Notices

Class of December 2016 Support Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good Morning all.
So I have managed to get 8 days in the bank and starting on day 9 today.
Feeling agitated for some reason this morning. This is not a great way to start out the day. Maybe I should make a gratitude list.

I don't have to drink today.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me...abit down about how hard it feels, shows how far down the rabbit hole I was, feel really restless and anxious....other than that all is well. Hope everyone else is doing well
Old 12-06-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi. It's me. Again. I joined SR in June. Have been part of June, August, October classes. Never made more than a few days.

This time it's different. Alcohol no longer has an effect on me. I used to get hangovers or sleep badly. Now if i drink, i sleep fine and am not hungover and it scares me how much I can drink.

I want to stop before I damage my health. It's bedtime here and Day 2 will start in the morning. Today I saw some liver detox pills. Might get some. It's also an incentive not to drink.

Goodnight all! It's nice to be back and I will catch up with the thread later. BTW do we have a cool name yet?
Old 12-06-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hello fellow SR's!

I'd like to join even though I am joining a bit late. I have been remaining sober for two days now. I am wondering when I am going to feel better. I have not got out of bed at all and yesterday was a bad recovery day. I keep trying to remind myself its good to heal.

I am going to catch up with everyone's posts. Happy Tuesday.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by asixstringnut View Post
Hello all.
Day 7 for me today. Thanks to the help of this site and many great people.
I am taking antabuse to help me over the hump.

Thanks for the support

asixstringnut
Hey, asixstringnut I was always recommend people be wary of taking antabuse. In my state, drs won't prescribe it, you have to get a court order to receive this "medication."

Here are some links I found to help you make an informed decision:

https://www.addiction.com/3475/pros-...se-alcoholics/

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pros-cons.html

Addiction Network

Make sure you keep an open line of communication with your dr at all times while taking this medication.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Day one for me today. Looking forward to a healthy, sober festive season.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me but not feeling confident since the weekend is coming up and that's when I end up drinking. Hope you guys don't mind me joining x
Old 12-06-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Welcome new hope I felt better by day 3 and each day a little better than the last
Old 12-06-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lynbee View Post
Joining you.....trying again. I've been drinking a lot the last few weekends and it just seems to be getting worse. I'm so tired and emotional today. My nerves are jangled and my anxiety is through the roof. I don't have any support or anyone to confide in, so I'm going to try to stick close to this thread when the cravings strike. All your posts have given me hope today.
You're not alone lynbee, you got us.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rabbitgirl View Post
Day 10 for me but not feeling confident since the weekend is coming up and that's when I end up drinking. Hope you guys don't mind me joining x
Hi rabbitgirl have a plan for the weekend staying around sr, staying home, getting rid of alcohol out of the house. Get yummy soft drinks and treat food in for the weekend DVDs reading exercise whatever works for you
Old 12-06-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Welcome Emma! I'm looking forward to a sober and festive season too.

Thanks for the words of encouragement RATL. My tummy is still quite upset but I managed to get some zero noodles and broccoli to stay down (or lets hope ::crosses fingers: I couldn't stop vomiting yesterday and was unable to keep anything down.

I do have benzos but they don't seem to be helping at all. I'm going to get up and try to hide all the empties.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hey Vin I remember u as well. Welcome! . Day 6. Feeling good today..
New Hope I usually feel Normal after 5 days.. Better after 3. I guess it would depend how much and how long you've been drinking ..in my case I'm a binger.. So I'm usually drinking for several days (3-5) 24/7. Never been an everyday drinker.. But when I do decide to drink ..a lot of the times it ends up in a bender. I hope u feel better soon. Make sure to drink a lot of water and take vitamins with what little food u do keep down. Have a great day all!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hello to everyone in the class! The weekend looms ahead but let's all take it a day at a time and stand together. We can all be right here on our journey come Monday morning if we make that a priority! Never plan to fail, plan your SUCCESS! Plan NOW!

All of you inspire me. From the long-timers to the short-timers to those that have failed yet dusted themselves off to give it another go! I am with you, our paths may be different but our destinations are the same. SOBRIETY!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Long time since I've posted here but I'm going to throw my hat back in the ring.

I've neglected my sobriety work recently and instead focused on occasional drinking with the first proper new friends I've made in years.

Alas, it culminated in a nasty bender last week that involved 6 days of constant drinking. I'd not been to that level for a while I was so bad on the day I stopped (Sunday) I had to go to the ER. I genuinely thought I was going mad and refused to stop drinking. So I'm now on an ativan taper.

Our NHS doesn't usually do this, and offers very limited further support direct, so instead I'm off to a new local addiction clinic. I just cannot do this anymore. I'm so sicm and tired of it.

24 now and this binge cycle has been going on since I was 19.

Day 2. Great to see so many of you in here. I look forward to meeting you. December has always been my toughest month, and is a recurrent 'bender time' for me.

Let's get through it together. I already remember some of the names on here.
BBB

P.s what happened to the Android/IPhone app? ��
Old 12-06-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support Cute.

I've been drinking water mixed with NuuN tablets and my noodle/broccoli lunch has stayed down which I am thankful. I can relate to the binge drinking, I'll go without drinking for a few days than I am on a four-five day 24/7 drinking stunt. Sometimes, driving at 6am to the local gas station to spend money I don't have on more beer.

I finished throwing away all of my many, many empties... It was depressing to say the least... and to make matters worse I was exhausted afterward I had to go and immediately lay down again.

Im taking my medications again since I am now sober enough to remember. Here's to another day sober.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post

P.s what happened to the Android/IPhone app? ��
I usually just pull up the website in my Chrome app or other web browser on my on my iphone/ipad.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Night everyone from a windy wild Scotland
Old 12-06-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Working on my 1st 24 hours. Well, this time anyway. Hoping this will be the time it sticks. This is my first experience with an online support forum; just more tools for my tool box.

Thanks for being here!
Old 12-06-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Welcome Healthbar! Everyone here on SR are all super kind.

I am so fatigued.. I feel like one of my kitties that just sleeps all day. Has anyone got any advice on how to get through early fatigue? I'm afraid to drink coffee as my stomach just calmed down.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hello, Friends! Checking in on Day 6......Let's stick close by!