Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 192

Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Haha- Thanks Leigh! Kinda disappointed it doesn't involve boxing in a ring, but good to have a country-wide day off after Christmas...
Old 12-26-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Meditation for the Day

These meditations can teach us how to relax. We can be of service to other people in a small way, at least. And we can be happy while doing it. We should not worry too much about people we cannot help. We can make it a habit to leave the outcome of the things we do to the Higher Power. We can go along through life doing the best we can, but without a feeling of urgency or strain. We can enjoy all the good things and the beauty of life, but at the same time depend deeply on God.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may give my life to this worthwhile cause. I pray that I may enjoy the satisfaction that comes from good work well done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACCEPTING SUCCESS OR FAILURE
Furthermore, how shall we come to terms with seeming failure or success? Can we now accept and adjust to either without despair or pride? Can we accept poverty, sickness, loneliness, and bereavement with courage and serenity? Can we steadfastly content ourselves with the humbler, yet sometimes more durable, satisfactions when the brighter, more glittering achievements are denied us?
— TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 112
After I found A.A. and stopped drinking, it took a while before I understood why the First Step contained two parts: my powerlessness over alcohol, and my life's unmanageability. In the same way, I believed for a long time that, in order to be in tune with the Twelve Steps, it was enough for me "to carry this message to alcoholics." That was rushing things. I was forgetting that there were a total of Twelve Steps and that the Twelfth Step also had more than one part. Eventually I learned that it was necessary for me to "practice these principles" in all areas of my life. In working all the Steps thoroughly, I not only stay sober and help someone else to achieve sobriety, but also I transform my difficulty with living into a joy of living.

well today i like both and it was hard to pick one , why not share both.

24 more for this alcoholic that is learning and teachable,
Old 12-26-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Almost forgot to check in...
It's 11:27 in the morning and I will be having another 24 hours of freedom!
Old 12-26-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Meditation for the Day

These meditations can teach us how to relax. We can be of service to other people in a small way, at least. And we can be happy while doing it. We should not worry too much about people we cannot help. We can make it a habit to leave the outcome of the things we do to the Higher Power. We can go along through life doing the best we can, but without a feeling of urgency or strain. We can enjoy all the good things and the beauty of life, but at the same time depend deeply on God.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may give my life to this worthwhile cause. I pray that I may enjoy the satisfaction that comes from good work well done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, how shall we come to terms with seeming failure or success? Can we now accept and adjust to either without despair or pride? Can we accept poverty, sickness, loneliness, and bereavement with courage and serenity? Can we steadfastly content ourselves with the humbler, yet sometimes more durable, satisfactions when the brighter, more glittering achievements are denied us?
After I found A.A. and stopped drinking, it took a while before I understood why the First Step contained two parts: my powerlessness over alcohol, and my life's unmanageability. In the same way, I believed for a long time that, in order to be in tune with the Twelve Steps, it was enough for me "to carry this message to alcoholics." That was rushing things. I was forgetting that there were a total of Twelve Steps and that the Twelfth Step also had more than one part. Eventually I learned that it was necessary for me to "practice these principles" in all areas of my life. In working all the Steps thoroughly, I not only stay sober and help someone else to achieve sobriety, but also I transform my difficulty with living into a joy of living.

Love being able to choose.

Thanks, Erfra!
Old 12-26-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

11:50am and a lazy day so far with the wife and Doggies! Checking in for Day 23 going strong and FEELING GOOD!

24 MORE!
Old 12-26-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

9:36 in California and I'm checking in for another 24. I had a wonderful Christmas with my family, and I'm looking forward to having a few more weeks off.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

Have a great day everyone.
❤️Delilah
Old 12-26-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Signing off.Cravings starting to hit so having an early night...Goodnight...
Old 12-26-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Signing off.Cravings starting to hit so having an early night...Goodnight...

We are tucking you safely into bed, dear Neo, with love and wishes for pleasant dreams. Nighty-night.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
9:36 in California and I'm checking in for another 24. I had a wonderful Christmas with my family, and I'm looking forward to having a few more weeks off.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

Have a great day everyone.
❤️Delilah

How is your knee feeling, Delilah? Have a great day.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
11:50am and a lazy day so far with the wife and Doggies! Checking in for Day 23 going strong and FEELING GOOD!

24 MORE!

Day 23!!!!! Rock on, quitter!
Old 12-26-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Madbird View Post
Almost forgot to check in...
It's 11:27 in the morning and I will be having another 24 hours of freedom!

Good afternoon, Madbird - freedom, sweet freedom.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Meditation for the Day

Prayer for the Day

Fantastic; thanks, erfra.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Celebration time!

TOGETHER We turn ILLNESS into WELLNESS

I INTO WE.

CELEBRATE and ENJOY RECOVERY!!

Oh boy, cake!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Kris.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
I solemnly swear to remain clean and sober for at least today!

, tomls. Clean and sober -
Old 12-26-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
24 more please
Babs

, Babs; have a great day.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
24 more!

Have a great day!!

- a great day to you, too, Bobbieka.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread Dee!
Old 12-26-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
In for another 24hrs!!

How are things across the pond, PK?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Findingtheway View Post
Good Morning SR. Hope it was a happy holiday for everyone.

Onto Boxing day coffee and relaxation.

Have a great sober day my friends.

, Findingtheway!!!!!!! Hope your day is great, too.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Back from the family Christmas celebration. It's 11:00 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.

Welcome back, FBL. RIP, George Michaels.