Notices

Class of March 2016 part 39

Old 01-13-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

No dice on the caramel apple lollipops. Found some gummy bears, though. Old school. How was your "fudge"? Sounds awful, lol!

For the record, I have been avoiding sugar recently because I realized it mostly makes me feel like crap. But I'm indulging a smidge tonight. Just a smidge. Sweets I can regulate. Alcohol I cannot!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Yumm!! Gummy candy is my weakness...especially gummy coke bottles. The fudge bars are actually really good and only like 30 calories
Old 01-13-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard amijax0327!
That chicken Thai sounds very tasty clearlyheaded. I don't have plans for this weekend. Stay sober my friends!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello Amijax, welcome to the Arch clamss. Hope stuff here is good for you.
14th here today- according to the fact it is. The other loonies have gone to their rest- being 1223 pm, the little bubs need their feral sleep. 2 more evictions from Big recovery house. When it comes to reading the thoughts and actions of others- I am at times slow- but some people here, really
Freud would probably have to ask us to move over on the couch for this lot. I however am above all that- having purchased my own couch.
Doing okay- I cannot but feel effected by the tirade of such sad stories around me. That incapable bit- victims of their own addictions (not just booze as is often the case- gambling, weird food stuff, sex, drugsdrugsdrugsdrugs). There was 1 guy here recently, I heard last night- who I liked- did not trust but thought he was doing okay. On parole for serious drug offensces. Seemed to be getting act together- doing his stuff, obeying the rules- quiet.
Turns out he was sleeping with another client here (once he left- she was here)- who has since been turfed. Also while here - was actively supplying serious drugs to another client- who is now being evicted. Takes crud and ugh to dangerous levels. 2 other lives changed- and so the cycle repeats. Addictive behaviour does effect everybody within reach- strangers on the street, family, staff at work, medical staff- tax payers for services...
Did a memory box- just 'cos the staffie who organised it is such a good person. The scrap book bit. So just to ramp stuff up- I chose a girly box- pink with girly stuff on it, and pimp blinged the hell out of it. My fav. is the new words that proudly state their birth to the world. Carefully and specifically chosen with focueed random.
For mindfulness- I chose 'nez'.

On the side - 'lemrux', the back- gax. Of course for inside the box- GAHANIC. What else. I will give these words exact definition later when inspiration strikes.
As one wise soul said- when I arrived here- he KNEW how to succeed in his life plan now. All he had to do was target a very, very rich person and ask them for a lot of money. This person- of course would just blow off anyone doing that. But in HIS case- given the sincerity and sheer honesty of that humble request 'can I have a lot of money?' the very, very rich person would be inspired to hand over a lot of money. The beauty of his idea is the sheer simplicity and boldness of it!
As to date- he has not found the right very,very rich person. BUT he will keep looking, searching, asking.

Such is the nature of addiction- pimped bling and laughing at the absurdity of it all stops my tears at times.
Yes, my friends- we with beards, to bleed as well...
Old 01-13-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Welcome amijax! And hello to everyone else.

CH that Thai chicken does sound great. All I've had is soup and tea. Yep, still sick. Worked the last two days anyway though. Wore a mask to not get others ill.

I'm home in bed now. No better place to be. Zzzzzz happy sober dreams and days all!
Old 01-13-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

DD is asleep on the couch, hopefully for the night. I'm considering going to bed and it's only 9:30!
Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

It was beef and broccoli for dinner at my place.

That "fudge" sounds gnarly! Like some strange ingredient in a chopped basket (food network).

I am getting ready to take a shower, put the wee ones to bed then dive into a bowl of chocolate and caramel swirl ice cream.

Any good movies on Netflix??
Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning. Seems the crud is back...sore throat, sore eyes, headache...blah.

Downed some Buckleys and will be off to work soon.

I have been listening to Girl Walks Out of a Bar on my commute this week...took a bit to get into but definately some relatables in there....thanks for the recommendation Bobbie!

Well here goes nothing....happy Saturday all. I promise not to drink today...pinky swear.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
There's one other thing I should have left in before scratching the post. That was my consideration of posting it in the Newcomers forum. I chose not to as I feel I have more than sufficient support here if only I'd do a better job of, you know, actually using it. Newcomers need the support more than me and I'll be damned if I'll take away from it; from Bobbie's previous suggestion, I do want to try to add to that support. Even if it's only support.
It's not just about getting support for you tho 13th - you might be surprised at the benefits of giving support to other newcomers as well?

D
Old 01-14-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates. Wishing everyone a safe and sober weekend!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Back at ya, BBG!

Morning, Sam!

Hey, Dee.

I feel human today. We're kind of iced in here, so hopefully I can catch up on house stuff.

Don't drink. It's dumb.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Off to see La La Land. Oh, sweet kid-less time that happens for a few hours a few times a year...!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Morning class. I decided to read for a bit last night before bed and by the time I looked up two hours had flown by. I started Girl Walks Out of a Bar. First part is a frightening reminder of where addiction leads. The second part so far has a lot of "OMG, that's me" moments.

Have a great, sober Saturday my friends. Day 13 here.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Enjoy the kid-free movie, AK!!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I had a dream last night that I "came out" to my mom and brother and it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be in real life. And then we went on an unsolved mysteries investigation...staying true to my typical weird dreams, lol.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Checking in while eating lunch. Feeling vulnerable today so will probably be here a little more than normal

Bobbie - human is good!! Glad you're on the mend.

AK - have fun without the kids! And let us know how the movie is!

CH - that was a weird dream..lol. I don't think "coming out" would be as scary as we imagine....sometimes I wonder how well I actually hide it.

BBG - wishing you the same.

Well back to work. Love you guys.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Feeling vulnerable today so will probably be here a little more than normal.
Sam do whatever it takes! Just don't drink. It's stupid!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Enjoy your time, AK!

Crazy dream, CH. I'm sure if you told your family, they would just love you.

Sam- hang in there. Breath through the moment. You can do it!

BBG- I agree. Drinking is stupid.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Super cute movie. Delightful. Now I'm back home and in my own version of La La Land.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

On my way home now.

Thanks for for support and the love.

Will be back later