SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An Unexpected Bump In The Road Pt.4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/401444-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-4-a.html)

aussieblue 12-10-2016 01:16 PM

Yes . Hi Goat. :wavey:

SoberLeigh 12-10-2016 01:17 PM

Have to run; be back later.

Goat 12-10-2016 01:20 PM

Hello :)

Kris47 12-10-2016 01:22 PM

Hi Goat, Hi Suze. :)

venuscat 12-10-2016 01:36 PM

Good afternoon darling Kris. :) ♡

Leshar 12-10-2016 02:57 PM

Suze dearest, I do know how you feel. It's a crushing feeling of being apart from the one you love. Larry and I had a long distance relationship for four years. He had a business, and I was in post grad school 3000 miles away. We'd visit back and forth every 4-6 weeks, but man, when I left him and came home I would literally cry for hours, I missed him so much. This was in the days before we had internet/skype etc. I cherish his letters, we wrote often.
One weekend, I was so crazy missing him, I spent over $1000 just to visit for the weekend, money I didn't have!! He was a bit cross at my impulsiveness, but thrilled at the same time. You will be together so soon, dear Suze, the pain of missing someone you love is very acute. I know you're connected with Skype etc, but perhaps you might write cards and letters too? I know it helped me when I was away from Larry, I'd snuggle in bed and just write my thoughts and I have those letters now too, of course. I often think that if there was a fire I'd try and grab our letters/cards (and the bird of course!) over anything else.
Hugs to you.

venuscat 12-10-2016 03:41 PM

Oh Leshar honey, I love you.

Leshar 12-10-2016 07:12 PM

Love you too, sweet girl!

Goat 12-11-2016 12:33 PM

Leshar, Suze read me your post on the phone last night... It was so beautiful; thank you so much for sharing that.

This time of day I start getting really excited... The sun is coming up in Melbourne and soon my day will be a lot brighter :)

Leshar 12-11-2016 06:02 PM

That makes me feel very special, thanks!

SoberLeigh 12-11-2016 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leshar (Post 6239698)
Suze dearest, I do know how you feel. It's a crushing feeling of being apart from the one you love. Larry and I had a long distance relationship for four years. He had a business, and I was in post grad school 3000 miles away. We'd visit back and forth every 4-6 weeks, but man, when I left him and came home I would literally cry for hours, I missed him so much. This was in the days before we had internet/skype etc. I cherish his letters, we wrote often.
One weekend, I was so crazy missing him, I spent over $1000 just to visit for the weekend, money I didn't have!! He was a bit cross at my impulsiveness, but thrilled at the same time. You will be together so soon, dear Suze, the pain of missing someone you love is very acute. I know you're connected with Skype etc, but perhaps you might write cards and letters too? I know it helped me when I was away from Larry, I'd snuggle in bed and just write my thoughts and I have those letters now too, of course. I often think that if there was a fire I'd try and grab our letters/cards (and the bird of course!) over anything else.
Hugs to you.

How beautiful, dear Leshar. Hang tight to those letters, those cherished memories.

venuscat 12-15-2016 05:09 PM

I've spent the last few days fighting with a flu bug, or some other kind of nasty bug. My body kind of collapsed. Getting a bit better today, but going somewhat crazy not being able to do anything right now. I need to be able to stay busy otherwise I am going to lose my mind missing Nick.

Pondlady 12-15-2016 05:27 PM

I imagine you're pretty tired from the trip, rest up and feel better :)

How are things with your sisters? Hoping there's been some improvement, so you have family to lean on, while you wait to return to Nick.

PhoenixJ 12-15-2016 05:29 PM

Hi from the Australia's lower middle bit, VC. Hope you are all good. PJ

Kris47 12-15-2016 05:31 PM

Get your rest and eat well now that your home.

Hopefully you'll be feeling up to par again soon.

Love................

least 12-15-2016 06:11 PM

Lots of healing loving hugs. :hug:

venuscat 12-15-2016 07:05 PM

Thank you. ♥

No sisters anymore Kim....not for months now. They know nothing about any of this.

PhoenixJ 12-16-2016 02:55 AM

Are there cats on Venus? Do they have trams?

Gilmer 12-16-2016 03:08 AM

I'm sorry you've been sick! I'm glad you've been getting plenty of rest. I hope a good night's sleep brings complete healing. :hug:

feeling-good 12-16-2016 04:09 AM

Suze - gentle :hug: