Notices

Class of March 2016 part 37

Old 12-19-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hello classies. Hope youse are all good, see? Long day- I am getting frustrated at peoples around me. The ones with everything to lose and either have fried brains or just do not get it or do not give a toss. So many of them do not even pretend to try to improve their lot. There is 1 guy here- wife in recovery (met her at a meeting first time after he went thru here 10 years ago when he was 24). Got a small child- not in either of their care 'cos both in recovery. Wants (?) to get family back. What money he has he spends on gambling and anything with sugar and fags. But he does not worry too much because mummy always bails him out. The same one who cares for his child. He is 34. Relapsed 2 times since being here. Even gets people to steal tokens for him from meetings. WT..? Frustrating. Not my problem, not my journey. I cannot help thinking there is someone out there desperate to get into this program. Up to a 6 month waiting list (was for me). Go figure.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get it, but in end sometimes it's all I can do to keep my own sidewalk clean PJ.

D
Old 12-19-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Morning class! Morning PJ!! People are frustrating....but if you just keep doing what you're doing you will absolutely have a positive impact on many lives...some I'm sure you'll never even know about.

Starting Monday with some goals for the week....

- stay sober
- eat well
- meet my step goal every day
- meditate every day
- limit time checking emails and texts when not at work (maybe I will set two times in the evening to do this)
- do something outdoors every day (no matter how cold)

I was thinking about yesterday and the massive craving I had. I didn't crave alcohol - I craved disappearing. A lot of the things on the list above have been a part of my life when I am successfully sober and a lot of these things have been missing from my life for the past while. So time to up my game again!

Happy Monday!
Old 12-19-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

With you Guru
Old 12-19-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Therapy tonight. I must not be as crazy as I once was (debatable) I only go twice a month now instead of every week. Progress! I actually like going. Who'd have thought. I fought going, just like AA. Then they become parts of my life that I really look forward to.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Checking in! Need to STEP IT UP. Lost the fight last night. No excuses. Not going to disappear!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Old 12-19-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Morning all! Day 5. Have a lot of last minute shopping to do this week, as well as all of my wrapping. I am so used to wrapping gifts while drinking wine so will need to have a plan in place. Maybe wrap in morning instead of evening?

Hugs, AK. Good for you for not disappearing. We're all in this together, through the ups and downs.

Have a great day class!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

snowpeople making angels- without any real arms?
Old 12-19-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Apple - I'm so glad you aren't going anywhere. We need you here as much as you need to be here.

Ladybug - I finished my wrapping. I chose not to wrap if it was baggable. Picked up inexpensive, cute bags at Big Lots. I have never done this before. I drank vanilla tea. It was really good.

Phoenix - you always notice the little things. Snow men making snow angels. How very cute.

Samantha - You are sounding chipper this morning. (how'd you like that word - I sound like a man from 1950's)
Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

And Bobbie you're the bees knees....lol
Old 12-19-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hey Class. Just thought I'd check in. I'm sober and doing well. Crazy busy...Can't believe how quickly Christmas has come this year. Love you guys xxxx
Old 12-19-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back applekat.

I hope everyone has a good, sober Xmas week

D
Old 12-19-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home from work with a Hot Chocolate Tea. Checking in on my way home and tea are two other things that have fallen off my radar as of late. So I am reinstituting some of what worked during previous sobriety periods.

So far from my list of goals from this morning I am doing well. I have decided I will check my emails at 5pm and 7pm ONLY....we will see how successful I am. Lol. I think if I practice enough it will just become a habit.

Apple - glad you're here and right back at it. Proud of you ❤❤

Mish -happy to see you!

Well off I go...will be back later!!
Old 12-19-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hell-o all 4.5 hours non crap sleep.
Growing sense of awareness- SR and the March help. B- do Bees HAVE knees?
Sam- how are you farig-and what is the weirdest tea in your pantry? How are you AK? Mish and LadyB. and Dee and everybody- stay warm and have lots of chicken soup (made with love).
Is the worst bowl of tasting chicken soup - I mean it is bad- really bad, but made with love better than a really great tasting one- made with minimum wage?
Old 12-19-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

PJ - I am fairly quite nicely. The weirdest tea in my pantry is probably Ginger Pear.....odd flavours to put together. Also I would take the bad soup made with love.

Speaking of soup - what's everyone's favorite kind? Mine is either Italian Wedding or Beef and Barley. Yumm.....now I want soup.....
Old 12-19-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Ginger pear actually sounds right- perhaps with chilli. There was a lady at the final of my lifestyle change course- guest speaker about brain health and addiction. Apparently people do get addicted to chilli.
My fav. soup was 'gra yecham'. Lots of bacon or ham bones- vegies, plus pearl barley type stuff. And garlic.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I made a really good vegetable one for me and my daughter over the weekend. Paleo and all. It was amazing. What is Italian Wedding soup? Phoenix, I don't know. Bee's Knees sounds good though.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

I think it is a soup that uses wedding attire as stock- made in Italy. Kind of a designer soup.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Italian Wedding Soup is meatballs, spinach and orzo pasta based in chicken broth. To make it Paleo you could just leave out the pasta and maybe add some extra veggies like carrots and celery.....