Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 01-13-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey Winslow, I hear ya, that would be hard... Up north here, the bitter cold and blowing snow also help to keep me away. Who want's to go out in that?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I just had to post this here: I was just posting to the bed time gratitude thread and it came out like this:

Grateful and extremely delighted that my daughter asked to come grocery shopping with me this evening. Seems we've been getting closer this last little while. Think she likes the new sober me? I wonder if she sees a difference....
It was mostly spontaneous but when I finished I was like wow! I think I just found a really great reason to stay sober....
Old 01-14-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

That's awesome Dragon.
Posting from bed. Just had a long lie in for me. Tired from a week of work and starting each day with snow shovelling. Snow seems to be finished for now at least . It has been pretty though.
Went out to a bar with friends last night which was fun. People seem to have just accepted that I'm not drinking and it's not an issue anymore which is nice.
Planning to get a bike ride in later, but first to the market to get food for breakfast.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:16 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I love that, STDragon! That's one of the best reasons I've heard yet.

Teaorcoffee, glad you had fun at the bar! Last time I did I realized that my favorite part was the later in the night you stick around, the more free hugs you get.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello friends,I do not want to go to work today I don't really care for the girls I work with on Saturday, they're loud, lazy and just sap my joy,oh well just focus on my haircuts and the music, went to Sweet Tomatoes yesterday, it's a soup and salad buffet thing,should be healthy but after I piled on my croutons, cheese,bacon bits and ranch I think a cheeseburger would've been healthier haha,it was yumster though wishing us all a peaceful, productive,Al free day
Old 01-14-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

It's hard when you have people like that at work. At least it's only one day a week.
Just realised I passed the 100 day mark yesterday.
I have to say I feel much better generally and much healthier.
The support here has been great. Just having a place to post and read has helped a lot so thank you guys.
We seem to have lost a few peeps over the hols. Hopefully they'll pop in soon .
Old 01-14-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Today is my 100 day mark, and I definitely feel much healthier! This week was quite challenging, though. A couple of stressful days, both at work and at home. Really, really wanted a beer last night while at a pizzeria with hubby, but I slapped down my AV and had a good time without it. Remembered that I wouldn't just want one glass, I would want the whole pitcher. And I have to continue to learn to plow through the stressful moments naturally, without the numbing crutch of ethanol.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Congrats on 100 TeaorCoffee and Belover. I've been keeping my eye on my 100th. Tomorrow I hit day 90, so not much longer to triple digits.

Hope those girls didn't sap too much of your joy today winslow.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congratulations to both of you on 100 days! And STDragon for coming up on 100 soon. I passed 100 maybe 5-6 days ago.
I've been real busy catching up on duties and training for my races.
I hope that the other Oct people made it through the holidays. I'm here, but not on or posting too much.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I hear you about still having to put the urge in the box occasionally beelover. I guess I was lucky over the hols that some people I was with were drinking a lot. It helped because it really put me off. They also didn't know me as a drinker so I just said I don't drink.

It now seems a long ti ago that I was doing the same thing even if it was only just over 3 months ago.
The adjustment hasn't been as hard/ as I thought it would be. I have a conference coming up which may be more complicated. More people there know me as a winelover. I an working the plan out in my head in advance.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to all the century gang and to anyone else hitting a milestone

D
Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 days you guys!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

@teaorcoffee, hubby and I were at a function yesterday out of town and he had a beer. When I smelled it on his breath, it was an immediate turnoff and I'm so glad I didn't cave Friday night. It's like my senses are now super sensitive. And thanks to everyone else for the congrats!
Old 01-15-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It is strange how quickly our tastes change.
Going climbing today which I haven't done in a long time. It should be fun.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 days Teaorcoffee,Beelover and Oct!! and on 90 STDragon,I wanted to tell you that your gratitude post was wonderful it's those little things that make this journey worth it,sometimes I'll be spending time with one of the full grown kids,hubs or little g-son and it'll hit me in the moment how different it is now vs.the drinking days and how our relationships have changed for the better, I'm so much closer to everyone now and I love it ugh,need more coffee so I'll wish us all a happy, healthy al free,day
Old 01-15-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I haven't experienced being put off by the smell of alcohol yet, but I can relate. I'm and ex-smoker (17 years) I can smell a smoker a mile away and it's like 'Blech! how could I have ever done that before.'...
Old 01-15-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Out the door shortly, gonna meet up with an ol' drinking buddy who's been sober 2 years (So I just found out).
Old 01-15-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Back from climbing - that was so much fun - and great exercise, along with the bike ride to get there and back.
I'm was pondering how I had time to drink, but then thought again and realised how limited my life had become when I was drinking.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hello friends, STDragon,what a treat that your old drinking buddy is sober too! For 2 years no less that awesome Teaorcoffee,I live on the east side of las Vegas and there's a beautiful mountain I want to climb but it's all marked private property, I think the Air force base must have it or something, it's called Sunrise mountain and it is indeed lovely when the sun comes up over it,there's a hiking area on the other side of it but it's mostly a party spot for kids and a dumping ground of old furniture for slobs so I avoid it, wishing everyone a great booze free day
Old 01-16-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

That's such a shame Winslow - I really would miss my outdoors spaces if I couldn't get to them.
We have plenty of snow at the moment, so am going to get to go x-country skiing tomorrow, which is really exciting - a friend knows a really good spot, so it should be great - I have a feeling she is a lot better than me though - hopefully she'll wait for me.
Hope your meeting with your friend went well Dragon - it's good that you have someone in the same boat as you around.