been looking forward to having a Guinness in an authentic pub. She asked if I thought it'd be a permanent thing to avoid things like Guinness and I said I thought it best. I'll admit that it crossed my mind to leave a little wiggle room in how I answered.

I hope the weekend is progressing nicly for the gang.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mark. We hope to have this place sold by summer. I'm not worried about that. It'll sell. I just hope we can land something in the next town over we love.

You know, I didn't even think of the whole Ireland trip thing. The drinking aspect. Capital of the world? I'm sure it's not as prevalent as everyone makes it out to be. Not sure I'd be comfortable going there with certain folks in my family.

Nice to have a trip on the books for ya. Enjoy the anticipation!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Don't know the last time I slept until 7:30.

Any 'must haves' on your list Arbor? Basements are not common around here, but could likely provide a great space for your music pursuits. It's funny what matters to different folks. I insisted on a south facing, private back lawn that didn't back up to another house. I wanted a comfortable outdoor entertaining space too. Other than knowing I didn't want a really large home the inside details were mostly left to my wife. Choosing the house where your lads will grow up.....what an exciting time for your young family!

Re the Ireland thing, I'm looking forward to seeing the landscape and small towns. Fish n chips with a nice view. Maybe see a real castle. Do some scenic walks. Will fly into Shannon as I didn't want to drive in Dublin. You're right Arbor, it'd be tougher if my wife drank much. I think I'm past the pubs being a temptation, but then again I'm not around alcohol very much at all in my day to day life.

Leigh, I enjoyed the video link and shared it with a couple of folks including my son. I hope this day finds you feeling better.

Coffee time.......
Old 02-26-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Don't know the last time I slept until 7:30.

Any 'must haves' on your list Arbor? Basements are not common around here, but could likely provide a great space for your music pursuits. It's funny what matters to different folks. I insisted on a south facing, private back lawn that didn't back up to another house. I wanted a comfortable outdoor entertaining space too. Other than knowing I didn't want a really large home the inside details were mostly left to my wife. Choosing the house where your lads will grow up.....what an exciting time for your young family!

Re the Ireland thing, I'm looking forward to seeing the landscape and small towns. Fish n chips with a nice view. Maybe see a real castle. Do some scenic walks. Will fly into Shannon as I didn't want to drive in Dublin. You're right Arbor, it'd be tougher if my wife drank much. I think I'm past the pubs being a temptation, but then again I'm not around alcohol very much at all in my day to day life.

Leigh, I enjoyed the video link and shared it with a couple of folks including my son. I hope this day finds you feeling better.

Coffee time.......

Glad you enjoyed it, Mark.

I am so excited to hear about your trip to Ireland; seems like such a romantic place with its lush and green countryside; rocky fences, etc.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Wishing you the very best of luck on your house search, Arbor!!!!!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Love to all.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Love to all.

Miss each and every one of you.

Hope to get some resolution and relief this week on my neck issues.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Leigh.

Best wishes for all of the house stuff Arbor....yes, I know it's stressful.

Sounds awesome Mark.

Love to Conquest and phoebe and PJ. s ♥

Dee ~ my sister contacted me. With love. If she is going to support me, I'm on board. This is my older sister.....when she is not drinking she is the best person in the world. It sounds like she stopped. Maybe she did. We will see. I need her, if she's her. I am prepared though for opposition. In that case, I need to allow her to feel whatever she feels and not let it affect me.

Hope you have a good day.

Have to run! Huge day. Trying to breathe.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 300 (permalink)