Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 11-12-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates. Beautiful Fall Saturday morning in my little corner of the world. Glad to be here.

Don't drink! It's stupid!!!
Old 11-12-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone! Happy Sober Saturday to you all!

Welcome Pelagic! You've got this!! Keep posting.

Keep doing what you're doing Emzeh, day 7 will be here before you know it!

Have fun at the wedding bblackbirdflyy. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Miramira -- write/post as much as you need to! You're story is so familiar to me. We are in the right place, and I believe we are have a lot of life to enjoy in the future! I have 9 year old triplets, and I tried to quit drinking for them 5 years ago, but I was not ready. This time, it's for me!

Welcome Jazzfish!

rah55 Congrats on day 6! MidnightRider stay close to SR and do not take that first drink!! I will be here a lot today and tomorrow (football is my beer drinking time)

Way to go on day 5 Illuminate! I wouldn't be able to go to a social event with alcohol right now, but if you do and you have a thought of drinking, get out of there! Have fun and be careful!

Truthbetold, congrats on day 13! I cancelled 2 trips 8 days ago when I realized that I couldn't have 1 more drink. Although, I did get refunded I know it will be a hard when it comes time that I am suppose to be on those vacations. Hang in there!

Michah, Yay on day 6!! Love all your encouraging words to everyone!! You too, CaseyW, you inspired me to try to acknowledge as many as I can personally. I think it is very awesome of you. How'd did you sleep? I can't wait to get some amazing sleep!!

I want 24 more hours! I really love waking up sober. Even when I wake up like I did today, with a headache, my chest hurts (could be from smoking too much) and stuffy, it is still better than a hangover!!

Have a wonderful day/evening!!!
Old 11-12-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning classmates. Beautiful Fall Saturday morning in my little corner of the world. Glad to be here.

Don't drink! It's stupid!!!
I love this! Keep it simple! I saw somewhere someone said, "I have never woken up and regretted NOT drinking the night before."
Old 11-12-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

i heard a guy at a meeting once that went to a wedding after 8 yrs sobriety. they passed out glasses for a toast. he had to leave.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

The support in this class is so encouraging! Such great advice and kind words are so nice to see :-) I'm so happy to be here!

Unfortunately, I must start again at day 1. I know I do better when I check in every day, but my depression really sucked me in this week.

I too (not sure who else said this) am estranged from my daughter because of my drinking. It's painful, and most of the time, I can deal with it but the holiday season is the absolute worst time for me.

After looking at my plan, I realized don't have anything in there for when I get depressed. It could be time to get back to my therapist, but I know it's the drinking that keeps me depressed. Any suggestions? (I know, don't drink :-) )

Today I feel good. Optimistic and ready to begin again. I have so much to do to keep me busy today. Just need some help to stay on track....
Old 11-12-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

6th day, drank a gallon of herbal tea last night. Friday is movie night and a real trigger for me, but I made it through the night without my favorite white wine. Still not sleeping through the night and dreaming really stupid stuff very depressing. This morning I woke up with no hangover such relief, however I was remorse with regret about my many years of drinking and they were many years. Reading today's post helped me realize I am not the only one with remorse, that helped somewhat, but I am still wanting to kick myself. Have a couple of things on my agenda that need to get done. I plan to make it through the weekend without my glass of wine. Thank you each an everyone of you on this thread you and your stories are my hope. 😘
Old 11-12-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Optimistic, sounds as though you know exactly what to do. Time is a great healing factor. Give your daughter time, perhaps she will change her mind in time. Good thoughts are with you through our journey. Take care.😊
Old 11-12-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 7 starting here. Glad to be back at that week mark. One day at a time, right?

Going out to lunch with a friend in a bit, work this late afternoon/evening. No other plans for the day.

Enjoy the show, Emzeh. Assuming you've got a smartphone, remember that SR is right there in your pocket if those thoughts of drinking creep in. I won't lie--I don't really understand the existence of a Thin Lizzy tribute band since as far as I know they only had two songs. Are they just going to play "Jailbreak" and "The Boys Are Back in Town" over and over? Just kidding. Have fun!

Glad you've decided to be more present here, Pelagic. I can totally identify with the whole changing from vodka to wine, etc., rationalizations that our addiction makes. Truly crazy thoughts, eh?

Thank you for sharing, Miramira. I can identify with every single one of those drinking situations you mention from your past. Good thing is we don't have to live that way today. It's important we remember the past so we don't repeat our mistakes, but also important we live in the present. Steer clear of that first drink and you can never have the second or third or tenth one. You can do this! WE can do this!

I'll start sleeping an extra hour on your behalf, Applekat, because that's the kinda nice guy I am. Have a wonderful sober Saturday, my friend.

I'll extend my sympathies to your husband one more time, Samantha. Enjoy the craft show.

So happy you joined us, jazzfish. We've got a great group forming here. Stick close, ask for help, help others, don't drink. We're stronger together!

Glad you got those thoughts out there, MidnightRider. Post once a minute if that's what it takes. Think that drink through to the bitter end, to all those awful moments and feelings that made you want to stop in the first place.

Congrats on day 6, Micah! If those thoughts of drinking persist, stick close to here. Like I said to MidnightRider, post once a minute if that's what it takes. Remember to stay hydrated and eat. Those are easy triggers to fix but also easy to miss. Hang in there--a drink is the problem, not the answer.

Glad Friday went well and that your sober plans are still intact, rah555. Great job on day 6!

You're deep into sleep now, I'm sure, Steely, but I'll go ahead and wish you a happy Sunday morning for when you do read this.

That number is already getting bigger, Illuminate. Each and every day. I don't know that I think it's a bad idea to get into a social drinking situation so early on but I will say this--give yourself permission to leave immediately if those thoughts of drinking come. Put your recovery first. You don't have to test yourself and your limits. That being said, I hope you have a lovely time and a great visit with your friends.

13 days is amazing, Truthbetold76! I'm sure there are plenty of sober beach trips in your future. Enjoy your weekend.

Glad you didn't drink, NewBeginning16. One day at a time, we can do this!

Enjoy your autumn day, beerbgone. There's no such thing as fall in my neck of the woods. Or if there is, it lasts for about a day and a half.

Thank you for your wonderful morning post, shell77. Sorry about your headache, but one of the first benefits of not drinking is that I can now take a Tylenol if necessary without having to worry if that one pill is going to be the thing that finally explodes my poor liver.

Welcome to the November Nobenders, tomis! Hope you'll become an active participant here. This is a great group with a lot of support and compassion.

Sorry you decided to drink again, Optimist4ever57, but glad you're back here today. Remember this class and SR are here 24/7/365. Get those thoughts/cravings out into the open the next time they occur. Many times just admitting them to another person is enough to take their power away. Glad you're feeling optimistic this morning. Stick close--this class needs you and you need us. We're all stronger together.

I had crazy dreams last night too, ingeborg. Not drinking dreams necessarily, just crazy ones. I'm with you on a wine-free weekend. Keep doing the next right thing!

So happy to see so many people check in already today. If you're out there lurking, please check in and let us know how you're doing. You don't have to do this alone!

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what is going on in your life and/or head. Drinking is the problem, not the solution.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I overslept this morning, rushed off to work with no shower. I made it on time but feel absolutely wrecked, tired. Leaving work early this afternoon and now have to rush to get cleaned up for the wedding... I feel prepared this time. If I'm tempted, I will leave. I'll have a n/a drink in my hand at all times. I'll have the support of my fiancé. Wrote BBF on my thumb as a sober reminder.

I will check in with you all tonight.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Mira, my life is echoed in your flashbacks. It's going to get better! Post as much as you want!
Old 11-12-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I look forward to your successful post-wedding post, bblackbirdflyy. Don't forget to have fun! Sober fun, that is.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thinking of you this afternoon and evening blackbird, pulling for you to have sober fun at the wedding and forever for that matter. 😊
Old 11-12-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

BBF- I will not say 'good luck' for the wedding. That kind of says I hope fate keeps you sober. Having as much control will help, but. For me the thought of relapse is so terrifying at times it almost acts as an invitation. Try to focus on the event and the supposed reason people drink there- to celebrate the joining of 2 lives. If all else fails- people watch. Notice how others change as they gradually drink more. Stay safe, PJ.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Well.... craving subsided hours ago. Ended up cleaning the house and rearranged some stuff in my "man cave" office ... Went and got some storage bins to take care of some clutter.

Just having a huge glass of Coke with ice... My new "bad habit"... But I drink a lot of water too.

Well.. Now I am going to play some guitar and get ready for a rehearsal. May be recording some stuff tonight.

NOV Class - Let's stay sober today/tonight.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Walked into work and my boss asked if I wanted the night off as I was the first one there for the evening and they were way overscheduled since our outdoor areas were going to be closed because of weather. Probably not the responsible choice, but I took the evening off.

Going to go to an AA meeting, I think. Haven't been to one in a few weeks. I have some major issues with AA literature and parts of the 12 steps, but I also really love the fellowship and that basic idea of one alcoholic helping another. It's good for me to be around other people in "real" life who are in recovery. Not that you guys aren't real, you know what I mean.

In the meantime, I'm going to fire up the video game console and fight some dragons.

Have fun with your rehearsal, MidnightRider.

How's everyone else doing this Saturday afternoon or evening (Sunday morning for our time traveling Australian friends)?
Old 11-12-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! So glad to see you all here

Went to work this morning & the same schedule tomorrow....and speaking of flashbacks, there's one that sticks with me ~ before I picked up this weekend job I was at the pub. Every day. Weekends were just crazier. The first time I had to stay in on a Friday night, the phone rang ~ one of my buddies calling from the pub asking where I was. Someone later on said to me, "You know it's bad when the bar is calling you" ~ That was seven years ago. I haven't had a drink in a little over two weeks, but I can't help but feel the regret and guilt for damaging myself. What can I do to change that? I will not drink today!
Old 11-12-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hope you guys don't mind that I share song lyrics....music gets me through a lot! It's the rocker chick in me!
Old 11-12-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Checking in again on day 6. I was tempted today but I came home. I went out to breakfast with my hubby and saw a movie too. I'm home now. Warm snuggly and sober
Old 11-12-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, Sunday morning here, and checking in sober.

Rock on rocker chick and share those lyrics, it helps me too - hi Purplirks

Busy day ahead clearing balconies for workmen to lay waterproofing tomorrow, but as sobriety comes first, wanted to log in to Class to keep me conscious of this fact.

Hey Optimist4Ever, you're going to be OK. We are all doing this together, and we take the pitfalls together, and all of us are learning. Rock on.

Good idea to see a therapist, at least to check him/her out. Any move we make in the direction of sobriety is a good move imo

Thanks Ingborg, you give me hope too. The more we share, the more we push on, the more hope we'll gain. And I believe that our hope will not be denied forever while we remain sober.

Hope the wedding went well blackbird, and likewise your night with your friends Illuminate.

Congratulations on one week rah, yay! Well done with your close call NewBeginnings. Feels good the next day when you know you didn't act on the compulsion, hey?

Hi Truthbetold, Canada might be the destination of choice at the moment

Have to get to these darn balconies done so sending sober vibes to each and every one of you from way Down Under.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Purplrks--I've told this story here on SR before so my apologies in advance if you've already heard it: One of the first times I knew I was drinking too much was back in 2001 when the first bar I was a "regular" at sent me a Christmas card at my house with all the employees' signatures and sentiments on it. Actually, I ended up going to that bar's employee Christmas party for many years after that, despite not being an employee.