Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Heading to bed. Ive been battling cravings all day. My AV is screaming. Frustrated because Im unable to tell on myself at AA meetings. I can freely admit my desire to drink and everything else here, but somehow in real life makes it more real. Anyway, still sober. Im fortunately reminded by SR how precarious it all is. Have a good night
Old 01-06-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Heading to bed. Ive been battling cravings all day. My AV is screaming. Frustrated because Im unable to tell on myself at AA meetings. I can freely admit my desire to drink and everything else here, but somehow in real life makes it more real. Anyway, still sober. Im fortunately reminded by SR how precarious it all is. Have a good night
Good job of pushing through. Think how awesome its gonna feel to wake up without that ungodly anxiety and frantic inventory of phone, wallet, keys, bruises....that was me my last binge. Uh uh. Not tonight, my friend. We gots this.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~
Thanks for the welcome Sparkos, Pinky & JackDsMissus

Good job getting through the cravings bluedog Have a good night.

Day 5
I am still sober but I hope it gets a little easier soon. I am drinking a Sparkling ICE Black Cherry drink now. They drink in our office on Friday afternoons and sometimes it is not a big deal but today I really wanted to drink with them. I am glad I didn't It's late but I am going to eat dinner soon and then watch some tv and then go to bed.

Wishing everyone a good night & happy weekend
Old 01-06-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Day 8 and I have a stinking cold. But at least it isn't mixed with a hangover! Feeling rough and rather low , but I definitely won't drink today.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Finally slept through last night!!! Wooo. On to day 5. Keep on trucking everyone. Those who started at the beginning of the month should be seeing the light at the end of the withdrawal tunnel by now I hope? Though I know that it can take a bit longer sometimes.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Emjay, do you think that the cold could be the last vestiges of withdrawal? I know that I generally feel like I have a cold when withdrawing. Hope you feel better soon anyway.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Thanks Stilstkin. I'm sure withdrawal is in there as well, but there is also a lot of sneezing and coughing. So I'm just going to make a sport of feeling sorry for myself today :-)
Old 01-07-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

It WILL get better. Hang in there, everybody.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Day seven for me - thrilled to be joining the class of 2017. I'm looking forward to a nice sleep, and not waking up at Sav 'O Clock - also known as about 2am in the morning, when the eyes snap open from a mixture of dehydration/general crappiness, and overwhelming guilt and disappointment. It's nice to just go to bed and sleep, and wake up without a headache.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to those feeling ill - it's actually pretty common to get a bug or something earl y on...

my theory is we beat our immune system up a lot as drinkers - without that artificial lift of alcohol/drugs we fall flat for a while...but we do get better and it does pass

Bluedog - however deep the hole is, the only way out is to start climbing. You're doing the right thing staying sober....

you all are

D
Old 01-07-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Morning everyone - Day 7 here - misty on the marina.

All the talk of tribes and belonging resonates with me today as I move off the boat - which is fairly isolated - into a house in a medium-sized town. I always thought of myself as a bit of a loner, but after two and a half years I'm looking forward to being around people.

Raises the question - is it easier to recover alone or around others? Alone means you have control over your environment but it's lonely and that's a trigger for many people. What do others think?
Old 01-07-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning class.
All good with me. Insomnia is my only issue at the moment but I'll take that every time in exchange for sobriety.
I remember my first times trying to share at AA, Bluedog , I could hardly put a coherent sentence together! I much prefer sharing here, where I can think properly and consider my responses better.
Onwards and upwards my friends.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good morning General.
Good luck with your move to dry land today.
I think that when you're amongst people, you can always withdraw into the sanctuary of your own house and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Thanks Sparkos - temptation to open a bottle when I get to new house, but I'll take the soda and lime instead.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by General View Post
Thanks Sparkos - temptation to open a bottle when I get to new house, but I'll take the soda and lime instead.
I think that's probably for the best.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes on your new chapter General

D
Old 01-07-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee - I'm still packing my land rover which is a comforting symbol of permanence in my roller-coaster existence
Old 01-07-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Best of for the move, Gen. Keep updates coming. We're moving with you.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Thanks, Phoenix.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Day 7

Feeling good..was at the vets for 8.30..walked Phoenix down to get his nails clipped...under sedation.. just got back with one zombie dog.. he is sleeping it off..i have just had my porridge and cuppa..feeling positive, have to say apart from nightmares on night 2 and 3..and insomnia.. i have escaped the rest.
Great being on this thread..keep up the good work guys and gals..and welcome to Brixby..on day 7 like me..