Class of October 2014 Part 34

Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It's going to be a good day I think.
I think so, too.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I've never been to the west coast, but have always wanted to. Enjoy every bit, Suze! I'd love to see your pics too.
Would Instagram work, Mark?

I've got a house full of kids coming today, little cousins and a neighbor kiddo...What were we thinking?! It's chilly and rainy so we'll have to figure out someway to keep them occupied. I'm hoping they'll be just as excited as I am to put on some Christmas movies and decorate the tree... It's my cozy ideas vs. PlayStation 4. Let the battle begin! Lol
But first, a cup of tea.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ah yes, a hot cuppa in my hand here as well on this day of drizzle.

Thanks for the site suggestions re the photos, I'll check them out. Someone else suggested shutterfly.

And you're right Leigh, that was a very personal sort of journey for me. I had hopes to view a small yet significant grouping of stars called the southern cross (never visible from here at home). The skies there were moody and each evening there was cloud cover that prevented me from checking off this last item on my 'must do' list. On my last night I decided to use the skyview app to see where the grouping would be if I could see it and to be content with that......then I slept with the curtains open 'just in case'. In the wee hours before dawn I rolled over and the skies had cleared. I walked out to the balcony and there it was in all its glory...the Southern Cross! It whispered things into my heart I needed to hear. . I was up at dawn to prepare for my flight and the sky was completely cloudy with a little rain.

Oh wow what a great day you've got ahead Suze! Like Leigh I really enjoyed Carmel. Especially seeing the sites along 17 mile drive. Dress in warm layers and have fun.

You're a brave lady Conquest. I imagine those kids will have a ball. I hope you'll enjoy a bit of Christmas spirit as well.

And Leigh, as I sort my pics later this weekend I'll select a few favorites and share them in an album on my SR page .

Have a great day gang......gym time.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Ah yes, a hot cuppa in my hand here as well on this day of drizzle.

Thanks for the site suggestions re the photos, I'll check them out. Someone else suggested shutterfly.

And you're right Leigh, that was a very personal sort of journey for me. I had hopes to view a small yet significant grouping of stars called the southern cross (never visible from here at home). The skies there were moody and each evening there was cloud cover that prevented me from checking off this last item on my 'must do' list. On my last night I decided to use the skyview app to see where the grouping would be if I could see it and to be content with that......then I slept with the curtains open 'just in case'. In the wee hours before dawn I rolled over and the skies had cleared. I walked out to the balcony and there it was in all its glory...the Southern Cross! It whispered things into my heart I needed to hear. . I was up at dawn to prepare for my flight and the sky was completely cloudy with a little rain.

Oh wow what a great day you've got ahead Suze! Like Leigh I really enjoyed Carmel. Especially seeing the sites along 17 mile drive. Dress in warm layers and have fun.

You're a brave lady Conquest. I imagine those kids will have a ball. I hope you'll enjoy a bit of Christmas spirit as well.

And Leigh, as I sort my pics later this weekend I'll select a few favorites and share them in an album on my SR page .

Have a great day gang......gym time.

What a blessing - a moment that will stay with you, always . . . perhaps, words to guide your future.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Greetings, Octsobers.

Sending love to all.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all (except good morning, Dee).
Old 12-03-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That gave me goosebumps, Mark! What a golden moment. Those are the instances that make life so worth the ups and downs for sure. And I can't wait to see pics!

Well... The ps4 barely beat out my Christmas ideas. The three boys played video games while the lone princess and I put up the tree, drank hot chocolate, colored, and watched Elf. It was a very sweet day and I'm ready for one of the best parts, sober sleep. It's a true treasure.
Gnight all!
Old 12-04-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
That gave me goosebumps, Mark! What a golden moment. Those are the instances that make life so worth the ups and downs for sure. And I can't wait to see pics!

Well... The ps4 barely beat out my Christmas ideas. The three boys played video games while the lone princess and I put up the tree, drank hot chocolate, colored, and watched Elf. It was a very sweet day and I'm ready for one of the best parts, sober sleep. It's a true treasure.
Gnight all!

Hi, conquest. Sober sleep is the absolute best - who knew!!!!
Old 12-04-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Have a great day/night, all.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I succeeded in getting a few pics into an album on my SR page. If you select a pic and scroll through I included a few words on each. I've sent you a friend request Conquest as I have my privacy settings to allow access only for those on my friends list.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I got to take a quick look at your pics, Mark. Wow! You're definitely not in Texas anymore! I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip. What a beautiful tribute to your hard work and encouragement for continued health.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

HA! Mark, I wander about so I can learn from the threads. You did not disappoint me. Because of what you said just above, I learnt how to post some artwork on my profile bit which I did not know about. Been trying to crop the damned things to post= thanks. PJ
Old 12-05-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well hello PhoenixJ,

My kids would get a big laugh out of thinking anyone learned anything tech-related from me.....but I manage!

When I post pics in a thread I often use 'tinypic' to resize it before posting. This usually works pretty well.

I hope to visit your neck of the woods one day.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wow! Mark, those pictures are gorgeous! That footbridge...****{shudder******!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe,

Like mine, your gang has a nice Christmas break just around the corner. We're ready for it. My oldest daughter has been on an advanced track and will graduate this month. She'll start college (a couple of courses locally) in January. I can't believe it.

I hope the school year is treating your kiddos well.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Wow! Congratulations to your dd, Mark! Mine is just a Junior. She is having a good year and we are exploring possibilities for the future. She is thinking of sciences and math related fields, possibly pharmacy. She has looked at 2 colleges.

The kids are out the 26th through the 2nd. Since Christmas Eve is on a Saturday, they have school on the 23rd.

We just decorated our Christmas tree last night. We still need to put out the other decorations and the outside lights. When we have to travel on Thanksgiving weekend, it puts us behind on decorating.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

((Phoebe)) It's so impressive to hear that your daughter already has career goals mapped out. I had no clue until I was in my early twenties! Good for her (And you, too!).

That winter break sounds awfully short. Here, the kids are out for over two weeks. By New Year's, everyone is stir-crazy and ready to get back at it. I'll be able to work from home while jr is with us. So I'm excited for the time with him. He's at the age where he wants to believe in Santa, even though he's questioning a lot...too cute.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Catching up makes my heart sing. ❤️
Old 12-07-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone.

Haven't had much time to posts these past few days; hope to catch up with everyone this weekend.

Love and goodnight.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Leigh

D