Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 181

Old 11-22-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Thanks Kris and PJ. I do exercise daily, but I think I need a bit more, much earlier in the day--and especially need to find a way to relax. My body is probably trying to heal itself and is completely out of sorts so time is my friend, too. . I am so happy and blessed to have friends like you to walk me through this.

Xo
Old 11-22-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I love you with all of my heart Nick. The answer is yes, absolutely yes ~ now and forever. ♥
Congratulations and best wishes!!!!
Old 11-22-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

RB- walking is good. Walking with friends is better.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Mr

Im in.
France 04h00.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Checking in on Day 5. 11.07am here in Australia xxx
Old 11-22-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Dearest Bill,

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH ~ I have been incredibly sad to let you and all of my friends down.

But....it looks like you are going to be stuck with me....as soon as possible I will be living here.

I know, crazy right? Who wants to leave Australia?
Well, this is some delightful news. You will be living in the U.S.!

If it's Ohio, I have to tell you I thought Ohio was one of the most beautiful places. Not sure which town/city, but I loved the whole darn state. I spent three days in Cleveland with my husband once which we still talk about even 10 yearss later. Then we went to Cincinnati and that was super fun too. We kept saying..."why-0 why-o why-o did we ever leave Ohio....corny old saying but we laugh every single time. Even talked about moving there it was so pretty.

Well, wherever you live here in our country will be a better place because of it.

I would like 24 more hours please btw.

Love,
Lillian
Old 11-22-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Welcome Robert and Swtpea.
Thanks vman I'm so ready to be here😊
Old 11-22-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Exercise will bring your BP down.

De-stress and it will definitely!

Love you Friend.
Suze:
As to health issues, it just occurred to me that there is talk about repealing the Affordable Care Act (called derisively by some "Obamacare"). This statute prohibits denial of coverage due to "preexistent illnesses". I would think it important for you to make sure that you get coverage (i.e. are married, etc.) and have adequate health insurance coverage prior to any repeal or modification of this U.S. law. I'm sure that Nick can help with this and, if necessary get a quick and dependable legal answer. A priority matter I would think in these uncertain times. There is another issue of possibility of retaining dual citizenship. It might come in handy if the U.S. self destructs, as Madam Justice Ginszberg has recently suggested, a contingency which no one wishes to happen.

Bill.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Venus cat
Suze: See the issues I discuss in my previous post to Kris47.Good luck and good night.

Fondly,

Bill.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I got my 1 Month chip tonight. And I was warmly loved and supported by my group. My pride and ego make it difficult to admit my relapse, but now there's no reason to hide the secret (not that they weren't already aware of my "going back out" after my extended absence from the meetings). I'm free and loved. One month sober and staying that way, at least for the next 24.

Congratulations again Nick and Suze!!!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good evening,

5 days off---hooray!

I am feeling very run down, and my blood pressure is up. Doctor is concerned. Me too. More reasons to stay sober. With the holidays coming up, I am going to stay focused on health and happiness.

I can't wait until I have a lot of sober time and feel good again. Maybe it will be sooner than I think! Work stress has been hard on me, and I will be off a lot over the next month . I have a lot of physical work to do getting my house painted and moving my stuff..so maybe I will be brand new very soon.

Have a great night or day

Red
Healthy thoughts your way red....Happy Thanksgiving 😊
Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm with the group .... SO happy for you guys, Suze & Nick. Your love story, here on a sober recovery internet site, could be the next "You Got Mail" , " An Affair to Remember" ( movie Rosie & Meg were crying over) ?? A love story of today!

Awwww ..... I'll check in for the next 24 while I'm at it.
Bobbi
Old 11-22-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=DaneK;6218492]I got my 1 Month chip tonight. And I was warmly loved and supported by my group. My pride and ego make it difficult to admit my relapse, but now there's no reason to hide the secret (not that they weren't already aware of my "going back out" after my extended absence from the meetings). I'm free and loved. One month sober and staying that way, at least for the next 24

Great news Dane!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

7:56 in California and a late check in for another 24. The weather was beautiful here today.

I braved the lines at Costco to get ready for Thanksgiving, we had to park on the Babies R Us parking lot which is adjacent to Costco, my daughter asked "Could you park any further away?" I responded actually, there is one spot further I can try for." Teen years are going to be fun!

Love all the Suze and Nick posts, so very exciting. Congratulations again!! Can't wait to hear all about the details of the move, and upcoming wedding.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-22-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Dane - a good effort. I take it you have something to do with oil- rigs? Your avatar. Lots of drinking- probably not onsite- but on days off with that culture? Not that it matters- every industry, workplace has alcohol somewhere in the main. So well done. I like chips- they are shiny and gives me something to remind myself I am doing something about the booze.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Dane - a good effort. I take it you have something to do with oil- rigs? Your avatar. Lots of drinking- probably not onsite- but on days off with that culture? Not that it matters- every industry, workplace has alcohol somewhere in the main. So well done. I like chips- they are shiny and gives me something to remind myself I am doing something about the booze.
I used to work on offshore rigs. I did that for about eight years until I lost my job. I work at a grocery store now. I miss the oilfield, but I am happy to be home every night. In regards to the drinking, I drank alcoholicly before I started offshore. Offshore gave me a break away from my drinking. That's not why I began to work out there, but getting away from the booze was certainly an advantage. Of course once I'd get home from the rig I'd make up for lost time.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Holy poo! I finished day 10. this is huge for me! Love you guys. Thanks for the support. also I know I'm a day late but congrats to the happy couple!! 24 more please
Old 11-22-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I used to call the rig my "seahab," because it physically got me away from drinking. And you're right - there is no booze (or drugs) out there. But there was no recovery out there either.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

another 24 please
Old 11-22-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of peace? Thank you.