Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 01-16-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

We can live here for a while badge, and so glad to hear that you're reading. I've picked up a book, 'Queen Kat, Carmel and St Jude Get a Life'. Its been lying around for ages with only a few chapters read for many months. It's really good, but can't say the same for my motivation, which has me practically immobilised.

I searched 'immobilisation' and found some stuff that talks about emotional exhaustion sometimes being cause, and that's exactly how I feel.

It feels like I have taken an emotional battering over a long period of time, not just related to the grog, but the toll taken by my family and their needs. And now my friend is facing death. So fatigued.

Am thinking about taking advantage of our national health scheme where you can see a psychologist for free and maybe find some strategies that will help. I see a psychiatrist, but he's blank slate and does not teach strategies. What does he do, what do I do with him? I do like him, and he has been so good to me.

I need all the help I can get now that I've stopped, and the *real* me finds herself staring blindly into the abyss. I'm good with that too, because I know the removal of alcohol and ACTION is the ONLY solution.

I am still strong Jillwink, just wrestling with the real problems that arise when the grog is removed. I self medicated my life away, and I can't write myself another prescription. Don't want to, just want to break on through to the other side. I'm good with that, real good, there is so much to gain and too much to lose.

Took my spiral binder out and actually put it on my desk with pen. Previously it had been lying on the floor with a half written shopping list and budget (ha) on the very first page. I am going to start to write, and even if I can only get a little done I'll be satisfied.

These are the things that need to happen for me, these are the LIFE things, the things I gave up the grog for, I don't care about dying, I want to LIVE properly, and it don't come easy, I'm good with that too. If alcohol is patient, so am I.

Raving on again, but totally committed to choosing life over the slaughter of alcohol. That wall's coming down, I'm a good brickie's labourer.

So if you're feeling adrift, lost and lonely badge you are in good company with me, we'll rock this boat somehow, and the harbour looks beautiful.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry about length of post, but in lots of ways badge just to come here and write it like is is, helps to put this thousand piece jigsaw puzzle together in our OWN heads. And that's what I'm wanting to do.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
So if you're feeling adrift, lost and lonely badge you are in good company with me, we'll rock this boat somehow, and the harbour looks beautiful.
^^^^ We'll all rock this boat!

I hate the feelings of being lost and lonely... Together, we are stong!!

Rock on Nobenders!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

We sure will Abriella, and we won't be lost forever, we're just finding our way.

Forgot to mention (in my last novel) Poppy that Plenny has started an artists' thread which you might find useful.

Hope everyone is still pushing on 'til we've all pushed through.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for the ongoing posting difficulty steely - all I can suggest is writing it out on wordpad or something first - that way you can't lose it?

D
Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and happy to hear that you are feeling better.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm 10 weeks sober today. I'm so sorry but I will catch up tomorrow. I can barely keep my eyes open so goodnight for now.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Steely

congrats Angie

D
Old 01-17-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

To make a very long story short, my husband is probably losing his job on Friday. I have been a stay at home mom for 9 years. I turned 36 last week, I have no college, and very little job experience. We are probably going to have to move to my dads house. My sister in law's brother is already staying there and it's a 3 bedroom house. We have two kids. Hopefully they will keep my husband until the end of the school year.
I am beyond distraught.
Friday also marks my 2 months. This will not be easy, but I know if I drank it would make me feel worse than I already do.
I have to go to what is basically like military court when this happens. I really don't want to but I know I have to support my husband.
So any tips on how not to be a hysterical crying mess in front of everyone when this happens are welcome.
I don't know how I'm gonna get through it. Just typing about it is making me have to hold back tears.
My life is about to fall apart and there is nothing I can do but be forced to watch it, like when Alex in Clockwork Orange is tied down with his eyes pried open. Except I didn't do anything wrong.

Once again I must apologize, for I have to catch up on past posts. I just don't know how to show emotion and express myself to people in real life and nobody knows I am dying inside.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

As for losing posts, this is what I do..

Before you hit post: "select all" , highlighting your entire post. Then press "copy". If the post gets lost, just start a new one and "paste".
Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Old 01-17-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hugs and solid support to you and your family LSW, hold on to the knowledge that drinking in no possible way will help anything. You know you can always (and please do) come here to vent and know that all of us are here for you both in support and sounding boards. I know you said earlier that you are fairly on your own where you currently are, but can you find anyplace or anyone that you can go personally to help get your thoughts together? Again sending positive energy and love your way.

Badge
Old 01-17-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey ladyshipwreck

I hope your hubby doesn't end up losing his job, but if he does I hope he finds another one quickly.

I really hope that a lot of your fears will be unfounded

D
Old 01-17-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Lady. Employment and housing are right up there on the major stressor list, particularly when there are kids involved. But you are a Nobender and we crack on. Full shot.

Who are these doofs that can put a family into so much jeopardy? Grrrrr! I hope he holds his job, and if you cry, you cry, it's OK. I know what you mean about not being able to express emotions, I keep them all bottled up too and a good cry can help. Shame the mugs (aussieism for idiots) with some real tears.

Is it a definite that he is going to lose his job, or is there a chance he can retain it with a good defence?

Life has given us another knock again mate, so gird your loins, walk in proud, meet them eyeball to eyeball, and if you cry it does not mean anything outside of the truth, your little family life is at stake, and that's a time for crying, but not giving up. You are a Nobender, but you can sway in the breeze.

Just take it one little moment at a time my love and hold on to the strength that you have shown in not escaping into alcohol. That's strong.

Get through the Spanish Inquisition first, and the rest can be dealt with in time. It's a long road that has no turning, says my Mum. Your road will turn.

My strength and love to you Lady. You can do this.

Don't forget to keep checking in, we are here.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just checking in today, still going strong. I do hop on here many times throughout the day but posting from an iphone is quite cumbersome.
Anyhoo, super hot in Aust at the moment.
Thanks Steely. How do I find the art thread? I had a hunt but couldn't find it.
I hope everyone is going strong and staying positive

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-17-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'll try to find Plenny's thread Poppy but go to admit that I'm not really good at doing that sort of stuff. You out there Plenny? Hope you are doing well too.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey Poppy, go to the homepage and punch in 'Artists in Recovery' in the search box which is where you'll find Plenny's thread. It sure is hot, but we are getting a breeze in Sydney now, thank goodness.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Nobenders!

LadyShipWreck- how are you? Thinking about you a lot, wishing I could come with a solution to your issues.

Steely- how is your friend doing? Have you started writing? I also find it to be mind clearing, the physical action of writing and your mind working out angles and thoughts.

I posted this in the 24 hour forum also so forgive my repetition. My husband was supposed to leave last night and be out of town for a few days, well his plane was delayed till this am, so he came on home. Now 60 some days ago, I would have been scrambling hiding the wine, shoveling peanut butter in my mouth, along with mints, trying to get a clearer head. Not last night! this girl was sober sober sober! Lovin this livin! HA!

Badge
Old 01-18-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I found the artists thread, thanks Steely
Another scorcher in sunny Queensland today so I am about to go for my morning walk and lose myself in some tunes while sweating it up.
Day 70 for me and I have saved over $2,000 by not filling my body with poison. Grateful? Yup
Have a wonderful day to all those on this site xx

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-18-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support. My phone is about to die but I wanted to share that I just went to my first AA meeting. They gave me a 2 month chip.
I have social anxiety disorder so it was a pretty huge step. I was nervous the whole time and I didn't share, but I am proud of myself for going.