Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 11-15-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just about to finish day three. I feel totally nuts from the depression and mood swings. Super paranoid and not being able to get out of my own head/work through my emotions. The first few weeks always feel this way for me though it takes a while to getting back to "normal"
Old 11-15-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi all- I would love to join the class of November..I've been around SR for quite a while now, and most recently was part of Class of January until I relapsed at just over 5 months.
I'm 38 and a Single Mum to 2 Teenage boys.. I work Full time and I also study part time- so alcoholism is a bit of a nuisance haha!!
Previously i was part of AA but this time I am going to SOLELY use SR as my support system as well as my wonderful doctor who sees me weekly.
I hope to check in regularly and try kicking this disease for good!I know I need to put some tools in place to stop me falling off the wagon repeatedly.
Anyway I'm on Day 2, and feeling motivated !!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Nic

D
Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome Nic

D
Thanks Dee- Back again!! xx
Old 11-16-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Bit of a poor me ramble. :)

So winding down another sober day. I am not craving much at all. Every now and then my AV has a little something to say and I get a buzzy feeling in my chest but I just shout in my mind "I SAID NEVER AGAIN" and the beast runs off sulking with his tail between his legs.

Apart from normal day to day stuff though I haven't yet experienced anything super stressful. So I sometimes have concerns about how I will cope when I do. The one thing that really stresses me out in life at the moment I am not allowing myself to think about but I'm sure it will rear its head sooner or later.

Right now though I am just dealing with extreme tiredness. Usually when I give up I have trouble sleeping like so many others on here do but this time around I can hardly stay awake. I sleep 10 solid hours a night, am up for a few hours and if I have time before work I am napping shortly after. My back and shoulders are really giving me grief and I don't have any back problems. A friend suggested magnesium deficiency so I'm going to try some magnesium in the hope that it helps. Maybe the pain is what is tiring me out so badly.

I am pretty irritable which is not great in my job (working with small children and having to accomplish as much as I can with them in half an hour).

Speaking of work I have been thinking lately about what I was doing to myself. I work in a pool and am in there for up to 5 hours at a time. Apparently if you take a bath you should drink at least two glasses of water to replace what has left your body while bathing.
Imagine how dehydrated I was!! I would get in the pool hungover not having had any water or food just coffee. 4 or five hours in there and would I get out and drink water? Nope. Beer. Lots of it. Never a solid bowel movement (sorry too much info). Constantly draining my body of healthy fluid and very rarely replacing it. INSANITY!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Oh and unfortunately that wasn't my last walk of shame with the bin. I have at least three more boxes of empty beer bottles in the shed that wouldn't fit in the bin this time around.
Nevermind. A reminder in two weeks time will probably be a good thing.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Interesting you mention hydration while in a bath/pool. I've never known that but when I'm hungover a bath is sometimes my favorite place. Not uncommon for me to have 5 baths across a day. Fortunately I do keep well hydrated.

Know what you mean about the bin run of shame! When the truck tips that bin out the neighborhood must be thinking wow..
I remember when I was younger laughing about it. Now it's just an embarrassment.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober32 View Post
when I'm hungover a bath is sometimes my favorite place.
Yeah me too and sometimes after a shift in the pool I would get in with a bath beer in tow!! What an idiot!

Now it's chamomile tea and a bath. Much more sophisticated!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober32 View Post

Know what you mean about the bin run of shame! When the truck tips that bin out the neighborhood must be thinking wow..
I remember when I was younger laughing about it. Now it's just an embarrassment.
Not only when he tips the bin out but half way up the street the bottles are still clanking their way into place!!
I would hear the truck coming and my heart would start beating. Harder and harder until it reached my house. And then I would run somewhere and try and make noise or block my ears until it was over.
Um here's a thought miramira! Why not quit drinking instead ya goose!!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:40 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi all- I would love to join the class of November..I've been around SR for quite a while now, and most recently was part of Class of January until I relapsed at just over 5 months.
I'm 38 and a Single Mum to 2 Teenage boys.. I work Full time and I also study part time- so alcoholism is a bit of a nuisance haha!!
Previously i was part of AA but this time I am going to SOLELY use SR as my support system as well as my wonderful doctor who sees me weekly.
I hope to check in regularly and try kicking this disease for good!I know I need to put some tools in place to stop me falling off the wagon repeatedly.
Anyway I'm on Day 2, and feeling motivated !!
Nic!!!its so good to see you here! I am on day three. Let's really do it this time!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Actually the book was published in August! And it has gotten great reviews. I might have to check it out...I listened to the podcast, and wow, fantastic stuff!
Nice! Thanks or letting me know. Definitely going to by it
Old 11-16-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Day 3 and feeling blessed. It's 5:45 am and I am just warming up for my workout (on the bike hence the fact that I can type haha.)
Just checking in for accountability- hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Nic!!!its so good to see you here! I am on day three. Let's really do it this time!
Aww sunny I'm so happy to see you Hun!!!! Let's really do it hey!!! I feel stronger this time round xxx
Old 11-16-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Well done Sunflower life! Day 3 for me is coming quick and fast, nearly bed time on day 2 for me.
Had a good evening & fired up some video games, youtube and read some lifestyle forums. So definitely on the mend!
Tomorrow I've got the kids so thank God I'm going to be fresh, think we'll hit the local park.
Wifes about to get home with the kids too after being out for the evening. She's bring me a cheeky hamburger 😀
Old 11-16-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Starting Day 9. As I kind of expected, cravings are coming to me in a big way, more than they did at the start. I had an easy time in those early days when the vivid memory of the latest hangover was fresh in my mind. But as time goes on, my brain thinks more and more along its addicted thought processes.

It's odd because I actually felt surprisingly GOOD yesterday. Optimistic, maybe even happy....and at the same time, my addict brain was practically screaming at me to go get a drink. I'm stuck in a weird place right now where my body and soul are starting to create some distance from the addiction, and that feels great, but my addicted mind is absolutely crying out for attention and appeasement. I have to remember to keep telling it to shut the hell up, lol. I was just at an AA meeting where they were telling stories about the nasty things their friends would drink and how odd that was, and for some reason, just hearing them talk about drinking made me really want to drink.

So, it's tougher, and I knew it would get a little tougher, but so far I'm holding strong. I'm seeing a new therapist this morning, and hopefully I can start getting to the bottom of other mental problems of mine, notably my anxiety which is undoubtedly an actual anxiety disorder.

Stay strong everyone!
Old 11-16-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Welcome SoberDave. Yup, blood pressure problems on my end as well. It takes 5-6 days for mine to come back down when I stop, and I'm on medication. So why would I want to drink again?!? Well, I don't want to.

Welcome Nic233 as well.

The November class is really coming together--and so many Aussies! I would love to see the Kookaburra. We sang the Kookaburra song in elementary school, in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is, or was, a universal I think. And none of us midwestern American kids had a stinkin' clue what a Kookaburra was.

Starting day 5, and yes it may sound like too much information Miramira, but it's nice when things "firm up" again, lol.

Stay sober and have a great day everyone.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good morning! Now y'all have me looking up the laughing kookaburra on youtube.

In my neck of the woods these guys will be visiting soon. I'm not from Minneapolis, but we also get a murder every winter.

https://youtu.be/dIg4y6bsEA4
Old 11-16-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, Welcome SoberDave and Nick233. Illimunate stay strong. Thinking of everybody on here. X
Old 11-16-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Start of day 2. Such a small number. Slept well though which really surprised me. Just now trying to think of how to fill in my day. Need to give the house a good cleaning. I'll start with that I guess. X
Old 11-16-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Now 6 days sober. Also still feel a bit groggy/tired most of the time. It has gotten better the past few days little by little. Keep fighting the good fight guys. For me, I knew this war was coming, I just kept putting it off. If I don't tackle this now I may not get to meet my grandkids someday. My kids deserve better.