Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 49

Old 01-07-2017, 01:55 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

That's great, Toots. Have a really good time!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sounds great, Toots! Have a great weekend.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

hi Marchers !
I'm back and the trip was ok. It was nice to go but, nice to get home too.
I can be pretty bossy and my H put up with me and we did have some trying times but, managed to pull off the vacation without yelling toooo much at each other. I'm happy to back. In fact, I missed you guys.
Babs
Old 01-07-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

It was dead without you, Babs!
Old 01-07-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

BRRRRR!!!! One of the few times I've missed Florida!
Old 01-08-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I take it you had a cold spell there Budd??

Well the start to our break was not great, our 2 hour drive took seven, as I got a blowout while overtaking a lorry at 70mph, by the time I had controlled the car and brought it safely to the side of the road, the tyre was wrecked & needed replaced.
The locking nuts have these caps in them and we couldn't loosen them even with our spider wrench, so we had to wait for RAC ( like AAA) he came took ages to change it, the replacement tyre is a space saver so is only good for a short time at low speed but we had already sourced a replacement nearby which took another hour to fit! Because we were not going to arrive until dark, we stopped en route for a walk ( the hike we had planned kiboshed by now!). We took positives from the incident, we were glad the faulty tyre went in the uk and not spain, and we realised we need to get all the lug nuts checked so as to be able to remove them ourselves if we get another puncture, and ( she takes a breath) we realised we needed to replace the space saver with a full sized wheel. ( it's not necessary on our car, the manufacturers do it for cheapness, a full size wheel fits the space) we also had time while sitting waiting for rescue to think of the legally required necessities for driving abroad. And I impressed hubby with my driving skills! We finally arrived in the dark the hotel is a lovely old building ( the Ballachulish Hotel, google it!) Molly is welcome everywhere but the restaurant, which is lovely. The weather is the usual for this time of year in this neck of the woods - dreich and drear - but we will wrap up and go for a yomp. After all, we don't shrink or rust.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Babs!

Ken, how is NB?

Toots, your wild adventures could make up a book .... :-)
Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

thanks Gilmer, Sass---Good to be back. I love coming here ===it relaxes me.
Toots---I laughed out loud, you are right ! You don't shrink or rust in that kind of weather. Glad that things started falling back In place for you.
Have a good day everyone !
Babs
Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm really impressed that you maintained control of the car at that speed, Toots!

Glad you're safe and that you made the best of a trying situation!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I'm really impressed that you maintained control of the car at that speed, Toots!

Glad you're safe and that you made the best of a trying situation!
ohhh so true Toots
Babs
Old 01-08-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Toots, I just googled the Ballachulish Hotel and it is lovely - I wish I was there!!!! Does it count that I have a scottish terrier in my lap as I type? Nah, probably not. I'm glad you're safe after that excitement on the road - you kept your cool and stayed safe.

Babs, glad you had a nice getaway but yes it's always nice to get home.

Ken, I don't know how cold it is there but it was 46 when I woke up this morning so you wouldn't find much relief back in Florida. My brother's headed to the Keys today to do some diving and they canceled on him because the winds are too strong.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

TV meteorologists don't seem to be using the phrase "Polar Vortex" this winter. I'm kind of disappointed. The past couple years I just couldn't get enough of that description! I repeated it wherever I went just to fan the flames of drama! I absolutely love cheese!

I haven't heard a new phrase yet.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I think the dog is psychic and is creating a polar vortex by concentrating his powers in the mirror.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're ok Toots

D
Old 01-09-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Ken, how is NB doing?

I've come to deeply appreciate SR and all of you wonderful friends here. I know you have been invaluable in my recovery but just recently discovered how essential this is to my staying committed to being sober. During the past several months with multiple significant challenges, I've had more drinking thoughts than I've had in a long time. Only once did I seriously consider going out to buy a bottle but that was truly alarming to me.

You all have been my anchor throughout this time and I am forever grateful for all of you.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Old 01-09-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sass
Old 01-09-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Toots, that's quite the story! Glad you got through it with your humour intact!
I looked up your hotel, nice! More importantly, you are 40 minutes from Ben Nevis!!! Is that your planned hike?!? I've only done a little fell walking, and only in summer. Winter is impressive!

Sassy, I'm glad you are sticking to your plan and I'm very glad sr is working to help you do so. Sr has helped me immeasurably as well.

I am so bust with life that I don't post a whole lot right now, but I do get on here and real pretty often. You guys are part of my life!

Just got back from California tonight, winding down for work tomorrow. I'm so very grateful to be sober! I had a glorious time with my family. I wouldn't have done half of what I got to do if id been drinking.

The down side of being sober is I seem to have quit journaling. Bummer. I wish I'd written down what I did this drip. You know why I used to journals so much before? Because I'd go to a brewpub and sit and journal while I drank.

But now, I do so much more, I don't have time to sit and write!
That's not really a downside, so much of an observation. I had a blast with the kids. And sober auntie wehave is soooo much more fun.

The kids are growing to be fine young people, I'm so proud of them. So very proud, and grateful that they want me around
Old 01-09-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Sass)))

D
Old 01-09-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great to see you WeHave! No, we didn't do The Ben this time, I have done it once before, - for those who don't know Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in Britain - but it's not a mountain I anyone should go tromping around in poor weather.

We did shorter walks that were easily marked routes. I did not want to be calling out mountain rescue!

We got home late evening yesterday, and my work week is back to normal today x