Notices

Class of March 2016 part 37

Old 12-08-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

9 does sound like a good age. A little more mature perhaps, but not quite a tween.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really mad at addiction this week and all the wonderful people it touches. I'm sorry CH.

Applekat
I don't like Game Of Thrones, can't stand Walking Dead and never got into Harry Potter.

D
Old 12-08-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Met with my sponsor tonight. Skipped AA, my ear is killing me.
We went over step two and surrendering my addiction to my higher power as opposed to fighting it. For the next 30 days I am to say the step 3 prayer everyday.

I'm with you Dee. Pretty fed up with addiction. However, I'm an avid fan of Game of Thrones and absolutely love Harry Potter. Couldn't get into Walking Dead for some reason.

Have a great evening yanks. Great day Aussies. Or rather, g'day.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

It's ok Dee. At least you nicely said you "never got into Harry Potter." Not that you hate it. I'll take it. (Deep breaths.). Lol!! I picture you as a Dumbledore. Bobbie - McGonagall? wise, kind, loyal, but fair.

Shoot. Baby!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Okay what about me....dare I say that Harry Potter has never been my cup of tea??
Old 12-08-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

No, no, no, no! You can't say that.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Gym? CHECK! Bar? NOPE!

Drum lesson went well.....I think my instructor got the hint that I've been leaning toward not doing the recital just yet; he didn't even bring it up tonight. I'm so relieved 'cause it was really stressing me out.

Attended another online meeting this evening & took some notes. Definitely a habit I should stick with!

OK Here goes......Turning in my homework assignment:

Consequences

Negative Consequences of Drinking:
1. Wasted time, energy & money
2. Sick, sick, SICK
3. Harmful to myself physically - inside and out
4. Hangovers from HELL preventing me from moving forward
5. Putting myself and others in danger

Positive Consequences of Drinking*:
1. Temporary feeling of relief ("liquid courage")
2. Really there are none......

Positive Consequences of NOT Drinking:
1. Meeting awesome new friends
2. Able to focus on what's important for the future and ACT on it
3. There's money in my bank account when I don't drink!
4. No embarrassment, guilt or loss of memory
5. I physically feel good and able to function!

FUN ASSIGNMENT!
What is an opinion you hold that would be considered largely unpopular (not political)?

I've never followed the girly shows/books like "Sex and the City" or "Fifty Shades of Grey" (I'm with you Dee as well, never got into those programs that you mentioned earlier) - Although I do love the "Twilight" movies LOL

(I'll put on a Harry Potter movie whenever I have trouble falling asleep!)

And I don't like kids - OK that sounds bad.....I like everyone else's kids.....and my nieces/nephews. Just none for me.....my kids are all four-legged
Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

I read one HP book and kinda liked it but not enough to read the rest, and the movies bored me

D
Old 12-08-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

An opinion- I like people who use public spaces to do unusual, safe, crazy things. Like the guy completely in his own zone (not stoned) just in his undies, in Adelaide's central city public space (Victoria Squ- TRAM LINE, BUSES DIVIDED IN 4 SEGMENTS- WITH TREES/LAWNS ETC) DANCINGING VERY STRANGELY TO HIS OWN BEAT. oR THE PROTESTERS WHO INTERRUPTED THE LAST SITTING DAY OF THE fERDERAL hOUSE OF pARLIAMENT- CLOSING IT DOWN -ABOUT REFUGEES AND GOVT. POLICY cap lock - when security came to remove them- quite a few superglued themselves (together I think).

gAME OF tH- TAKE OR LEAVE. fAV- AT THE MOMENT IS DARK PARODY- POLITICAL AND SOCIAL HUMOUR.
I DO NOT HAVE A CHAIR ,TYPE WITH KEYBOARD ON MY LAP ON THE BED. tHUS CAPS LOCK =I am A 4 FINGER TYPIST- LOOK AT KEYBOARD, NOT SCREEN. Lazy.
A new challenge- proof read.
Done me art- now doing a 1.5 metre square acrylic on canvas of a space I imagine my studio space will look like- with a definite Van Gough style (so my artist in residence tells me). AIR leaves next week to pursue her artistic dreams and got very involved with my project and said she is actually sad to go. Wants posts (by appropriate screened messages for privacy for her at my insistence) by email of how it is progressing. Already thought of a title.

Then done me gym. Given that I started 3 weeks ago- gym lady is suitably impressed. I am doing on average 2.5-3 times the number of reps, weight and time from when I first started. Right arm is doing the same weight as left arm. Just looks weird. I wanted to keep going because I felt good- then little voice told me patience. Not going to do the good is good- more is better thing. Being careful Pulse in right range for my weight/age.
Study going well- staff here (who run outside SMART- not those directly involved in my recovery) have volunteered to help me in role play I have to do- film and submit for assessment. This is because apart from the other loonies here- my family/friends have left me adrift (no blame- just fact) so have no I to ask. So I guess a constructive day. I achieved 3 achievable things by smoko (old term for a tea-break FYI).
thanks for reading all. PJ
Old 12-09-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Dee- I can understand that you don't like GOT. I really do. BUT beware, we all know it- Christmas is coming.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good. Morning! Didn't sleep great....I think I feel the crud coming on Hoping to make today as easy and short as possible. I have DH's Christmas Party on Saturday night....need to come up with a plan to navigate that one.

Happy Friday!!
Old 12-09-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Administrator

great social occasion tips here Sam

Crying Out Now: Thanksgiving Survival Guide

D
Old 12-09-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I'm going to keep that page open on my phone and try to look at it through the night Saturday. My biggest fear is the drink pushers....especially during the holidays. I can say no once, twice but at some point the resistance wears down.

I really liked the line "you don't have to go to every fight you're invited to". If I don't show up to the fight...is there still a fight?
Old 12-09-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hello Samanantha, sorry to hear my guru is crap with the crud. Such a descriptor- 'crud'. Says it all. I make plans every weekend now- I really have to blame Saint Dee for that. His reluctant, patient badgering without doing that (I do it to myself) rings true doesn't it? My plan this w/e is art/g to get a bit of inspiration and check out some brush work technique. Healthy shopping in the market (there is a raw food tour- RSVP- $50 for 40 minutes). Then study and domestics. Of course us colonist convicts are a day ahead of you, so it is Saturday here on my patch in about 2 and a bit hours. Sleep is important- hope you catch up.
Purp- I can imagine you doing metal drums. Perhaps warm up with Metallica- unforgiven Good for burning up frustration. Today in my gym stuff I focused on my year of crap as being burnt away like calories on the walky thing.. What do you think of Phil Collins style of drumming?
B- person up, you realise that HP is pretend time I hope. A comedian (Russel Howard), Brit was saying there is a platform in London which is the run through the post to get to Crudworts. Kids do actually try to run through that post (so he said). But dear B, there are unicorns and rainbows. I know- seen 'em on pencil cases.
Sore ears are crap. I reboot the steps. It seems every time I do so- I just started them for this first time. My sponsor is great. Weird, very creative and talented.
Dee- thanks for your badgering.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Administrator

just keep saying no. You don;t have to say anymore than than that. Think of the longer term rather than the immediate.

You can do this.

D
Old 12-09-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Fun Friday Homework Assignment
If you could be trapped in an elevator with five of your favorite celebrities, who would they be?

1. Slash
2. Shannon Larkin
3. Kellan Lutz
4. Channing Tatum
5. Vince Carter
Old 12-09-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I see too many people in trapped elevators....not near as much fun as what you see in the movies. Lol

I'm weird....I don't have five favourite celebrities. I don't really watch a lot of movies or TV....see like I said....weird.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

That's not weird at all Sam.....just saying, if anyone is the weirdo it's ME!!! Lol Hope you have a fabulous day!
Old 12-09-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Some time alone with people like Michelle Obama, Lawrence Hill, Bernie Sanders, Tracey Morgan and Bill Marriott would be pretty cool
Old 12-09-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Lol, purple, no offense, but if Channing Tatum were trapped in an elevator with you, he'd be on my prayer list. ��