Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hi Trelly and Curtis, welcome to the class. Lots of support here. X
Congratulations on day 3 sixstring. I know the first few days can be rough but it does get so much better. Xx
Stay strong Sunflower, you got this. Big hugs. X
Old 11-30-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 'graduation' guys

Old 11-30-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support Dee. You truly are the best. X
Old 11-30-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

oh thanks Kimmy

D
Old 11-30-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

howdy all, had a little bit of snow here today, nothing stuck, but got everyone excited, and of coarse everyone forgot how to drive, oopses everywhere.

Welcome Trelly and Curtis!

Thinking of you Sunflower and sending strong vibes your way! Keep posting, have you started that journal? Love mine, helps me keep things straight.

Finished up day 15, feeling like I might actually stay sober this time around, that is my plan anyway.

Badge
Old 11-30-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

How are you doing Sunflower?

Winding down Day 3. Phew!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Welcome Trelly and Curtis! Day 5 almost in the books for me, and I'm feeling confident so far. Definitely still on that emotional rollercoaster though. My AV has been in check, it's the overthinking and regret that seem to consume my brain. In time, I know it will pass! Stay strong everyone, and thank you for all of your support.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmy2002 View Post
Thanks for all the support Dee. You truly are the best. X
i ABSOLUTELY second that xx
Old 11-30-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Nic

welcome trelly and curtis - hope you found us after the move

D
Old 11-30-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

22nd day

Got a little late getting here this evening. Had to watch Survivor and then watched a PBS movie.

On the news there was a survey about the health of people that get less than 6 hours of sleep a nite. Well that would be me, but how can you make yourself sleep more than 6 hours a nite. I am always glad if I get those 6 hours. Getting less than 8 hours will supposedly shorten your life, make you susceptible to diabetes and a few other things I don't remember. Today I am just thankful I got through another day without my white wine.

Take care everyone. Peace.😘
Old 11-30-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thecurtis56 View Post
Someone suggested I join this group. This is my first day. Is this where you are suppose to post or did I just reply to a post.
Welcome Curtis
You are in the right place this is the class of November which you are a part of now.
Today is December 1st and id like to thank my classmates for all the wonderful posting it really does help me to stay on track and that all of us are not alone 😊
Old 11-30-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trelly View Post
Good morning everyone. I am on day two and I am so glad that I found this forum. I am in a place where I fee like I have no other options but to quit drinking or die. Monday night, was passed out, in my parking lot with the car still on. And when my wife found me and woke me up, I yelled at her and tried to drive off but thankfully she withstood me and prevented me. This event has traumatized her so that I don't know if she is going to stay with me. Regardless if she does or not, I've never been so determined to let that day be the last day I put alcohol in my mouth again. Only on day two but it feels like I've been reborn.
Trelly
Welcome.....it takes that aha moment to realize you have had enough.....so glad you found that moment
Old 11-30-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Oof. What a day.
So my clothes fit a bit tighter, which is something I never experienced before in recovery. Usually I start losing weight right away. Not this time!
Here I am in front of my laptop surrounded by snacks. Today was a pretty productive day. Bf stayed over and we had a rocky morning. But we got to the bottom of it. I have been way too intense and trying to look for the problems in everything. My moods have been really swinging and they are all encompassing. I almost thought I may be pregnant or something because of the weight gain and the feeling loss of control over my emotions. I really couldn't handle another life change right now.

Anyway, after Bf and I got into a really good place, ate breakfast and had coffee, he put some of my furniture together for me, and I ordered some furniture that I need for my studio. Then I was inspired to totally overhaul the kitchen and I unpacked all of my pots and pans and spices (I recently moved -- again) and labeled everything.

I am trying to keep that 5 things method in mind for anger, and I will try to look up some guided meditation for anger too, I do have iTunes but I haven't used it in ages.....

Speaking of anger, I went from being in a wonderful mood to suddenly very stormy once I started thinking about the Christmas stuff. I got some exercise and laughed at myself a bit for being so irrationally angry. Then I took a breather, and talked to my boyfriend calmly and tried to think of a solution. I do feel proud of myself for that. He feels concerned about my anger. And I really want to work on it. I only recently realized that I have inherited some of my parents' (yes, BOTH) rage. I do not want to be like that.

And I was successful in avoiding my shift drink again. However I did have a Dr Pepper ice cream float
Old 12-01-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thanking you too Dee. We graduated! Now for the PhD.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Dee lightful
Dee p
Dee serving
Dee dicated
Old 12-01-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for all the kind words.

D
Old 12-01-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Greetings fellow travellers.

Just checking in at 2 weeks (14 days) without an alcoholic drink. Drinking lots of other things though - mainly water and black tea with semi skimmed milk. As a diabetic, sugar is a no no.

I do hope that this post finds you all progressing well. For those of you who have had a drink - don't think of it as a failure, but just a blip in an ongoing process. Put it firmly behind you and crack on.

With the holiday season looming, the temptation and pressure to have a drink will most definitely increase, and we will all have to deal with this in the best ways that we can. I have informed my family and friends that I have stopped drinking, because I have had enough of the hangovers and post alcoholic depression - so I'm hoping for some support there.

I'm also hoping to gain some smug satisfaction by seeing the hungover looks on my family and friends who are still drinking, and will undoubtedly overindulge during this period. Mean of me, I know, but..........

Keep the faith fellow travellers. It can be done........
Old 12-01-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Solly
Old 12-01-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

The November group reaches December, woot! I am determined to stay with this group as long as I possibly can. Day 12 here.

It's been interesting hearing people talk about their "AV" (Alcoholic Voice? Right?) as I've realized how incredibly strong mine is. I think about drinking a lot more than I should or than I want to. And even though it's quite active, somehow it doesn't have as strong of a hold on me. However, I'm continually on guard against the fact that life IS going to happen. That being said, I feel like I've dealt with so much over the past month, and even over the past several years, that I'm not sure what bad thing could truly rattle me to the core. I've crawled out of my bottom and I guess I really only see better things ahead at the moment. As long as I don't drink, that is.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 12-01-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 4. Good to see the check-ins!