Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 11-15-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

That's a great achievement Bobbieka, thank you for your input! It's always good to get an extra dose of inspiration :-)
Old 11-15-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
The podcast is called "Health Bridge" and the show was from October 27th- the guest's name is Dr. Rajiv Parti and he has a book coming out called "Dying to Wake Up." I haven't taken a look at his website but I'm sure it's a good one. I love this stuff too- really puts life into perspective.
Actually the book was published in August! And it has gotten great reviews. I might have to check it out...I listened to the podcast, and wow, fantastic stuff!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

My AV is VERY vocal this evening about wanting 4 cans of lager!

I need to go to the shop for a couple of ingredients to go with my tea but I think I will just have to make do with what I have. I've found it tends to pipe down once I have fed my face!
Old 11-15-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Just finished reading everyone's posts and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude. I can relate to you all, and there I was thinking that I was the only woman/person who did the things that I have done. Being a woman with a major drinking problem is not a good look, not a good look for anyone really. Something about the "lush", idk.

Will go have brekky and a shower before returning, more able to contribute. I am still depressed so it really is baby steps.

Hey Emzeh, tell your AV to shut its bloody face already those 4 lagers are a complete illusion, designed to bring you down by your own hand. It's the same for me, and I am so sick of self destructing.

Poached eggs and a shower, sound OK?
Old 11-15-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmy2002 View Post
Ok, So today is my first day. Sick of this. Don't want to do this anymore. Feeling really down. So annoyed with myself. Feeling disappointed in myself. Also afraid in case I get withdrawal symptoms. How do I do this?
Hi Kimmy, we have all felt the same at some point. Advice: expect withdrawals, expect to feel crappy, grin and bare it until it's over. If you try to drink the crappyness away what happens? You feel crappier!!

Xx
Old 11-15-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Sounds tasty to me, enjoy :-)
Old 11-15-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Emzeh, don't do it. You will thank yourself in the morning. X
Old 11-15-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Thanks Kimmy, I feel I have won the argument in my head this time, and hopefully all future times of course. I have made a post in the main forum to get some tips and tricks on how to battle a particular hurdle for me - it really does help throwing everything out of your mind and into writing

I hope you are doing okay today :-)
Old 11-15-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shell77 View Post
Thank God! I woke up sober again this morning. It has been awhile since I have gone this long without a drink! 11 days today :-) My addictive brain is already telling me I could have a drink or two and be fine. It always happens around day 10-2 weeks. But I know that it isn't true this time! I can not have a drink ever again! So now it is trying to figure out my plan for when these thoughts creep in my head.

Congrats on day 8 Illuminate! Congrats on day 9 Micah and ingeborg! And everyone else who made it one more day without a drink!

Vegit, hang in there! Your sobriety is #1 right now!

Good luck on the job hunt Truthbetold and congrats on getting past the 2 week mark, I can't wait to get past 2 weeks.

Kimmy-- Welcome!!! It is seriously one day at a time, one hour at a time, and even one minute at a time. I like to write in my journal, or READ my journal when I get the cravings. For about 2 years now, I have only written in my journal on the day after a major binge, so I can go back and read all the things I'm forgetting when I want to drink. Have you tried an AA meeting? I know the feeling about not sleeping too, I finally got a good night sleep on day 8 and have slept great the past 3 nights. Hang in there and stay close! Post away!!! We will be here.

I am rooting for each and everyone of you (and me) for another 24 hours sober. Have a wonderful day/evening!!
I am not much of a journal writer but I read back on my posts in here. I have even copied and posted them to a word document so that I don't forget the desperation I was in.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emzeh View Post
My AV is VERY vocal this evening about wanting 4 cans of lager!

I need to go to the shop for a couple of ingredients to go with my tea but I think I will just have to make do with what I have. I've found it tends to pipe down once I have fed my face!
Yes make do. I have had to do that a couple of times as I wasn't totally positive that my need to go to the shop wasn't my AV trying to rope me in.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Just finished reading everyone's posts and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude. I can relate to you all, and there I was thinking that I was the only woman/person who did the things that I have done. Being a woman with a major drinking problem is not a good look, not a good look for anyone really. Something about the "lush", idk.

Will go have brekky and a shower before returning, more able to contribute. I am still depressed so it really is baby steps.

Hey Emzeh, tell your AV to shut its bloody face already those 4 lagers are a complete illusion, designed to bring you down by your own hand. It's the same for me, and I am so sick of self destructing.

Poached eggs and a shower, sound OK?
Sounds good steely. I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. I feel that way a lot to. I have been going for long walks. Sometimes it takes me til the day is half over to get out and do it but when I do I always wish I'd done it earlier. It does wonders. (Gives me an appetite too as I'm not a really big eater and sometimes I forget my body needs food to feel ok)
Anyway I digress go for a walk. Xx
Old 11-15-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Miramira View Post
Yes make do. I have had to do that a couple of times as I wasn't totally positive that my need to go to the shop wasn't my AV trying to rope me in.
Mine absolutely was and I know it, a particularly telling factor is that I 'needed' some peppers...and my local shop certainly isn't known for the freshness of its vegetables...!
Old 11-15-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Thanks Mira.

I WILL try to go for a walk today. So many people recommend it, but for some reason I exclude myself from the good stuff.

I'll pick up the baton and go watch the birdies and hope I see a Kookaburra.

I have the startle response of a gnat at the moment. I will never drink again.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

That would be awesome if you saw a kook!! We don't get them around here. Mag goes maggies, lorekeets, rosellas and galahs though. Galahs are really good for a laugh too. So cute, a lot of personality.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

But yeah I know it's really hard when you're feeling bad but I really recommend a walk everyday.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

...I'm from the UK...we have plenty of pigeons? Haha, nothing quite as exciting as you folks!
Old 11-15-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

In my first post on here I think I mentioned that I was walking and had to keep telling myself don't think just move. Try that if your mind starts to wonder into negetive stuff.
Let me know how it goes.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emzeh View Post
...I'm from the UK...we have plenty of pigeons? Haha, nothing quite as exciting as you folks!
Ah but you get to sing the Mary poppins feed the bird song!!
Old 11-15-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Miramira View Post
Ah but you get to sing the Mary poppins feed the bird song!!
I guess the most amusing part of that is that on my worst days I probably looked like the woman who was feeding the birds!
Old 11-15-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I guess put me in this class. I'm taking another swing at this sober thing. This time I have some medical inspiration. My blood pressure is out of control. I think I need to start treating my body better. Today marks 5 days sober.