Notices

One Year & Over Part 45

Old 01-06-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Praying for both you and your husband today, Kris.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Sending prayers, Kris
Old 01-06-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thinking of you and hubby Kris

Mags, sorry to hear you are having relationship problems, at least sober we see clearer and have more chance of choosing what to say and do.
As to the surgery, it has to be your decision I guess if it isn't life or death. X

Hugs all x
Old 01-06-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Kris, hope all goes well for you today.

Well, I'm slowly but surely learning some new tricks at work. The person that retired left me with the task of working with the professional book editing software. I've never really worked with it before, so there's a lot to learn. I'm totally self-taught on everything else regarding computers, so I'm confident I'll figure it all out. Just need need practice and patience...kinda like recovery!

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 01-06-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

keep us updated kris when you can
Old 01-06-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Fbl - I know you'll get the hang of the software eventually, but maybe your local community college offers a training course to make it a little easier?

Kris - Prayers to your husband. I hope you can be done and over with your procedure, too, my dear. It can be frustrating when life gets in the way of plans; thanks for reminding us that prayers work.

Mags - I get your fear of medical procedures! My mom & dad set a good example for going to the doctor and getting their issues treated, but it gives me the willies and I tend to shy away from it all. I get not wanting to have unnecessary surgery or medical treatments. When I can't avoid treatment, I try to use logic. First I get a second opinion. If I decide to have surgery or for my child to have surgery I tell myself that Surgeons and Anesthesiologists are highly trained doctors. They will take good care of us. Hugs!!

Have a safe and sober day everyone!
Old 01-06-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hello Overs!

Hope all is well Kris, will check in to follow up. xo

Cold and snow here, sent most of the city into hysteria. I just plugged along, but didn't go anywhere, one advantage of working from home.

Speaking of work, my insane building is in the middle of another psychiatric episode. I wish I could spike the water with some medication for them all.

2 months sober again on January 1. Of course did nothing for New Year's Eve, cynical me just feels it is another flip of a calendar page... and an annoyance to write the correct date.

Overs!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
continued prayers Kris
Is your hubby ok?

D
Things are looking much better this morning. We'll be in a hospital, just in case. Keeping a good eye on him. Better after! LGLG!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome. Sending prayers for all of you, too!

We all can use them.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Will you be getting your procedure done, Kris?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

Thanks for all your words. I think, in fact I'm sure, I'm a codie. My relationship problem is with me more than anyone else. Where do I go from here? I've read co dependence books but maybe not really read them, I dunno. Strange, I was just reading another part on SR about relationships with yourself. Very helpful. I didn't realise how much info there is on SR.

Toots , the op isn't life threatening, just nasal polyps but the home remedy I found on the internet is working. The op seems to be a temporary fix, and having to go back to have them removed again. So until I know more about it, I don't want to go through with it.

Itchy, I've had no problem in the past regarding general anaesthetic , but I just couldn't do it at this time, I'm not ready.... Do I sound like a crazy woman? I'm not really. I'm focusing too much on myself and need to get out of me, somehow.

Thanks for listening overs. I'm sure tomorrow is a better day.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
No, you don't sound any crazier than I did asking for my doc to write me a scrip for three Xanax for my last trip to Tampa, as they did another MRI. There is no rational reasoning behind my sudden onslaught of claustrophobia either. I never had a Xanax before and got the lowest .25 mg dose. I took one an hour before the MRI and did not feel it, but felt less anxious and did fine. I had to have the MRI, I made it so I could get through without acting like a (cue Schwarzenegger accent ) "girly man." Worked!

Mags, you might want to see a counselor or find a good group to work on what you are calling being a codie. A good counselor can really help with your perspective.

Kris,
Everyone seems to know what's going on with your hubby. I hang out here only so miss a lot y'all talk about elsewhere. I hope he's fine.
Did you get your eyes done??

Drake!
Good to hear you're building up time sober again. Hope you're well.

Hey RZ!

Hi Gil and Glee!

FBL,
I like to look up videos for new software. You sound like you're having fun already with the book projects.

I'm really hoping the back recovers to 100%. I fired the PT folks who hurt me on the second visit, and signed up with a better equipped PT group. They have pool therapy as my surgeon wanted me to do. I am calling a buddy who offered his help with my yard tomorrow and see if we can make a deal. I'm taking extra careful care of my back for the next two months of my recovery. No more scares!

Night all
Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wise move Itchy, take care.

Mags I was definitely codependent in my last marriage, it was about my own insecurities and needing to be needed. Of course by the time I had tied him in complicated knots to my apron strings and enabled him to behave like an irresponsible child, then of course, I eventually realised how damaging the relationship was to us both and cut off my pinny!

Kris, good to hear hubby is stable, what happened?
Old 01-07-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Relationships are hardwork ... (where's the clueless smilie when you need it?)

On another channel - it's not the hard drive in Mrs T's 'puter making all the noise it's a fan.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I did a full day of work on the publishing software yesterday and have already learned so much. It's pretty user-friendly, but it's a bit clunky on some things. Luckily my brain is recovered from the years of alcohol abuse and I can process all the new info pretty quickly. Can't imagine how I would've handled all of this in the old days.

A couple more days of this frigid weather, then it's supposed to warm up again.

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

itch

will you have an air tank an swim fins like mike nelson?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sea Hunt! 7:00 every Saturday night!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi Overs!

I got a very late start but I am vertical now
Old 01-07-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
What's a pinny? And why cut it off?

Andy:
I was asked what is the worst year in a marriage, I said it was whichever one you're in! You mean this guy:
Did you do a drive swap before finding out?

FBL,
I hear ya! We are down to 20 tonight then back up to the mid to upper 70s midweek! We. We've come a long way since we used WordStar word processing in DOS in the 80's huh.

RZ,
No we've come a long way since the early two hose regulator systems. Go Here:
Dive Gear: Now and Then | DIVER magazine

Hey Sassy!
Got yer nap out?

Gil,
Any time on YouTube.

I'm just taking it easy and working hard at not working for a while. I don't do patience as a patient.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Thanks toots and itchy, wise and thought provoking words.

Itchy, pinny, you don't know! I'm sure toots will open your eyes, lol.
I'm pleased you're getting new treatment for your back. Swimming therapy sounds brilliant!

It's Sunday morning at nearly 5.30. I'm full of cold, the healthy guys in the office seem to take turns in getting it and I seem to catch anything what's going, most of the time! So much for my vitamin C drink I have daily!

Have a good day overs.