# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 39

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-38-a-20.html

D
Old 01-11-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. And thank you all for the warm thoughts, encouragement and support. I read them at least half a dozen times throughout the day (although my phone and SR no longer seem compatible - it reboots randomly when I have SR open). I'm considering taking a little time off from work no matter how much I have to do so that I can create a real, concrete plan. That's a step I've started several times but never finished to my satisfaction. Even if I don't take the time off, I do have to get more engaged both here and in recovery as my lack of engagement is clearly not helping the situation.

I like your idea about newcomers Bobbie and may very well do that. I think I've started slipping more as I've stopped reading that board as much as I used to. Same with the alcoholic board.

I can't promise I'll post, but I do promise I will be logging in and reading - and not giving up, clearly.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hah, sent a post on the previous thread and it was closed.

Thanks, Dee, for a new one.

Still on the road. Home soon and will catch up. Somewhat unavoidable weirdness along the way.

Thirteenth, don't you give up. 2016 was a year of line crossing for me. I can not cross any more lines. I won't, you won't, we won't.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

13th- the plan is a great idea.
Pels- safe travels.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers of 2016! Just a quick pop-in from the 2013 Marcher thread. I noticed you all are busy beavers. I do think you will beat our prolific posting since we are on Part 49 and you are on Part 39 already. Hmmm ... is there something special about Marchers of any year? I couldn't have made it without SR and most especially the 2013 Marchers.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Sas- welcome here. See you there.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for dropping in Saskia. Yeah, we marchers are pretty awesome.

Glad you're here 13th.

Have a good evening class! And day.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Home from the game. We won. DD got the ball once, and froze, lol. Happens a lot with these 4th graders. I personally hope she decides to join swim. I am going to start her back in lessons in the spring after a long hiatus from being unemployed and then in physical therapy from surgery. She has been close to being ready for swim team before, so we'll see how long it takes to get back in the groove.

Anyway, after a 13 hour day I'm wiped. Ready to close out day 10 and get some much needed zzzzz's.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 01-11-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I asked hubby what he wanted for dinner and he said grilled cheese! Sweet! No cooking, just pull out the panini press and go 👍🏻

Have a great evening Marchies and day for the Aussies! I'm off to find a movie on Netflix.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning class. Have already started the caffeine drip and on my way to work. Mild and rainy out today....kind of how I woke up feeling. The rollercoaster of emotions in early sobriety is something that I have not missed...but I am just feeling my way through them.

Dee - thanks for the new thread!!

Sassy - first, I love your name!! Lol. Second, welcome...there is definately something pretty special about Marchers.

Thirteenth - taking some time off to focus on your sobriety is a great plan! Maybe there's some sort of OP program near you that you can attend? Just a thought...we have one here that's two weeks, Monday to Friday and is fairly intensive. I have been giving it some thought...

Well I'm off. Love you guys!!❤
Old 01-12-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

CH - shooting vibes worked!! Woo-hoo!!

PR - grill cheese for dinner sounds yummy!!

Hi PJ!!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

CH I had wondered what grade your DD was. I just asked my 1st grader if she wanted to try out the Feb/March basketball camp. "Nope!" She does soccer and softball so far but I know so many children already who are IN to a sport and do it year round. My kids are sort of - try it out and then change it up - kind of kids. I can't wait to see what they will do in the upcoming years. (And I continue to pray they just say No to drugs and alcohol.)

Anyway, good morning all! Day 11 and happy to be back in double digits. I got 5 straight hours of sleep last night and my reward for that - a vivid dream of myself trying a weird drug. Which I have never done. What the heck. THAT'S what I get for my baby sleeping a straight few hours?? Never mind then. Woke up sick to my stomach and hoping that's just from the nightmare.

Thanks for popping in, Sassy!!

Great to see you post, Thirteenth.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Just wanted to check in this morning ~ so glad to be here! Thank you all!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi MITA!!! Good to "see ya"!
Old 01-12-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 11...whoohoo! Woke up to the sounds of freezing rain and a good 1/8th of an inch of ice coating my car. The roads were treacherous, but I made it to work safe and sound. Good times! Now for some coffee...

Have a great day Marchers!
Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

ha! actually......HA!

Tired @ 2130 (now 0200- 13/1/17) turned off light, quiet. Prayers 9such as they are), breathe- begin to drift.....

THEN THE OTHER LOONIES CAME OUT TO PLAY!

Cooking stuff that 5 year olds could be master chefs compared to- weird mixtures- pasta with jam, chick peas, burnt sausages/toast- pasta souce with cup a soup and half frozen broccoli, snail eaten unwashed spinach- all left half eaten on the table.
The toilet.
Another 2 evicted today.
So lots of weird laughing, banging, burnt smells (we had a fire evacuation the other day- a guy, now gone who was buying drugs out of the railway station put a toaster on a red hot hot plate.- $1200). Giggling- whistling, blah. Ugucrugughuhscruhaggrscrugh.

Watching a doco about the interpretation inWestern culture of hell.
No anger or amusement or resentment for the other loonies. Resigned sadness mainly- they are all young- 30-35. Most still reliant on mum.
1 outside loony at SMART. 3 very serious, life threatening relapses in the last 4 months. She is 40.
I am okay- but nearly over this stuff now. It just is. What I cannot change- I accept and adapt accordingly. There is a bog by the art room- separate from loony central- it is mine.
A bit of a milestone- walked and did stuff outside for 2 hours in the 38C heat and did okay. Pacing myself- so can take up the jim a notch.
Jesus traditionally has a beard.
Take care all. Be kind to your selfves.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ugh and crud here.
I don't think a beard would be becoming on me.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Stay on your side of the tracks Saskia! Just kidding! Welcome aboard!

I watch most my programs on a DVR delay or prerecorded. Still, the commercials get to me. First, I had to make sure I skipped over all the beer and alcohol ads. Now that I'm dieting, I have to skip over pizza buffets, fast food, seemingly endless food ads that seem to bother me even more. I can lose sleep thinking about a pizza buffet.

Good work on day 11 Clearheaded! S'all for now.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Upstairs the other day I was watching TV and there were 3 alcohol commercials in a row 😮 I really do hope that one day alcohol commercials are banned just like cigarettes. the idea that you can't have fun unless alcohol is involved is heavily pushed and kids are seeing this stuff from an early age.

Well I'm starting to think that I am gluten intolerant. Blah just what we need more food allergies in this house, though intolerance is not an allergy, however the avoidance is still the same. I won't go into anaphylactic shock at the most minute level of gluten contamination. One of my kids has a life threatening food allergy. I carry at least 4 epi pens on me at all times which is a big reason for the homeschooling. I think Paleo is calling my name again.