Happy sober Sunday everyone!
Old 01-08-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey, congrats DNM.....
Old 01-08-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Dragon and Winslow

Chocolate with chilli is great - I think tabasco is taking it way too far though
Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Great job DNM!

Doing well here, keeping sober again. My higher power has seen fit to snow me in. Roads are too icy to get out and get booze, but I don't really want any anyway.

Dark chocolate with chili was part of my chocolate haul the other day! haha I was a little hesitant but now I can't wait to try it.

Love you guys!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I thought the Tabasco chocolate would be freaky tasting too but they had little sample size squares for a buck a piece, nice chocolate flavor with heat in your throat, actually there used to be a coffee creamer called "Vanilla heat" I used to love a couple of years ago, sadly it was seasonal and I haven't seen it since
Old 01-08-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Chocolate with chilies is good! So is the chocolate w cocoa nibs, chocolate w lavender, sea salt chocolate... I'm glad I'm full from dinner right now or I might be running to the store for a chocolate binge!
Right now I'm "iced" in down here in Atlanta.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

yea, the sea salt chocolate is really good too. unfortunately, the stocks here have been dwindling and now I'm down to a tin of lady fingers. Tho we got lost of ice cream in the freezer, found a sale this weekend.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning y'all! I hope everyone has a great week.

Getting nervous here about my first day back at work tomorrow! I went shopping last week and got new clothes to wear. I used to work in a corporate office and now I'll be at a feed mill so I had to switch up the work wardrobe a bit.

Hoping the roads will be clear enough here so I can go get some new work boots, a few office items, and a super-loud alarm clock from the local truck stop, so I won't oversleep. The weather is making me want to hibernate...
Old 01-10-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hope your first day went well Suzy - we've had snow as well, but just enough to be pretty not snarl everything up.
It's been hard to get back into work after a longish break, everyone is pretty much feeling the same - mixture of the break and the cold and snow.
I just need to get myself organised and then all will be well.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My first day at work was amazing! I'm really almost in disbelief at what a lucky break I've had here... it feels like I've won the lottery!

And can you believe my first instinct when I was gathering my things up at the end of the day.... you guessed it, to get booze. I didn't do it though, I went to the gym instead, then to the grocery store, and finally home to bask in the beautiful reality that is mine today! Completely sober

Thank you all for the love, prayers and encouragement!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Congrats on your first day at the new job Suzyq..... sounds like you've enjoyed it. That's great!
Old 01-11-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm glad you like your new job suzy! I used to love my job at the railroad! It means a lot!
Old 01-11-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

That's fabulous to hear Suzy, glad you had a great day, also glad you picked up on the end of day trigger before you acted on it.
I think a lot of us got into that habit of going to the store after work (mainly because there wasn't anything in the house - for me at least).
Once I identified it as a problem time, I was able to deal with it by putting other things in my schedule to distract me - it seems to have worked well for me up till now.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thank you guys! It really does mean a lot! I think I've found a great place as my new home-away- from-home.
It actually feels good to be tired from a long day's work again. I ran errands after work tonight which kept me occupied. About to hit the hay. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Some old habits die harder than others I suppose. Today, after the gym, I was heading to the grocery store - to stock up on Chocolate, Tea and Cookies (no really) . On the way I pass by the beer store and I caught myself, on auto-pilot, about to make that turn into the parking lot. I've done it so many times before I didn't even have to think. Muscle memory would've taken me right to the door.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello friends, Suzyq,glad you're loving the new job STDragon,good on bypassing the al! This week has flown by, dentist yesterday and it's the last of my fillings however I hafta get my last wisdom tooth pulled in two weeks, not looking forward to that wishing everyone a great AF day
Old 01-12-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Where did the day go? not much time for SR today!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey sober peeps!

STDragon, I am with you on the beer store situation! I had a specific convenience store I used to hit up almost every day. The girls that work there still seem confused whenever I stop by for cigs or coffee and don't walk up at their register with at least a12 pack

I saw the cross-eyed cat that hangs out there the other day, who I affectionately labeled "Beer Store Kitty". I don't think that cat even recognized me sober!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I often forget, many other places sell alcohol in the same place as smokes, food and diapers..... In Manitoba, liquor and beer sales are held in separate 'Liquor marts' or 'cold beer' stores. In some locations there is a mini liquor mart store inside the grocery store (Like a building inside a building) and the sales are separate from the grocery store items. That makes it a little easier to avoid.

I'm sure my A/V would be dragging me by the shirt collar down the booze isle at your convenience store. If only to look at the pretty colored bottles.....
Old 01-13-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hello friends, sheesh,try living in Las Vegas where alcohol is sold everywhere,24 hours a day,it's crazy,raining here and it's making me lazy, wishing everyone a great AF day