SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 38 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/403030-class-july-2013-part-38-a.html)

Dee74 01-13-2017 11:09 PM

:a122:

D

resolute50 01-14-2017 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Croissant (Post 6289754)
Haha, you are right, Gilmer. 80% of people in the US thought I was British. Although my .australian accent isn't really broad, it was so funny....well, annoying, really.

I think the Aussie accent on a woman is sexy. And I can tell the difference,mate.
It's odd here in the N.E.
Maine, Massachusetts,New York and Jersey all have slight differences in the accent.

Leshar 01-14-2017 11:12 AM

I can't do this, I can't go through another 2015 where I spent so much time in hospital, ECT, everything.
I'm doing the right things, got back to eating ok, walking at least an hour a day, although crying while doing so, and I just feel so empty, so dead inside, I yearn for connection, but 10 years on from Larry, I'm still in the same place. My mood just switched and I can't seem to do anything about it. My psych is away until Jan 31.
I get so angry about it, I was doing all the right things and carrying on, ups and downs like everyone has, but this is a depressive episode, and it's achingly horrible.

Gilmer 01-14-2017 01:15 PM

I'm so, so sorry, Leshar. I know nothing seems to be of much help when it gets like this, but we're here for you. :hug:

venuscat 01-14-2017 01:53 PM

Leshar honey. So so much love.
We are all with you.
We will help you get through this.
Together. ♡

venuscat 01-14-2017 01:55 PM

Yes Bob, and not just the ascent. ;)

Dee74 01-14-2017 02:15 PM

Post Christmas blues is a real thing I think - I'm not really my chirpy self right now either - it's been more a trudge right now than a merry dance...but I know it'll pick up again :)

I hope/trust this is just a temporary down and you'll come out of it Leshar :)

D

Croissant 01-14-2017 03:14 PM

Good point, Dee. I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I'm so whiny at the moment. Seriously, LESHAR, I understand your episodes are the pits....but please don't think you are the only one who has a big whine. If you only knew what I feel whiny about this morning, you wouldn't feel so alone.

All I can say is, as they have in the past, this episode too will pass. I'd still lay off the junk food though, to be sure. (No Irish puns intended! :) )

Lol Bob on your thoughts on the accent. Some Aussie Sheilas aren't that sexy at all. They are what we call, "rough as guts". :)

resolute50 01-14-2017 03:32 PM

I'm watching some playoff football. My team plays in a few hours.

Yeah, I suspect there's a few tough ladies in Aussie.
There is everywhere. ;)
Maybe it's cause I think of Olivia Newton John.:lmao

Mklove 01-14-2017 04:42 PM

Leshar, I'm glad you talked about the blues, seems we have company in winter blahs. Almost a sense of desperation in some of my colleagues and great frenzy around marches etc. I'm just gliding along in some ways.
Resolute, we have to admit a nice diversion is having our team in the playoffs! I couldn't believe I bought the last package of chicken wings at Market Basket. H asked me to make fried chicken, definitely a Saturday day evening tradition. I realized tonight I never had made it sober before. It was good but no where near as spicy as usual, must have added the kitchen sink when I used to make it!

Gilmer 01-14-2017 05:00 PM

Dee, I'm sorry you're feeling low. I hope something thoroughly excellent happens today to cheer you up. :hug:

Dee74 01-14-2017 05:02 PM

thanks Gilmer - I'm ok- just empathising with Leshar :)

I have a few days of music ahead so I'll be fine :)

D

Gilmer 01-14-2017 05:04 PM

Good. :)

Croissant 01-14-2017 09:46 PM

MK, haha on the cooking. That was a HUGE adjustment for me sober.
And I love cooking too, so it was like trying to fall in love again with an old hobby. It was challenging, but I will say it does get better,

SnoozyQ 01-14-2017 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mklove (Post 6290837)
Leshar, I'm glad you talked about the blues, seems we have company in winter blahs. Almost a sense of desperation in some of my colleagues and great frenzy around marches etc. I'm just gliding along in some ways.
Resolute, we have to admit a nice diversion is having our team in the playoffs! I couldn't believe I bought the last package of chicken wings at Market Basket. H asked me to make fried chicken, definitely a Saturday day evening tradition. I realized tonight I never had made it sober before. It was good but no where near as spicy as usual, must have added the kitchen sink when I used to make it!

Hahahaha !! Omg ! The amount of times I added the kitchen sink then heated it up sober the next day & thought, what the hell is this **** !!!!

SnoozyQ 01-15-2017 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Croissant (Post 6288528)
Yes, my daughter does not watch the news anymore, as it makes her cry and feel so depressed.

You said what I was thinking so well, Snooz.

I truly think the patients are lucky to have your ray of sunshine shining into their lives, for sure.xx

As the day comes to an end, I feel so grateful right now that you are sober.:grouphug:

Aw Crois :kiss:

I don't know how I missed this.

Thank you so much . Love you xxx

SnoozyQ 01-15-2017 07:41 PM

Hi everyone :wavey:

Hope your spirits have all lifted to those who are a little down or out of sorts at the moment.

Thinking of you all my beloved Julyers :kiss:

Xxxx

venuscat 01-15-2017 07:46 PM

Hi love. (Again... :)) ♥

Dee74 01-15-2017 07:47 PM

Doing better :)

Probably write a thread when I get the chance :)

D

venuscat 01-15-2017 07:49 PM

(((Dee))) ♥

Croissant 01-15-2017 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 6291386)
Aw Crois :kiss:

I don't know how I missed this.

Thank you so much . Love you xxx

:grouphug:

And Dee, yep, why not start a thread? What's up?

SnoozyQ 01-16-2017 12:00 AM

Thinking of you lovely Dee xxx

Dee74 01-16-2017 01:16 AM

Nothing really. Feeling much better now.

Maybe I'll come back to it as a topic for discussion when I finish what I'm doing at the moment, music wise. :)

D

venuscat 01-16-2017 01:19 AM

Very glad to hear you're feeling better Dee. :) :hug: ♥

Gilmer 01-16-2017 01:31 AM

Yes. :). Looking forward to the thread.

SnoozyQ 01-16-2017 05:13 AM

:wavey:

Leshar 01-16-2017 12:12 PM

Not good. Can't get the motivation to do anything. Screamed at myself in the mirror. Walked two hours yesterday and it didn't help. Binge eating rubbish again. I don't want to live like this. My mood just changed on a dime. It's a horrible cruel illness. I see light and have hope, then it's snuffed out. I remember feeling well and liking myself, but it's all gone now.

Gilmer 01-16-2017 12:18 PM

((((Leshar))))

You bring us joy. That is a constant.

Leshar 01-16-2017 12:49 PM

Dear Gilmer, you are so kind. But it's hopeless. I just want to give up. 3 and a half years later and no better, that's how it seems. What's it all for?

venuscat 01-16-2017 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Leshar (Post 6293369)
Not good. Can't get the motivation to do anything. Screamed at myself in the mirror. Walked two hours yesterday and it didn't help. Binge eating rubbish again. I don't want to live like this. My mood just changed on a dime. It's a horrible cruel illness. I see light and have hope, then it's snuffed out. I remember feeling well and liking myself, but it's all gone now.

Baby it's not gone. I promise you. Please please try to stop eating the junk food. Your brain desperately needs healthy food to help you heal.

We love you. We will all help you through this. Hang on.
And perhaps call your doctor.
And stick close here if you can.

More love. So many hugs. ♡