Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 29

Old 02-25-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Glad you are alive ts
Old 02-26-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, Tops, you must be in such pain at the moment. I wish I could help. Thank goodness your daughter is there with you. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery. Please keep us in the loop with your progress, hope the surgery etc is straightforward. This is no way to end your 3rd year of sobriety!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I meant You TS
Old 02-26-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

What a legend.

Tops. You're a true rock n roller.

A bike crash at high speed. Heaps of injuries and you report in to the team.

That's exactly what we need around here.

Commitment.

I'm so happy you made it out. Sober and everything.

Keep us updated on all injuries and progress.

The fools work so much better as a team.

Full respect tops.....
Old 02-26-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Men
Old 02-26-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Too many close calls around here lately......that is quite the story TS. Was the box truck a company truck? I imagined be the road burn to be pretty damn painful on its own. Big Hug to you.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Was the box truck a company truck? I imagined be the road burn to be pretty damn painful on its own. Big Hug to you.
The accident made yesterday's paper, and the box truck, ...a long box delivery truck from a lumberyard, was the one in the picture in the background far, far away from my Suzuki laying on the road a couple lanes over and 80 feet away.
The folks handling it all with the deputies and insurance companies will probably be able to recreate what happened ,....hopefully. The accident report said clearly that I wasn't at fault , and the driver of the truck was at fault.

That's encouraging , because these things can bankrupt a person in a hurry sometime.

Really lucky to have my daughter's mom here helping out,.....to drive me anywhere, as I'm probably not supposed to be driving anyway on any pain killer type meds anyway.

The pain killer meds aren't too awful strong, and I'm alternating them with Ibuprophen so as not to run any chance of developing some mental dependency ,.......

Thanks for all the well wishes y'all !!

My daughter left early today and is scheduled to return sometime Wed. I believe,..

Have a great rest of the weekend. ...and wonderful start to a new week !
Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you have some help right how Tops. Hopefully you won't be on the painkillers for too long.

Obo, I agree with Dee, it's never too late to be the person you wanted to be. Anyway, you're still a youngster - you have bags of time to climb another ladder. I'm 51, and just starting on the first few rungs of another ladder. It's great fun to get started on something new again.

Happy Monday all.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

I hope your healing up ok tops.

Bloody hell mate that's a cracker of a fall.

Thanks freein cheers dee...still in my head a lot.

It's hard work having a baby. Moving countries. Spanking money with nothing coming in. Loans. Jumping jack bites. In laws leaving. I'm exhausted. Went for a surf today to get some peace. Got smashed. Then embarrassed by the kids....

Hope all are well.

Tops. Thoughts are with you mate. Good luck in the hospitals and such. Full speedy recovery!
Old 03-01-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hope the surf was good Obo. Can you stand up on your board? I've only managed to body board through the surf - and that was amazing enough. It's definitely a great stress buster.

I have a treat of a day planned tomorrow. I'm joining my sister and my niece on a spa day at a coastal hotel. I have various odd sounding treatments to look forward to - not sure what they involve, but they have the word "energise" in the description, so they must be worth a go. I'm not sure if seaweed is involved, but I'm prepared to come home a bit smelly if need be.

Tops, hope you're healing daily.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by obosob View Post

Tops. Thoughts are with you mate. Good luck in the hospitals and such. Full speedy recovery!
Thanks for the well wishes everyone !

Sounds like a memorable "energizing " experience coming y'all's way Free,....
Have fun !
Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

It's been a wonderful day, my body is glowing with vibrancy! I've never been covered in algae and wrapped up in tin foil before - but I have to say it was very agreeable.

I'm ending the day with an early night, and an Eckhart Tolle talk. What a day.

Hope everyone else has had a great day too.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

I'm in you guys
Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Administrator

me too. Too hot to do anything, including drinking

D
Old 03-02-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Tops, you're an inspiration! Glad your spirits are high and it sounds like you're managing the pain meds well.

Obos- jealous you can surf. I'm landlocked in the middle of the USA. Who cares if you're not the best at it.

Freein- Sounds like you had a hell of spa day! Rest and relaxation are important!

Hey ya'll, life is good on my end. Still doing this damn thing called sober life. School has started back up, but I'm excited. Today was rather productive too: work, school, gym, cooked dinner, and spoke to my sponsee for an hour on the phone. He is going through some tough times, but has agreed to start working steps. I'm hoping I can help him.

This weekend I'm planning to hang out with some AA friends, dinner with my Dad, watch UFC fights with friends, and a bit of homework. Still in for the bargain!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Count me in too.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Apparently I'm helping to paint the ceilings upstairs today. I've skipped my morning workout because I couldn't face getting up early knowing that the ceilings would be there taunting me.

Eckhart Tolle says that it is a good idea to try to accept the things we need to do, rather than pull away from them. It's all in my head, I know. I'll also have to endure "the Danny Baker Show" on radio 5 Live, as that's OH's go-to painting companion. (Nothing against Danny, but I'd rather listen to music).

I have a quiet 20 minutes while I eat my porridge, so I'm trying to psyche myself up to it. "I love painting"......"I love painting" (It's not working....)

Hope everyone else has a productive and happy day
Old 03-04-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

It's 3.15, and I now have paint on the walls (when it should be on the ceiling), paint on the carpet, paint on the bottom of my trainers (which is how it got on the carpet), and a lot of paint in my hair. I knew it would be bad, but I really didn't predict the total devastation I'm now faced with. How much can you realistically expect from a damp cleaning cloth?
Let the clean up begin!
Old 03-04-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

I once painted the roof of my first home. I felt a warm sticky feeling going down both my legs. I was sitting on the roof. Perched above me was a 4 litre tin of paint. No prizes for guessing the obvious.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Just wanted to drop in for a quick hello. Hope you're all having a great weekend! I went to dinner with my grandfather and father last night and then hung out with some people from AA in a non meeting setting. It's sort of crazy I've been going to these meetings for almost 15 months and am just now hanging out with people, haha. One day at a time I guess.

I just met a friend for coffee and caught up. He has no issues with addiction, but we still chopped it up over life, our perspectives, hopes, troubles, dreams, etc. This recovery stuff is so applicable. I'm so thankful I no longer separate my personal problems from my addiction; what caused me to drink causes me personal demons. Overcoming and learning to mitigate those aspects of myself have been the difference this go around. I'm in for the bargain!

P.S.: I told my friend about this video and I think it can help us all.