Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 29

Old 01-04-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm with you on the season issue UP. I'm craving some sunshine here. I've decided that I need to force myself out of the house at weekends, whatever the weather just to feel the fresh air. I'm not sure the vit D I'm taking is making any difference.

I did notice some bulbs peeping through the soil today, so spring is definitely on its way.

I hope you get some response regarding the mental health services soon. I'm sure that will help no end.

I've just downloaded some gardening podcasts on to my iPod so I can listen to them on the drive to work - hoping for some inspiration before the weekend. Apparently 90 minutes of gardening is akin to a full body workout! Sounds good to me.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

That's news to me free- I might need to garden after all ...

Sorry you're sad up- hope things get rolling soon

I'm 14 days today - dreamed all nite last nite about trying to sneak a drink ... going to meetings everyday ...

Mariah- your cat snuggles sound cozy it's so cold here

Nite, fools
Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Way to go Izzy........we can do this, I do not want to spend one more year where alcohol is a part. This is our year Izzy, & Obo & anyone else here on SR....stay warm Izzy & I am on here everyday in the am & again in evenings which are probably late for you....PM me anytime. .....we will be in the teens tonight here after the snow started melting so will be black ice here tonight & tomorrow. had a close one this am with someone sliding through a red light.

I'm sorry your having a hard time too Up. Big Hug to you!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Stay safe and warm Mariah!

Izzy, great work

Friday tomorrow, I'm in for the Bargain !
Old 01-05-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone !

Just got back in town today for work tonight . Trip to Denver, by way of Tenn. was an epic drive . 3400 miles ( or 5470 km ) roundtrip .
Giant wedding on NYE, and a couple Christmas parties before that. These folks are Lutheran,..... the German connection ( Martin Luther ) may have something to do with their love of drinking !?

Was able to stay with my kid's Aunts/ Uncles most nights of the trip, with one family in a small Missouri town about halfway there . Really nice ( and funny !! ) people .

Sounds like everyone is off to a great sober and healthy 2017 !!!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Izzy- Congrats on two weeks!

Tops- Sounds like a great trip! Did you happen to drive through my home state of Nebraska?

Mariah- I've been making an effort to meditate everyday so far this year. I think meditation and breathing is a great way to find balance. Keep it up!

Up- When did you go nicotine free? It's made me very manic. I hope it passes soon!

Freein- I'm jealous. It was 1 degree here today.

Not much to report back. 9 days from a year, though! Other than that, just settling in at the new job and awaiting school to start again. Oh and I made myself run a mile yesterday. I did in 8:03, so I'm pretty happy. I felt awful afterwards, but I don't want to die hiking in Peru in May. Anyways, in for the bargain!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

How are things tonite up?

Yep Mariah- super cold and snowy - I think we're a little south of you

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Wish you would've passed through Texas top!

Noolan - 9 days! What do you have planned to celebrate?

Bring on the bargain, this is hard but I think I'm finAlly getting what it will take for me to stay sober ... slow learner but grateful for support - one thing I've learned is that I can't do it alone ... I've tried!

Obo - you ok?

Old 01-05-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I second that Izzy late night for me & ready to call it a day.
Have a great Friday Fools!!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello fools.

Noolan, I've only been nicotine free since the beginning of the year. Was able to do the tapering with the patches.

Don't ask izz.
Finally got the mental health people on the phone. Since my doctor isn't associated with their hospital they won't take me. Now I have to find one that works with my insurance, which are mostly those people.

In for the bargain.

"Nothing sucks forever"~ MesaMan
Old 01-06-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend guys - in

D
Old 01-06-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Morning all, no phone here, so contact is hard.

Mower fixed, something about oil pressure, anyway it's under warranty....

Wife has had friends from the UK here for the past 3 days, I'm on my best behaviour.

Need to get a job soon, money is almost out.

UP, congrats on the smokes.

Mariah, I'd love to see some pics.

Freein, I'm in too!

Tops, Noolan, Izzy, Dee, Phoenix, hope you guys are well....!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

That was a long journey Tops. I forget how much space you all have in your country. It's about 1000 miles from Lands End to John o Groats, so I'd have to go back and forth over three times to achieve that mileage (or get very cold and wet of course).

Dee I like your 2017 picture, it's very apt because I'm taking on the garden big time this year. I'm reading up on "square foot gardening" at the moment. I'm hoping to boast the productivity of our veg patch this year, and this system looks quite interesting.

Sounds like everyone's off to a great start for 2017.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Obo, ...that's good they were able to sort out the problem under the warranty period . I purchased a used one almost 2 years ago and it had some problems ( from what my friend told me ) with the switch engaging the blades,....and he ended up putting a separate relay switch on it himself after they couldn't get it working a few times .
I'm trying my best to fire up any gas motors around here at least once a month to the problems I've normally had because of letting them sit idle for too long of a time during the off season .

Motors everywhere.

Pressure washer , scooter , outboard on the skiff , push mower, ...and now for the first time, a riding mower .

Freein , ....square foot gardening sounds like a great idea, ....from the little I've read about it . You've reminded me how I need to prioritize a new fence build this winter !
Deer are so..ooo thick in this area of the island .

Izzy ,... I always forget how far north part of Texas stretches up there almost to Colorado . Never think of snow in Texas , but I guess it's not too unusual where you live . Stay warm and toasty .

Was lucky on the trip out there to avoid anything but some heavy rain here and there, ..... one morning in Kansas cars and trucks had slid off the icey interstate ,...but I was going thru a couple hours later when the wreckers were towing several that had apparently rolled over at high speed.

Whew !?

Off to bring more wood up on the porch today before work. Appears more cold rainy weather is on it's way !!
Barely got the woodburner restarted this morning at 2am after work during another downpour !?!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend .
Old 01-07-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Are you dropping your work hours soon Tops? Sounds like you need a bit more time to play around with all those engines!

Spent much of this morning taking down the Christmas tree and decorations. I know it's a bit late, but it was nice to see the tree for a few days longer. The lounge looks a bit bare now.

Made a gorgeous pesto with pasta this evening. Probably a bit heavy on the garlic, but my goodness it tasted good. Now everything tastes of garlic - even the peppermint tea I'm drinking.

Hope everyone's had a great start to the weekend.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Old 01-07-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I found an easy way to create a URL for photos but still not successful posting here. If you see more post with nothing, it's me trying!!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Are you dropping your work hours soon Tops? .
YES ! ,....and looking forward to it. We get paid on the 15th and last day of the month, so I'm waiting on the Jan. 15th check to start scheduling vacation days at 1 a week which amounts to a 3 day work week until they run out late spring . Will give notice and continue on with 3 day work weeks after that, --- minus health insurance and benefits of vacation days without fulltime "status",

....It will be worth it, since my tiny social security checks start in December of 2018 .
This plan, of course is all predicated on if I live that long,....

The description of your pesto is making me hungry !
Old 01-07-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Keep trying Mariah !

You're light years ahead of me on the interwebs navigations .
Old 01-07-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Too big
Old 01-07-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl