Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 12

Old 04-09-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Olivia, how are you doing?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

OMG, OMD!!! You're the first of the pack across the 2 year line!!! Congratulations Canguy on the 60 days too. We all know what that takes!!

I'm on a short holiday myself right now visiting my wife's family near Salamanca. Nice part of the world. My in-laws have been busy the last few years and it's all babies and toddlers around here! My 14 and 11 year olds seem enormous!!! Plenty of screaming and crying but thankfully not my look-out! We already went through that phase!

Great to see you guys all doing well. Can't believe it's 2 years! Take care all!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Enjoy your holiday Amp! I'm off tomorrow so that means only OMD and Cauli are working Tuesday.

Take care everyone!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Actually just a few days away OMD on the 17th, though thanks in advance!

Beautiful summer like weather expected here today. I want to start planting flowers, but I have to keep in mind that we can still have frost for another month in these parts. Lots of other yard work to do though.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Spent yesterday almost exactly as I did on my Day One nearly two years ago. I was working the burn barrel all afternoon in the warm sun, listening to music and being grateful for all that has transpired over the last two years.

Life is good!
Old 04-12-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
OMD

Thanks Amp!

Amazing progress Canyguy - well done to you Sir! Hard part's over. Now just get your head straight and you'll be fine. One day at a time. You know the drill.

Yes SG, was working yesterday, today, yada yada...

Right, I am off!

Best wishes

OMD
Old 04-13-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

On cup of coffee number two before work. Today is the start of my work week.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 04-13-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Safe, peaceful easter all. Remember triggers
Old 04-13-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Spent yesterday almost exactly as I did on my Day One nearly two years ago. I was working the burn barrel all afternoon in the warm sun, listening to music and being grateful for all that has transpired over the last two years.

Life is good!
I remember you talking about that day. That's super cool you got to relive the day in a much better state of mind.

Sounds like a good thing to do every year to pay homage to your freedom. Something to energize you for another year.

I think it's important to keep celebrating our freedom. If we stop those inner thoughts, all that will remain are those moments when we miss drinking. It's my personal opinion that freedom is easy to maintain if we have more positive thoughts of sobriety than our AV speaks.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Vacation is over and started working yesterday. We are in liquidation mode. Was sad to walk in and see my baby like that.

Vacation was awesome. I could not of asked for anything better. Well, maybe the day we hit the mall. I hate shopping. Especially malls.

We hit every major beach in Florida on the Gulf Coast. Each one offered something special. Clearwater Beach had a fun sunset festival at the pier which included street performers and vendors. And a beautiful sunset.

Sanibel Island is known for collecting shells. And man.. We did pretty darn good with that. Had an awesome dinner and had the best ice cream of my life. We saw another very beautiful sunset.

Englewood Beach was a blast. My aunt has a beautiful home and a private beach there. We collected fossilized shark's teeth there. Had another awesome dinner at a marina, then watched another sunset. This time they had a drum circle with about 30 people playing various drums and percussion instruments. Very cool.

Siesta Keys was saved for last. It is the best beach in Florida, and has the best sand in the world. It's 99% quarts! The neat part is that it stays cool to the touch no matter how hot the sun gets. Here we collected sand dollars. Found 10 of them out on a sand bar.

Was a perfect week! My fiance wanted to drink a couple times. I had zero desire. I knew I would have to keep drinking, otherwise I'd get tired. I was enjoying myself too much. Sure enough, she had her drink and got tired after dinner and felt miserable.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
OMD

Sounds like you had a great vacation Inc! Totally awesome. Never been on the gulf side of Florida. Sounds like you were ready for it too, with what's going on at work.

Onwards and upwards, and yes, it's important to celebrate. I do this by buying stuff for my kids. Why not - it's found money as far as I am concerned.

Best wishes

OMD
Old 04-13-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I am glad that you had a great vacation Inc! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Maybe you can approach your next job search with calmness in your heart. I heard Dollar General is opening something like a 1000 stores. It's not over for retail yet!
Old 04-13-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Easter guys

D
Old 04-13-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
OMD

Thanks D!

Happy Easter Everyone!

OMD
Old 04-14-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks Dee and OMD!

Early day of work this morning.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

You are right DG. I have an offer for DG already. But I'm going to apply for DM as soon as my resume is in line. I have two different people working on it. One I'm paying, the other is a human resource manager I am friends with at Bed Bath and Beyond where I was fired. She's seen thousands of resumes.

I also got a hot tip for a car dealer who pays base + commission. I could really get into that. I'd love to sell cars!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Anticipating a very busy day today and tomorrow with the holiday. More news about hhgregg closing and with folks out of work, they'll come in looking for deals.

I was told last Saturday was as busy as black Friday. My assistant said it was crazy!

I'm not too concerned over it. All I can do is all I can do. It's not going to bother me if people have to wait to be helped.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

The vacation sounds amazing, Inc. Happy Easter all!
Old 04-15-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Inc, that would be great if you can land a DM gig at your next stop. I can see you selling cars, but my one BIL did that and the pay always fluctuated monthly which was challenging. He'd work 12 hours on a Tuesday and not see a soul, then not have time to eat a sandwich on a Saturday. Good luck on whatever path you choose to follow. At least you will get Unemployment this time around!

Expecting a very busy day today pre holiday. I am always amused when folks whom are on a four day weekend tell me to enjoy my holiday. Yep, I am working all four days, three of them at 5:00am. I just nod my head and thank them!

I look forward to heading down to my parent's after work and having my family spend a little time with my folks and my sister's family. My father will be
86 in a week. It is probably inevitable, but every gathering now, I kind of wonder in the back of my mind, if it will be the last? Morbid perhaps, but realistic. I don't take time together for granted anymore. Not until later in life did I appreciate the struggles and work they put in to raise the kids. I guess one has to live it to appreciate it.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-15-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Inc, that would be great if you can land a DM gig at your next stop. I can see you selling cars, but my one BIL did that and the pay always fluctuated monthly which was challenging. He'd work 12 hours on a Tuesday and not see a soul, then not have time to eat a sandwich on a Saturday. Good luck on whatever path you choose to follow. At least you will get Unemployment this time around!

Expecting a very busy day today pre holiday. I am always amused when folks whom are on a four day weekend tell me to enjoy my holiday. Yep, I am working all four days, three of them at 5:00am. I just nod my head and thank them!

I look forward to heading down to my parent's after work and having my family spend a little time with my folks and my sister's family. My father will be
86 in a week. It is probably inevitable, but every gathering now, I kind of wonder in the back of my mind, if it will be the last? Morbid perhaps, but realistic. I don't take time together for granted anymore. Not until later in life did I appreciate the struggles and work they put in to raise the kids. I guess one has to live it to appreciate it.

Have a great day all!
I agree, SG. That kind of appreciation only comes when you've lived a little. Enjoy the non-holiday :/