Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-30-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Good morning

Yesterday, my husband told me he was talking to one of my friends and she was saying how much fun she had with me on Halloween (we were drunk). Then she tagged me in a drinking game on FB. I told her when she came over Sat day that I quit drinking. I guess maybe she didn't take me seriously. Maybe I shouldn't have said it's because I want to get in better shape. I really don't feel comfortable yet telling everyone "I have a problem" but I guess I think that the more raw honesty I can put forth in my efforts, the greater my success will be. I am willing to step out of my comfort zone and risk feeling embarrassed momentarily in exchange for the lessened likelihood of someone tempting me into making a bad decision. I don't have to scream it from the rooftops but I think it's necessary to inform those closest to me of the real reasons I am choosing to do this, and to let them know it's not temporary or negotiable. I hate letting people down but it has to be me first on this.
  # 242 (permalink)  

SMART meeting?

Only a couple hours to decide if I'll attend a SMART meeting. A quick glance at the website didn't give me enough to determine the benefits, so.. I guess I'll go. At the very least I'll take home a paper fortune teller!

*fingerscrossed
  # 243 (permalink)  

Day 11. This is as far as I got my first go-round here, and I already have my evening booked with the regular AA meeting I'm attending, so I think I'm in good shape

I still have bothersome cravings. I still have parts of my brain saying "you know, you could just have a drink in the safety of your home...who's going to know?!" I really need that voice to shut the F up. lol

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 11-30-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Had trouble posting today.

Am feeling inordinately depressed and will only be checking in for accountability. All that really matters is that I stay sober, and wish the same for everyone. You are a great group of people.

I need time out.

Day 30.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Had trouble posting today.

Am feeling inordinately depressed and will only be checking in for accountability. All that really matters is that I stay sober, and wish the same for everyone. You are a great group of people.

I need time out.

Day 30.
Well done on day 30 Steely- I hope you feel better soon x
Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Wow! Love waking up to all these check ins! Steely and Nic 30 Days!!
Keep posting Steely, don't let that AV take advantage of your down mood.

On Day 15 here, I actually made it through grocery shopping yesterday with out to much chatter from my AV.

Will post more later, off to my 12 hr shift, sigh, overtime for christmas!
Badge
Old 11-30-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Wow! Love waking up to all these check ins! Steely and Nic 30 Days!!
Keep posting Steely, don't let that AV take advantage of your down mood.

On Day 15 here, I actually made it through grocery shopping yesterday with out to much chatter from my AV.

Will post more later, off to my 12 hr shift, sigh, overtime for christmas!
Badge
Thanks Badge but only day 16 here for me x steely is at 30 days though
Old 11-30-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Start of day 3 here. I don't have to drink today. I slept a bit better last night.

Have a good AF day out there.

asixstringnut.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Day 16! Have a cold and chest congestion but otherwise feeling pretty good. Having little nagging from my AV but nothing I can't handle at the moment.
Steely, I'm thinking of you and the difficult situation your going through. Sending hugs your way. Xx

Well done to everybody who is clocking up those days.
Have a great day/night everyone. Xx
Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Day 8 today! Feeling more positive today. I'm starting to look forward to checking in here every morning.

Steely - way to go on day 30. I understand the depression that comes with sobriety. It can be overwhelming at times. We are all here to help support you.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Day #3 for me. It was pretty sad last night watching hubby stumble in after having way too many. But that just makes me want to be sober even more.

Congrats to everyone making it through another day. Together we can do this! I'm off to start my work day. Hope everyone has a great day!

I won't drink today no matter what.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abriella View Post
Day #3 for me. It was pretty sad last night watching hubby stumble in after having way too many. But that just makes me want to be sober even more.

Congrats to everyone making it through another day. Together we can do this! I'm off to start my work day. Hope everyone has a great day!

Watch the movie called Smashed... It's about wife who quits and hubby who doesn't. Pretty good flick.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Smile newbe

I am new to this site. Hopefully this is the right place to say Hi.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Day 5. Sleep was not that great last night but I'm feeling good today.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Help

I am really struggling today. Got finished with work early and my AV is trying to convince me to grab lunch and a glass of wine. I don't want to do it. It's that "one last time" bs and it's killing me.
I am going to go eat since it's noon and I haven't eaten yet.then I have a 2.5 hour drive home. I have tons of recovery podcasts to listen to. I am sure I will feel better afterward I eat and just get on the road, I just need to stay away from any place that sells wine. Help please...
Old 11-30-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abriella View Post

That is so hard but yes I am sure it is motivating. You are doing great! Keep it up
Old 11-30-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Sunflower

Play the tape through.
Say to self, I can drink, but not right now. Maybe later
Then later, after work, tell self; I can drink, maybe later, but not right now.
And later, tell self, I can drink but not today, maybe tomorrow.
And say that all again tomorrow.
You can do this! Everytime you tell your AV this, you will get stronger and sooner or later she will stop hounding you.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Day 1

Someone suggested I join this group. This is my first day. Is this where you are suppose to post or did I just reply to a post.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thecurtis56 View Post
Someone suggested I join this group. This is my first day. Is this where you are suppose to post or did I just reply to a post.
Hi!
You've posted in the right place. Welcome! 😊
Old 11-30-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I am really struggling today. Got finished with work early and my AV is trying to convince me to grab lunch and a glass of wine. I don't want to do it. It's that "one last time" bs and it's killing me.
I am going to go eat since it's noon and I haven't eaten yet.then I have a 2.5 hour drive home. I have tons of recovery podcasts to listen to. I am sure I will feel better afterward I eat and just get on the road, I just need to stay away from any place that sells wine. Help please...
You can do this, Sunflower!!!
I also feel better after I've eaten, it really does ease the anxiety. You've already been through your "one last time", time to go forward. *hugs*