Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 34

Old 12-09-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and a Happy Friday!

Cold but bright and sunny here. I love it. Last night was the big 'la de da' style fund raiser at school. Not my favorite thing but I know how to roll with it and there is no alcohol. Now if I can figure a way out of the chamber's annual gala....a bit fancy for my taste and champagne soaked......

Well I'm looking kind of scrappy so off for a haircut. I guess it's time to give up the mountain man look. Not much to report as my big decision today is what kind of soup or stew to make.

Wishing each of you the best weekend.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Cold here, too, Mark. Perfect day for soup or stew.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning/night, all.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

night Leigh - have a good weekend guys

D
Old 12-09-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Definitely perfect weather for it! We're having chili and cornbread. Yum! And I've got a ton of Meyer lemons begging to turn into bundt cake. That'll mean a trip to the store...brrrrrr. I used this recipe last year and it turned out beautifully.
Happy Birthday Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe for Bountiful Cookbook ? White on Rice Couple

I've got a sober week or so under my belt and feel so much better in every way... Just sayin cuz I'm so grateful for the weight off of my shoulders and I know y'all understand. I hope I don't ever forget again.

And I hope each of you is having a great start to the weekend!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi, Mark, Dee and conquest.

Conquest, your lemon Bundt cake recipe looks fabulous - have to get a new Bundt pan!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Dee, Suze and PhoenixJ, have a great day.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

So very glad to hear that you're feeling good Conquest huny.

And hello darling Leigh, and phoebe and Mark and Dee.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi, sweet Suze!!!!!

Can't wait for you to get back to the USA!!!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

How are you Suze?
Old 12-09-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Chili and cornbread sounds so good Conquest. As does the lemon cake. Alas I've failed at getting a lemon tree to live here.

And what's this Suze, you're to be settling here in the US? That's great! May require a different winter wardrobe than Melbourne. . It's funny that here I am wishing I could make a living in NZ! I really enjoyed the people there and it was funny that they thought I had an accent, I'd need a new wardrobe too.

Hi Leigh, phoebe and Dee!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yes Mark love, you do have an accent.
And yes, I am going to be living there soon.
And married....pretty amazing huh?

We already know where we are going to live...we looked at some apartments, and Nick knows what we want....it's easy for us, we have exactly the same taste.

I'm felling a lot better Conquest....just missing Nick terribly.
But as I just told Leigh on the phone, it's going to be a maximum of four months now.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Saturday.

Yes Suze, your news qualifies as amazing in my book for sure. I've never been to Ohio. There are so many places to go within a day's drive from there. Maybe you and Goat can do a grand transamerica road trip some time.

I've been thinking a bit about the class members that've been away for some time. My thought is that they are doing fine and it was just time to move on. Wishing each of them the very best.

This beautifully frosty morning I'm enjoying my second cuppa then it's gym time. Afterwards I plan to make a big pot of beef stew. So many recipes call for red wine and a few for beer. It wouldn't worry me so much to eat some that had been cooked already, but I'm gonna keep looking for a recipe without either. I do not want to wrap my hand around a bottle of beer for sure!

And as a side note, I've been working in shutterfly each evening organizing my 400 or so pics from the trip and adding captions, editing etc.. Then all of a sudden these pop ups start covering the screen and I can't get rid of them. It's infuriating.

Have a great day!
Old 12-10-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Grrrr, pop-ups! Lol. Can't wait to see more pics!

I've been thinking a lot about the others too. Many may have just moved on. Some are back at it on SR in other groups. And I hope any others that are struggling find the help that will really last, because I know they aren't truly happy when drinking. Sobriety is so much better

A little self-reflection time with my coffee this morning...On the outside, I hid this last relapse very well... A working professional, newly in love, proud bonus mom, that can handle it all with a light-hearted laugh and a smile. But on the inside I was torturing myself, trying to find a way to relieve anxiety... Last week, someone posted about a night of just making sure that drinking wasn't for them anymore. The poster was confident that having one evening of drinks after some good recovery time only proved that sobriety was the right choice and that it wouldn't happen again. Well, that was my exact mindset months ago. And it slowly, painfully became a daily thing again, even though I hated the taste, the detachment, and the ilness that it unfailing brought. It's just mind-blowing that I talked myself into drinking again. So...yes. Find a recipe without beer or wine, Mark! Lol

Enough with the yesterdays. Today, I am enjoying a super chilly Saturday of shopping, wrapping, and catching up on shows. I'm totally hooked on This is Us and can't wait to catch up.

Oh, Suze! You'll be in Ohio, correct? When I think of Ohio, I think of my best friend growing up. She was from there and would always say that the thing she missed most after moving to Texas was "snow cream". Whenever they'd have a big snow, her grandma would scoop up a bowl-full off the top, the freshest part. And then they'd drizzle sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup on top. I always thought that sounded like so much fun!
Old 12-10-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that Conquest. I found it most helpful to read and I'll bet you did as well while posting. I've no doubt that I would in short order return to my old habits if I drank again. When I was overseas and could have easily 'cheated' it never was more than a fleeting thought. This morning though as I researched recipes I became somewhat agitated with myself after my mind wandered. I could feel the cold bottle in my hand and my mouth actually watered! The blessing in it all is that those instances are ever more rare, the lesson in it for me is to actively shut down or distract myself immediately when those thoughts creep in.

I like your turning of the page from the yesterdays to the today. It's wonderful to think about the future for you (and Suze).

As a lad, in my neck of the woods it would snow maybe two inches every other year or so and it was so special. We did similar to your friend from Ohio except my mom used vanilla instead of chocolate. I thought there was nothing better. Thanks for bringing back such an innocent memory.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello, dear ones.

Loved the posts above!!!!!!

Love to all.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I think about Arbor as well, and hope he is alright, and BD as well.
I'm in contact with Briar.

Too sleepy still to post properly ~ just love and good morning for now. ♡
Old 12-10-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I think about Arbor, Briar and BD, too; hope they are well and happy.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning sunshine! I hope your day is fantastic, Suze!

I'm all caught up with my show, just staying warm with the pup. If I get the courage to face the cold, I would like to thin out some radishes that we're growing. It's just so windy that the cold cuts right through you! Brrr.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Looks like it's 12 celsius there today love, that's cold for you guys. Especially with a strong wind.

Not so cold for me anymore though, I got used to Ohio temps.